Sign in to follow this  
pietro1503559499

New Hd Channels In Regional Areas

All,

Some of my previous posts have given the impression that i am a Prime Employee. However i am not. I am a person who is involved in the tv industry and have a friend who works for Prime and he has been the source of my information. I apologise for giving this impression to all viewers it was unintentional.

veratyr_99

You have always referred to Prime as 'first person' eg: I, we, us, our etc.

and in This Post you state (quite intentionally) "I should know i work at Prime."

I Just bought a HD tv today and checked out HD channel Prime and it just says Prime with out the HD i get my tv from Look Out Hill Ballarat>

cheers

I Just bought a HD tv today and checked out HD channel Prime and it just says Prime with out the HD i get my tv from Look Out Hill Ballarat>

cheers

At present they are only broadcasting a few nights ever week, a couple of late night movies at 10:30pm plus "That 70's Show" and "The Grid".

They switch from the regular "Prime" broadcast to the "Prime HD" broadcast.

Edited by robatwagga

A good test to see whether SC10 might be going to broadcast the full new TenHD service is whether we get the Beckham interview and match in HD tomorrow night. The Green Guide says it's HD. My gut feeling is that it won't be HD on SC10.

Well it's in the SC10 EPG as HD. Fingers crossed that it will be.

Of course, even if it is HD, it may not be a good test that SC10 will have the full Ten HD service as there are a number of factors (including how they will do adverts on an all day seperate channel). Fingers crossed that they will though.

Well it's in the SC10 EPG as HD. Fingers crossed that it will be.

Of course, even if it is HD, it may not be a good test that SC10 will have the full Ten HD service as there are a number of factors (including how they will do adverts on an all day seperate channel). Fingers crossed that they will though.

Can that EPG be found online? My Vista Media Center does not access it.

Well 5pm has come and gone, and presumably 10HD is showing the Totally Wild special. But SC10HD is just showing the dreaded loop. Looks as if the regional viewers will be missing out on the multichannel.

At least Prime is making an effort.

Well 5pm has come and gone, and presumably 10HD is showing the Totally Wild special. But SC10HD is just showing the dreaded loop. Looks as if the regional viewers will be missing out on the multichannel.

At least Prime is making an effort.

True, it only took prime 2 weeks to get the 7HD shows going. But i doubt we'll see that happen with SC10, rumor has it we'll be waiting until early-mid next year

Buggers <_<

Could someone please explain to me why SC10 just doesn't show what is on the 10HD network. They did before (except for AFL which was on at different times)

I am curious to see what is going to happen at 4 this arvo'. Green Guide says Scope in HD, which is the usual Monday 4pm programme. But according to the 10HD guide there is something about the world of HD from 4-6. I suspect SC10 will show Scope in SD, with the loop on the HD channel, as surelySC10 doesn't have the ability to transmit Scope in HD if it's not on the network. If that happens then regional viewers will actually be going backwards.

Could someone please explain to me why SC10 just doesn't show what is on the 10HD network. They did before (except for AFL which was on at different times)

I am curious to see what is going to happen at 4 this arvo'. Green Guide says Scope in HD, which is the usual Monday 4pm programme. But according to the 10HD guide there is something about the world of HD from 4-6. I suspect SC10 will show Scope in SD, with the loop on the HD channel, as surelySC10 doesn't have the ability to transmit Scope in HD if it's not on the network. If that happens then regional viewers will actually be going backwards.

Because SC10 doesn't have the ability to insert local ads for each market to enable them to pay for the extra channel.

Because SC10 doesn't have the ability to insert local ads for each market to enable them to pay for the extra channel.

Do you mean the charge TEN would make for the extra content?

What in hell is going on? Instead of Scope, SC10 is showing 10HD world of HD? Is it going to pick and choose or has 10HD now started on SC10?

And of course that ludicrously big watermark is there too.

Edited by pietro

What in hell is going on? Instead of Scope, SC10 is showing 10HD world of HD? Is it going to pick and choose or has 10HD now started on SC10?

And of course that ludicrously big watermark is there too.

Well that didnt last long SC10Hd was relaying 10HD this afternoon but now its already gone back to the stupid HD loop

It's hilarious. Maybe SC10 doesn't know what is going on either. We had 10 minutes of 10HD, then 2 minutes of the loop, then 10 minutes of 10HD and now seem to have gone back to the loop full-time.

I don't think I'll be planning to watch any specific shows in HD on SC10 for a while.