New Hd Channels In Regional Areas

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My HD STB still has 50 as SC 10 HD and 55 as ONE HD Taree even after deleting and rescanning the SC10 Frequency, I decided to set up the SD STB that hasn't been used for a while, it usually responds to changes much better, but even it has 50 as SC 10 HD and 55 as ONE HD.

Guess I'll have to report it to SC10 on monday.

• 2 weeks later...

Mark Dorney from MSCM was on State Focus on Sunday to promote ONE HD.

He said there is only ONE in HD (i.e. no SD) and that they spent $27 million AUD to upgrade their Canberra facilities.

Other than that there wa slittle in the way of real information

Mark Dorney from MSCM was on State Focus on Sunday to promote ONE HD.

He said there is only ONE in HD (i.e. no SD) and that they spent $27 million AUD to upgrade their Canberra facilities.

Other than that there wa slittle in the way of real information

Well, ONE HD up and running, Ch 50 (Newcastle) the other spare SC 10 (55) remains a copy of the SD channel (05). I see no reason for SCTV to run ONE SD version that cities see.

Still a boring website, hope they update it soon.

http://www.southerncrossbroadcasting.com.au/

Edited by Keepleft

SCten. Please simulcast ONE HD on 55 please.

no thanks, SC10 are smart to not be simulcasting it, Simulcasting is pointless, if people want ONE, they can buy a STB for $100. by leaving it as HD only will encourage people to buy HD STB's, instead of inferior SD STB's.

SD STB's should be banned from sale IMO.

SCten. Please simulcast ONE HD on 55 please.

Not that I watch 10, but I imagine that if SC10's picture quality took a similar nose dive to that of 10's there'd be a hell of a lot more complaints than SC would be getting for not simulcasting it.

no thanks, SC10 are smart to not be simulcasting it, Simulcasting is pointless, if people want ONE, they can buy a STB for $100. by leaving it as HD only will encourage people to buy HD STB's, instead of inferior SD STB's.

Yeah initially there was a huge price difference, but now i don't even think you can buy an SD only TV... Certainly nothing will SD built in tuners, they are all HD.

But now i tell anyone who buys a STB to get a HD one. Especially as just about everywhere gets One HD. It won't be long before the other channels start doing doing reasonable different programming on their HD channels.

HD TVs and HD set top boxes are coming down in price and they are more common. I used to have a SD box starting in 2003, and got a additional HD box last year because prices are coming down.

SD boxes could cease to exist in a few years time, who knows? The only sensible option is to get HD box or HD TV because extra channels in future could only appear in HD, who knows.

William Walker

• 2 weeks later...

I love watching the HD loop on WIN HD. It really shows off the clear images on my TV. However I feel for those in regional areas who don't receive Nine HD aswell and therefore do not get HD broadcasts of some programs.

I love watching the HD loop on WIN HD. It really shows off the clear images on my TV. However I feel for those in regional areas who don't receive Nine HD aswell and therefore do not get HD broadcasts of some programs.

isn't WIN HD at a low bitrate, like 11Mbps?

Until there is some fast motion and then there is the dreaded blocking.

Haha yes I witnessed that after I posted. There was a scene with a bird leaping off a branch, the branch shook and it was like lego vision :(

Edited by Dyllip