7 Hd Multichannel Has Started

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For all we know this mighty be just a one time thing to get people alerted to the fact they have started Multi channeling and they will schedual accordingly there after

i agree, such a small build up suggests a dry run, if it all goes legs up its not such a big deal.

How come so many of you were watching ads live on Seven to notice anyway? Without this thread I'd have never known. I thought everyone here belonged to one of the four main DTV Forum camps:

A. I record my TV shows on my PVR/DVD Recorder/VCR and watch later so I can skip the ads.

B. I download my TV so I don't have to watch ads and can infuriate my work colleagues by spoiling the ending of their favourite programs.

C. I only watch ABC and read books. I used to watch SBS, but now they have ads and I have principles!

D. I'm far too busy arguing whether HD-DVD or Blu-Ray is the spawn of the devil to actually watch anything.

I'm finding the PQ to be quite good of the 25th hour. Flciking back and forth to the SD channel notes a marked difference. I only realised ch 7 was doing a diff broadcast when a mate sms'd me lol'ing at Boston Legal, I was watching the HD channel and just assumed they had f'd up the now/next :)

Definately intentional grain. The PQ is crystal clear otherwise.

Edited by davep

I'm finding the PQ to be quite good of the 25th hour. Flciking back and forth to the SD channel notes a marked difference. I only realised ch 7 was doing a diff broadcast when a mate sms'd me lol'ing at Boston Legal, I was watching the HD channel and just assumed they had f'd up the now/next :)

Definately intentional grain. The PQ is crystal clear otherwise.

its growing on me, looked awful at first

It is coming through as 2 channel for me (shows 5.1 on tuner) and Seven are using the Today Tonight woman after the ad break to say it has "never looked so good". Yeah, shame the actual HD content that should be on instead doesn't look the same.

Heaps of Spike Lee movies are grainy... I think the picture quality is quite good for Channel 7 actually...

At least the sound is correct at 5.1... I have been tired of watching shows in 7SD due to the sound being flagged incorrectly on 7HD.

Seems it is flagged 5.1, yet still 2 channel... ARGH!

Edited by MeWhoElse

I hope Ch 7 bother to correctly display the EPG data for the HD channel. Even their website doesn't have details about programming.

My scheduled recording of Boston Legal on the HD channel has now been screwed up thanks to this change.

What's up with the station watermark? On and off for no reason - at least the ads are SHORT!

um guys, not to blow anyone up in my first post but it's not 5.1...

Just like NBC, they've switched HD to DD for all programming. But when it's only stereo (DD 2.0), they're stuffing up & wrapping it in 5.1 = stereo only, and no dolby surround metadata. Also volume same for ads.

If they were doing i properly it would be fantastic but it's been a mess. I've noticed ten only drops the volume for ads during 5.1 , the rest of the time (dolby surround) they're at the same level, shocker. So far only nine has been doing it right sadly.

By the way hello. :rolleyes: