Sign in to follow this  
Bry

Sony Bravia Owners Thread

KDL46X31000 Fan Issues. Anyone with this set getting fan noise which is a little louder then its meant to be

they are tiny 3 wire fans = yes they will go noisy and fail. the firmware prevents use of teh TV without them - but they serve no purpose as they are legacy devices > too slow> too small>

I have a KDL 55EX500 and a Toshiba laptop. I tried to use the TV as a second display for the laptop using a VGA/SVGA cable. However, the TV seems not detecting the connection (PC connection is grey out, not selectable from the menu). I have tried setting different resolution available in the PC as suggested somewhere on the net but not successful. If anybody know this issue, please help me. Thanks a lot.

Possibly its a sync issue : try another cable before calling Sony and getting them to fix it

My Bravia XBR 46" LCD bought in early '08 had the 'dark and blurry' problem on half the screen pop up this year (it grew from 1/5 to 1/2 screen over a month).

After reading here, I thought I'd be in for a lot of hassle, but I contacted Digital Domain in Adelaide (where I live) and they were excellent.

I had a new LCD panel delivered and installed within a week, all covered by Sony - no cost to me.

They were very friendly and helpful and Sony honoured the fault with no questions - they didn't even ask to see the screen in it's damaged mode.

Very pleased with outcome. I recommend doing the same if your TV goes down in South Australia (other states prob have their own divisions).

There is hope!

If you tried before April this year they would have made you pay . Its a world wide problem on the xbr3 ( X3100) and xbr4 (Xbr ) series TV's.

I have a TV that has had 3 panels and this one seems to be working . We waited 8 weeks the first time. Previous one lasted 12 months and this one i was told was made this year.

QUOTE (nrl_bulldogs @ Apr 28 2010, 11:07 PM)

My father has the KDL46X3100 that is experiencing much the same problems as described here, the right side of the screen is dark and used to go away after 10-15mins when it warms up, but more recently it's been a lot more persistent. Unfortunately, this occurred outside of the 1 year warranty period and my father did not purchase Extended Warranty. Does anyone know a rough price to get this fixed or are there any other options such as complaining to Sony etc.

When the warranty people sent my tv to the repairers, the repairer said that the problem had something to do the panel and it had to be replaced, they said it would cost them around $1500 to replace the panel if I remember correctly =/.

Gedday ....Got a quote for a new panel in my KDL46X3100 was $880...does anyone know what quality is like of new panels??? or what make go back in???...repairer said new ones were good quality panels

cheers

I hope you haven't paid a thing - its a free fix

Hi guys,

First of all, sorry if i asked in the wrong forum. Not sure where to go XD.

Anyway, i was wondering is it possible to stream live stream say from Sopcast, PPstream etc from my PC to my EX500 using media player with LAN capability? The media player i'm using is Hyundai V10 if you ever heard of it before (got it from ebay, and worked wonder so far). Thanks for your input! Cheers

they are tiny 3 wire fans = yes they will go noisy and fail. the firmware prevents use of teh TV without them - but they serve no purpose as they are legacy devices > too slow> too small>

So I just get them replaced by a Professional under my warranty? or do they do a firmware update?

Not sure if this is the best place to post this but is anyone wanting to sell their Playstation3, I need another one for my nephew's birthday?

So I just get them replaced by a Professional under my warranty? or do they do a firmware update?

if it requires a professional to unscrew the back of the TV , remove the 1 screw holding the duct assembly on, and the 2 small screws holding the fan in - unclip the connector - then yes any professional monkey can so it.

the firmware is loaded to a Mem stick and inserted in the back of the TV - only a Sony repairer will have access to that.

Problem with Optical Out on Bravia - Sound is Choppy.

Anyone know the solution to this?

Have choppy sound with optical audio out - same as below.

Doesn't matter if imput to TV is component or HDMI, affects both as well as native TV

Isolated issue to TV, as cable and reciever OK.

Mine is out of warranty unfortunately.

Any help appreciated.

I have a KDL40x3100 and as of two days ago, it seems like the optical out on the rear of the TV is faulty.

The sound that I am getting (if any) is extremely choppy, cutting in and out. I have this connected to my receiver. As soon as I disconnect the optical, and connect RCA, it works fine. When looking closely at the optical port on the rear of the tv, the red light blinks intermittently - is this normal? The cable is working fine, as I have tested it from my PS3 and Foxtel IQ box without an issue.

Has/is anyone else experiencing dramas with their optical audio?

Thankfully my TV is still under extended warranty and a tech can come and have a look at it.

EDIT:

Just found another user with the same issue...

Edited by GarthVader

Problem with Optical Out on Bravia - Sound is Choppy.

Anyone know the solution to this?

Have choppy sound with optical audio out - same as below.

Doesn't matter if imput to TV is component or HDMI, affects both as well as native TV

Isolated issue to TV, as cable and reciever OK.

Mine is out of warranty unfortunately.

Any help appreciated.

It's something that has happened before - optical o/p's do fail.. btw if you hadnt noticed the TV stations arent always playing dolby like they are suppose to - when the TV says DOLBY and the SONY says PCM.

No such thing as OUT OF WARRANTY <5years : call them and ask.

if it requires a professional to unscrew the back of the TV , remove the 1 screw holding the duct assembly on, and the 2 small screws holding the fan in - unclip the connector - then yes any professional monkey can so it.

the firmware is loaded to a Mem stick and inserted in the back of the TV - only a Sony repairer will have access to that.

My fans are becoming more noticable....

I have an extended warranty but live 500km from a service agent. Are suitable (and better) fans available that are a plugin replacement???

Many thanks

John in Sunny Carnarvon - WA

GDay,

I have just been gifted a slightly inconsistently behaving KF-50E200A 3LCD. Apparently it was playing up, turning itself off at random. The previous owner was quoted a huge amount to be repaired, over the phone none the less, so they bought a new unit and were going to chuck this.

So only having a normal 52cm old CRT style TV's I jumped at the chance to have such a MASSIVE beast, even if it was finiky. But it seems to work fine for me, has not thrown any red flashing lights, nor has it turned itself off for me.... yet. But I have noticed there is a pink tinted line running across the top of the screen.... After a bit of searching I found this:

http://sites.google.com/site/sonylcdrptvproblems/

So after a quick price check on eBay..... bout $400 for the unit itself..... not including shipping, from Canada.....

So I was lead to believe that the unit is about four years old, and have asked the previous owner for a reciept, which I am fairly sure that it could possibly still actually exist.

But is there anything I can do, but watch the pink hue slowly grow down the screen? I can ignore it by putting the tv into the mode that adds the black line above and below the picture, but it'll still be there, just hiding.

Cheers,

Cy

Rockhampton, QLD.

My fans are becoming more noticable....

I have an extended warranty but live 500km from a service agent. Are suitable (and better) fans available that are a plugin replacement???

Many thanks

John in Sunny Carnarvon - WA

+1

Would like to know this too

GDay,

I have just been gifted a slightly inconsistently behaving KF-50E200A 3LCD. Apparently it was playing up, turning itself off at random. The previous owner was quoted a huge amount to be repaired, over the phone none the less, so they bought a new unit and were going to chuck this.

So only having a normal 52cm old CRT style TV's I jumped at the chance to have such a MASSIVE beast, even if it was finiky. But it seems to work fine for me, has not thrown any red flashing lights, nor has it turned itself off for me.... yet. But I have noticed there is a pink tinted line running across the top of the screen.... After a bit of searching I found this:

http://sites.google.com/site/sonylcdrptvproblems/

So after a quick price check on eBay..... bout $400 for the unit itself..... not including shipping, from Canada.....

So I was lead to believe that the unit is about four years old, and have asked the previous owner for a reciept, which I am fairly sure that it could possibly still actually exist.

But is there anything I can do, but watch the pink hue slowly grow down the screen? I can ignore it by putting the tv into the mode that adds the black line above and below the picture, but it'll still be there, just hiding.

Cheers,

Cy

Rockhampton, QLD.

Dude, fans are normally serviceable. Remove fan, then remove sticker and or rubber plug covering the bearing, then apply a drop of clean good grade engine oil to the bearing and replace the rubber plug or tape covering the bearing and reinstall. You should get trouble free operation for thousands or hours.

Dude, fans are normally serviceable. Remove fan, then remove sticker and or rubber plug covering the bearing, then apply a drop of clean good grade engine oil to the bearing and replace the rubber plug or tape covering the bearing and reinstall. You should get trouble free operation for thousands or hours.

I didngt think the pink line was a fan issue?

My display looks like the following:

KDF-55E2000.jpg

EDIT: ok so the picture isnt working for some reason, loads fine if you copy and paste the address.

Edited by Cyrus

Think he replied the wrong post mate.

On a side note, does anyone know the lag time for gaming on a KDL46X3100?? I dont notice any and I dont use game mode but was wondering what the lag time is so I can compare it to the new 3D Bravias

Think he replied the wrong post mate.

On a side note, does anyone know the lag time for gaming on a KDL46X3100?? I dont notice any and I dont use game mode but was wondering what the lag time is so I can compare it to the new 3D Bravias

Zoidberg, welcome back to the show! Have you bought a tv yet??? :lol::lol::lol:

Andys.

hahaha not yet, gonna get one on for my Bday in november thats why I havent got it yet, Mrs's said I can treat myself then. Down to a few now

Happy Bday when you finally get one :)

Edited by kronosx

Well after getting all the information I need, I contacted Sony believing the unit was out of warranty, they gave me a case number and told me to take it to their local authorised repairer. Last step was to go to the local Harvey Norman's for a copy of the Receipt........ lo and behold, the sale date was Jan 2007....... and it WAS purchased with a 48 month Extended Warranty!! So Booked it in, dropped the unit off where they asked and now just waiting for them to repair or replace it.

So just got the call from the repairer..... They replaced the Power Supply Unit and the Optical Block. Ready for pickup! Wow, what great service and turn around time!

I know this is an old thread, but seemed maybe the best place to post.

Can I get an antenna signal out of a KDL46X3100? They have a little loop cable on the back, either side of the antenna input, anyone know what that's for?

I have just installed my first HTPC (thanks dJOS, an awesome machine), and don't have a lot of experience with operating that yet. I'd rather not use a splitter if I can avoid it.

•Digital Now PCIe S2 Dual Hybrid TV Tuner Card (2x Digital Tuners + FM Radio & Analogue TV support) - just appears to have antenna (DTV), and Analogue/FM inputs.

I know this is an old thread, but seemed maybe the best place to post.

Can I get an antenna signal out of a KDL46X3100? They have a little loop cable on the back, either side of the antenna input, anyone know what that's for?

I have just installed my first HTPC (thanks dJOS, an awesome machine), and don't have a lot of experience with operating that yet. I'd rather not use a splitter if I can avoid it.

•Digital Now PCIe S2 Dual Hybrid TV Tuner Card (2x Digital Tuners + FM Radio & Analogue TV support) - just appears to have antenna (DTV), and Analogue/FM inputs.

The KDL46X3100 has a digital & analogue tuner so I think the coax cable loop you're referring to is to supply a signal to the analogue tuner.

I too was wondering if I hook a RF cable to the TV can I then have another RF cable from the TV to my PlayTV? Be great as then I dont need to use a Spliter, anyone know?