Sign in to follow this  
digitalj

7 Hd Multichannel Has Started

Advertised in Brisbane as well. I saw the ad and went searching, nothing anywhere about this!!

How are they meant to attract viewers with only an hours notice?

labratqld

Can only assume they kept it quiet so as not to tip off the competition. Attract viewers by word of mouth perhaps, I mean we started spreading the word quick enough.

Sounds like they're trying to jump the gun on Ten and Nine so they can brag about being "first".

Not a good idea, Seven - you'll annoy those wanting Boston Legal in HD (repeat though it is) and confuse people who don't know what's going on and don't see the programming changes in the guide.

I would hope that networks think carefully about how they schedule these extra HD channels. Removing HD runs of prime-time shows, leaving them SD-only, would NOT be a welcome thing at all.

I wonder if HD STB Sales will skyrocket tomorrow after this tonight?

It's definitely 7 in '07 ;)

Looks like they wanted to be the first regardless. Thanks for the confirmation about differing states, it just confirms this is a bad idea to me. Why take off HD programs to put a movie on? I actually just got asked if I could record the film later tonight which unfortunately I can't since it is HD only. I am not too sure this is a good thing any more.

I guess my Toppy 7000 pvr will pay for itself now :)

Bazzle

I saw the add on 7hd tonight here in melb tonight also.

So is this on 70 or do they now have an extra channel, I'm confused :wacko:

Cheers,

Karen

Thanks for the refresher, Trigg.

So ... let me get this straight - Seven are dropping regular HD programming to screen a movie in HD, starting at 10:30pm.

In other words, they are dropping watched shows in the hopes that people record a replacement movie.

Seven ... you've only got yourselves to blame...®

For all we know this mighty be just a one time thing to get people alerted to the fact they have started Multi channeling and they will schedual accordingly there after

For all we know this mighty be just a one time thing to get people alerted to the fact they have started Multi channeling and they will schedual accordingly there after

i agree, such a small build up suggests a dry run, if it all goes legs up its not such a big deal.

How come so many of you were watching ads live on Seven to notice anyway? Without this thread I'd have never known. I thought everyone here belonged to one of the four main DTV Forum camps:

A. I record my TV shows on my PVR/DVD Recorder/VCR and watch later so I can skip the ads.

B. I download my TV so I don't have to watch ads and can infuriate my work colleagues by spoiling the ending of their favourite programs.

C. I only watch ABC and read books. I used to watch SBS, but now they have ads and I have principles!

D. I'm far too busy arguing whether HD-DVD or Blu-Ray is the spawn of the devil to actually watch anything.

PQ is sh!t. Very grainy.

Sound is 5.1

Cheers,

Karen