Sign in to follow this  
digitalj

7 Hd Multichannel Has Started

It must be to pre-empt channel 9 getting the glory, as Ten and Seven were meant to start in December, then 9 said November...

Hopefully they won't get into a "My logo is bigger than yours!" pissing contest.

all the ads shown are for ch7 tv shows , so they are paying to broadcast this movie but not making any advertising dollars!

Mr davmel, I am interested to see how they fit bonus content around stuff we really want to see in HD. Lost is a very good example. If they don't work around that, AC3 on 7SD would be the least we should expect.

Mr davmel, I am interested to see how they fit bonus content around stuff we really want to see in HD. Lost is a very good example. If they don't work around that, AC3 on 7SD would be the least we should expect.

At least they could schedule this 'test' run during other times when SD only content is showing. I'd certainly be happy to see HD content appear on the HD channel when Passions is showing on the SD channel!

A HD channel alternative to Guthy-Renker would be even better!

After all, I'm surely not the only person that bothers to watch FTA TV ONLY because that's where I can watch programming in HD. If I wanted to watch repeats of Lost or other shows in SD I'll just rent a DVD without any ads or download a torrent (almost always in sub-SD resolution anyway).

Edited by davmel

This whole HD multichanneling is going to be a complete mess. You'll be sacrificing real primetime HD content for 'alternative' sub standard programming, as we've just seen with the movie replacing BL in HD. It should've been SD multichanneling from the start. Told people, 'we're moving to HD in 18 months' and be done with it. I don't think such a conversion as we have had here in Australia has ever been witnessed anywhere else, how bodge!

In Case of Emergency

Proof of Love

11.30pm – 12am Seven

Monday 15 October 2007

Widescreen

High Definition

New Episode

Tonight they are showing it during repeat (repeats that would have been in HD, but still repeats) programming, makes sense!

The last time they were shown they were only shown in crappy 576p, not 1080i so they STILL not been shown in REAL HD.

Oh, and In Case of Emergency is NOT a repeat - and the show looks good in HD.

25th Hour is one of my favourite films, I wish I hadn't missed it, if only to see how good/bad it looked.

The opening scene is intentionally VERY grainy but I think once the credits are over things should have been okay.

edit: my mistake, still going :) Will cap and compare to DVD.

Edited by SteveBuscemi

I don't think such a conversion as we have had here in Australia has ever been witnessed anywhere else, how bodge!

In the US they have different HD and SD channel content, we were only unique in having legislation requiring simulcasting in Analogue, SD, & HD.

Ideally, the commercial stations need TWO 7MHz channels so they can show more than one HD channel.

this movie is seriously boring

You can always watch the mint on 9.

BTW, nothing wrong with the PQ of this movie.

Nice to see Michelle Rodriguez's first appearance on Lost in the current repeat.

She was just sentenced to 6 months jail.

A bit disappointing to see they used the SD overlay when returning from the last ad break.

Lost is going to be on 7HD after the movie.

Yeah, should be interesting to see whether they just 'cut' in to the SD channel programming (which will miss the first episode alltogether) or just timeshift both episodes....