Sign in to follow this  
digitalj

7 Hd Multichannel Has Started

this movie is seriously boring

You can always watch the mint on 9.

BTW, nothing wrong with the PQ of this movie.

Nice to see Michelle Rodriguez's first appearance on Lost in the current repeat.

She was just sentenced to 6 months jail.

A bit disappointing to see they used the SD overlay when returning from the last ad break.

Lost is going to be on 7HD after the movie.

Yeah, should be interesting to see whether they just 'cut' in to the SD channel programming (which will miss the first episode alltogether) or just timeshift both episodes....

The movie just started in Perth, 10:46pm!

In wonderful "Dodgy 5.1".

Let's hope they dont keep playing this old trick again :P

That was abrupt.

HA HA HA.

(Early days, fingers crossed eh?!)

Yeah, should be interesting to see whether they just 'cut' in to the SD channel programming (which will miss the first episode alltogether) or just timeshift both episodes....

They're saying "NEXT: LOST" so I presume they're going to run the scheduled HD episodes of Lost late.

Could this mean NO MORE GUTHY RENKER?? Oh we can only dream. Oh how much I hate and want to hurt that organisation :lol:

As someone else pointed out, the "7 HD" watermark is being triggered on and off in time with the watermark over on the SD channel.

This is very much a test run, and also perhaps explains the HD channel being turned off almost every night last week until just before Sunrise. I wondered at the time if their techs were beavering away on something...

Seven (and Ten and Nine when they get there) needs to realise, though, that I and many, many others only have the HD channels in our favourites list because of the simulcasting. I don't bother with the SD channels, I have a 1080p display. So any changes like this and suddenly it's like programming has completely vanished. If I wasn't a regular visitor here I would have been scratching my head in puzzlement :)

As someone else pointed out, the "7 HD" watermark is being triggered on and off in time with the watermark over on the SD channel.
It was nice having the watermark disappear during some of the beautiful shots in the fantasy sequence at the end :)

Yes, lots of work to do, but a VERY nice test run indeed.

pity they aren't flagging interlaced and non-interlaced content properly. whats the point of a 1080i channel when 25p material shown on the channel is deinterlaced due to incorrect flagging.

pity they aren't flagging interlaced and non-interlaced content properly.
Just like most PAL DVDs! Keeping the tradition alive ;)

In the US they have different HD and SD channel content, we were only unique in having legislation requiring simulcasting in Analogue, SD, & HD.

Do they really? I always thought they went straight to HD.

I was under the impression the backup system in Epping wasn't HD capable

The Backup system moved out of Epping a little under a year ago now.

It now resides at Martin Place.

All that is left at Epping is Home and Away/ All Saints/ and what is left of the Program Library and Production Videotape.

I don't think they even use the satellite dish out there anymore?

Hopefully the programming will be listed in an easily available guide, otherwise not a lot of people will be watching!

at least if not a lot of people are watching and it stuffs up not a lot of people will whinge

Edited by Crowley

bit confuse here?! :wacko:

so is this a new channel??? or still ch 70??

or are they doing or starting to do multicasting at certain times where 70 shows different than 7??

confuse here! :wacko:

bit confuse here?! :wacko: so is this a new channel??? or still ch 70??or are they doing or arting to do multicasting at certain times where 70 shows different than 7?? confuse here! :wacko:
Suggest reading some of the threads about the multi channeling in HD Nando. Its been well discussed for some time now. As you surmise, the commercial channels are begining to use their existing HD channel to broadcast something different than what's on the SD. This will eventually happen about 50 hours a week and will mostly be out of prime time.

This movie was obviously a first big test run of the process.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

They're saying "NEXT: LOST" so I presume they're going to run the scheduled HD episodes of Lost late.

Could this mean NO MORE GUTHY RENKER?? Oh we can only dream. Oh how much I hate and want to hurt that organisation :lol:

This is very much a test run, and also perhaps explains the HD channel being turned off almost every night last week until just before Sunrise. I wondered at the time if their techs were beavering away on something...

Seven (and Ten and Nine when they get there) needs to realise, though, that I and many, many others only have the HD channels in our favourites list because of the simulcasting. I don't bother with the SD channels, I have a 1080p display. So any changes like this and suddenly it's like programming has completely vanished. If I wasn't a regular visitor here I would have been scratching my head in puzzlement :)

Tell me about it, I just taught my parents to use 12,70,90, etc. on their set, then last night I get a call telling me 70 goes to the wrong channel.

Hope they promote it well when they go full time as they need to teach people what is going on.

Edited by SDL