Sign in to follow this  
pietro1503559499

New Hd Channels In Regional Areas

Rather than follow the extensive threads about capital city channels I thought a thread specific for regional viewers might be appropriate.

When Network 10 announced their new HD channel I emailed SC10 to see if they were going to follow and the response was they were working on it and hoping to make an announcement. Nothing so far that I know of.

Does anyone have further info on what SC10 and Prime will be doing for the regional HD addicts? I would also mention WIN but feel that would be ridiculous. Come on WIN, astound us.

Rather than follow the extensive threads about capital city channels I thought a thread specific for regional viewers might be appropriate.

When Network 10 announced their new HD channel I emailed SC10 to see if they were going to follow and the response was they were working on it and hoping to make an announcement. Nothing so far that I know of.

Does anyone have further info on what SC10 and Prime will be doing for the regional HD addicts? I would also mention WIN but feel that would be ridiculous. Come on WIN, astound us.

Last night PRIME did not go to the HD signal that the state capital cities was getting, instead redirecting the HD channel to SD as always... so looks like nothing for us

Last night PRIME did not go to the HD signal that the state capital cities was getting, instead redirecting the HD channel to SD as always... so looks like nothing for us

If we have to wait, you'd think that they could put on better programs rather than the rubbish that has been on the last couple of nights!

I'd wait until they actually have the full launch here in the capital cities.

Maybe I'm panicking because I think the country cuzzins will miss out again. eg. AFL in HD.

On the other hand we might be lucky and get some inside information.

Maybe I'm panicking because I think the country cuzzins will miss out again. eg. AFL in HD.

On the other hand we might be lucky and get some inside information.

With southern cross most likely being sold in the next few weeks maybe they are waiting to see what will be happening?

I just got a email reply from SC10 and...to quote!!

"We are currently evaluating our options on this and are hoping to have a HD service up and running by mid next year."

..better than nothing I suppose. Hopefully they will not take that long to get it up and running in the regional areas.

I just got a email reply from SC10 and...to quote!!

"We are currently evaluating our options on this and are hoping to have a HD service up and running by mid next year."

..better than nothing I suppose. Hopefully they will not take that long to get it up and running in the regional areas.

"mid next year" what does that translate to in the real world, one year or more.

I don't see why SC10 couldn't, in the short term, offer 10's HD service in the same way that they currently offer 10's HD programming and do it without a 6+ month delay. Sure it means no localised advertising (no real ads at all), but they could work towards that while running 10's alternate programming.

I don't see why SC10 couldn't, in the short term, offer 10's HD service in the same way that they currently offer 10's HD programming and do it without a 6+ month delay. Sure it means no localised advertising (no real ads at all), but they could work towards that while running 10's alternate programming.

I don't see why Prime can't either. I would have thought SC10 could follow Prime's example with commercials. They don't show local but seem to have Australia-wide more generalised ads, but I don't think they are the same as the 7HD commercials. Or maybe they are?

I don't see why Prime can't either. I would have thought SC10 could follow Prime's example with commercials. They don't show local but seem to have Australia-wide more generalised ads, but I don't think they are the same as the 7HD commercials. Or maybe they are?

When we watch Prime (CW NSW) we get Wollongong adds, they don't mean much to us but are something different. People bag the ABc but when they introduce a new channel atleast everyone gets it at the same time.

When we watch Prime (CW NSW) we get Wollongong adds, they don't mean much to us but are something different. People bag the ABc but when they introduce a new channel atleast everyone gets it at the same time.

Are you saying you get Wollongong ads on HD Prime, or just SD?

I was under the impression that ads on HD came from Prime HQ Canberra and were meant to be appropriate for all areas.

Edited by pietro

Are you saying you get Wollongong ads on HD Prime, or just SD?

I was under the impression that ads on HD came from Prime HQ Canberra and were meant to be appropriate for all areas.

Just the HD channel during HD shows, I assumed they are wollongong because they are advertising some wollongong businesses...unless the adds from Canberra are directed more to the South Coast/Wollongong area due to the population.

Just the HD channel during HD shows, I assumed they are wollongong because they are advertising some wollongong businesses...unless the adds from Canberra are directed more to the South Coast/Wollongong area due to the population.

Yes the PRIME HD ads are all from Wollongong (I posted this in the Canberra forum a few months ago and was told the HD transmitter for PRIME was there) however they also show ads for Victorian towns as well...

PRIME HD is the only place I can see the guy from Sturman Electronics (now that he has broken his leg and all...)