Sign in to follow this  
digitalj

7 Hd Multichannel Has Started

What's up with the station watermark? On and off for no reason - at least the ads are SHORT!

I think the HD watermark is scheduled on and off according to the breaks on the main (SD) channel.

I had closed captions on for the HD channel, and no captions were shown, then the HD watermark disappeared and captions appeared for a car commercial, captions disappeared and then the watermark re-appeared.

This whole HD separate programming looks like a bit of a test run.

Possibly coming out of the backup presentation system in Sydney?

BTW, PQ and Audio pretty darn good here in Melb.

Edited by John_Barber

so how do we know now what will be on the HD channel if no where lists it ?

I reckon that will be coming when they've sorted it all out.

As someone suggested earlier, this looks like a last minute thing to gazump the opposition.

any ads in this movie, going now for 35mins no ads lol

just had a n ad break here in sydney few minutes ago but only ads for a tv show and koshi saying gotta love ch7 hd

I think the HD watermark is scheduled on and off according to the breaks on the main (SD) channel.

I was looking and this appears to be the case. Surely this will be able to be fixed easily enough (removing it would be ideal).

Possibly coming out of the backup presentation system in Sydney?

I was under the impression the backup system in Epping wasn't HD capable

I was looking and this appears to be the case. Surely this will be able to be fixed easily enough (removing it would be ideal).

But we know they want the huge watermarks on the regular channels; surely they'll want everyone to know there's effectively a "3rd" channel. It may be viewable from space, who knows :)

Here I was hoping to FINALLY see the season 2 repeat of Lost episodes coming up in REAL HD unlike the last time they were shown only to be let down by silly childish 'We did multi-channelling before you!' stunts by Ch 7.

It may be viewable from space, who knows :)

Whenever a HD only programme in on, all TVs in the country fall flat and lineup to show the 7 HD watermark from space. Sounds like good marketing to me.

Speaking of which, I am looking forward to see how they use the green look and the new logo in programming advertising. I am also enjoying the adverts (or lack thereof).