7 Hd Multichannel Has Started

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dig,that was bloody quick.We just saw it ourselves.They got the jump on 10.About bloody time,was this advertised on SD? i wonder.

Paul

Yes, I saw it on SD!

EDIT: The Computer and SD STB are 2m apart! Explaining why I was quick.

1 second I didn't feel like getting up, next I had all the energy in the world.

Interesting, is this a Sydney only thing since Melbourne has scheduled Criminal Minds, Boston Legal and In Case of Emergency - all of which are in HD. I hope they don't take of HD shows to do a HD only something else.

A Member on Knowfirst who is from Melbourne also saw the ad, so it's at least Sydney and Melbourne.

Interesting, is this a Sydney only thing since Melbourne has scheduled Criminal Minds, Boston Legal and In Case of Emergency - all of which are in HD. I hope they don't take of HD shows to do a HD only something else.

Was advertised in Melbourne as well.

Edited by JB Melb

Looks like they wanted to be the first regardless. Thanks for the confirmation about differing states, it just confirms this is a bad idea to me. Why take off HD programs to put a movie on? I actually just got asked if I could record the film later tonight which unfortunately I can't since it is HD only. I am not too sure this is a good thing any more.

Advertised in Brisbane as well. I saw the ad and went searching, nothing anywhere about this!!

How are they meant to attract viewers with only an hours notice?

labratqld

Can only assume they kept it quiet so as not to tip off the competition. Attract viewers by word of mouth perhaps, I mean we started spreading the word quick enough.

Sounds like they're trying to jump the gun on Ten and Nine so they can brag about being "first".

Not a good idea, Seven - you'll annoy those wanting Boston Legal in HD (repeat though it is) and confuse people who don't know what's going on and don't see the programming changes in the guide.

I would hope that networks think carefully about how they schedule these extra HD channels. Removing HD runs of prime-time shows, leaving them SD-only, would NOT be a welcome thing at all.

Looks like they wanted to be the first regardless. Thanks for the confirmation about differing states, it just confirms this is a bad idea to me. Why take off HD programs to put a movie on? I actually just got asked if I could record the film later tonight which unfortunately I can't since it is HD only. I am not too sure this is a good thing any more.

I guess my Toppy 7000 pvr will pay for itself now :)

Bazzle