Sign in to follow this  
dvader

Confirmed Pioneer Kuro 8th Gen Rrp And Best Price Thread.

Gentlemen, start your engines! As of tomorrow morning the Pioneer LX series plasmas will be available for purchase AND delivery! I don't have any further info at this time but will have more Monday morning.

PDP-LX508 RRP $7999

PDP-LX608 RRP $11,999

Just spoke to Pioneer, LX will not be available until Mid Nov. Some stores may take orders but they still wont be delivered until the launch date in Nov. Where did you get your info from?

Wouldn't setting up multiple profiles be just plain shonky???? you said so yourself on page 25 of the Group Buy thread !!!!!

The person who replied was not grug. It was another authorised member from the group buy answering the question. Grug is too busy to be posting to the same question that gets repeated over and over.

Yes i totally agree that setting up multiple profiles is shonky. Isnt that right Mainframe, oh I mean flashman. ;)

Edited by The D-train

It's good to see you haven't lost your sense of humour.......

The person who replied was not grug. It was another authorised member from the group buy answering the question. Grug is too busy to be posting to the same question that gets repeated over and over.

Yes i totally agree that setting up multiple profiles is shonky. Isnt that right Mainframe, oh I mean flashman. ;)

Any LX508 GB's (Grug, Shoddy, Shady, Shonky anyone), count me in, I WANT ONE B4 XMAS !!!

If we get them at $6k or a touch over I'll be over the moon.

Any LX508 GB's (Grug, Shoddy, Shady, Shonky anyone), count me in, I WANT ONE B4 XMAS !!!

If we get them at $6k or a touch over I'll be over the moon.

I'm up for that as well!

It's good to see you haven't lost your sense of humour.......

With a 60" LX pending, i'm all smiles. :D

JB Hi-fi in Canberra Centre have 508XDA on display, fed via bluray, pretty good setup but in too bright an area.

ticket price $51xx, dude says Mid-Nov for LX.

Edited by Dinsdale

Hi All,

I'm new to the forum. I just bought a 508XDA from JB in Elizabeth St. Ticket price was 51xx and i got mine for 47xx.

I'm looking forward to putting this baby through it's paces!

You change yr name GruG?

I am a group buy member; was just trying to be helpful, in the spirit of the internet and all that.

Me too!

Me Three?

Someone give me the extra dosh for a 60" and it'd be me four!

Another Monday gone and still no confirmed LX pricing....

Another Monday gone and still no confirmed LX pricing....

Which makes you wonder what in the hell are they up to......! lets face it there would be many people like myself that are ready to buy a DISPLAY some may loose their patience and jump ship :huh:

cheers laurie

So do we have a general agreement on 508XDA or impending LX models on best price we SHOULD be able to get. It seems to be around 75% of RRP. Comments ?

Dunno, its all a mystery until the LX (and their prices) hit the shelves for real. My advice is of course dont accept the ticket price and haggle for all you're worth!

Also, a mate in the retail industry tells me Tuesdays seem to be the best day to haggle as sales are always low, they are keen to get something on the books.

Which makes you wonder what in the hell are they up to......! lets face it there would be many people like myself that are ready to buy a DISPLAY some may loose their patience and jump ship :huh:

cheers laurie

The only thing is laurie, it would be like jumping off a luxury yacht into a rubber dingy. ;)

David Jones have the 508XDA for "great" price of $5499 but give you a 15% of price gift card. Good if you intended upgrading your DVD recorder or buying a blu-ray player at the same time. Equates to a $4674 price alone.

Tony

Edited bad substraction

Edited by Peacekeeper

David Jones have the 508XDA for "great" price of $5499 but give you a 15% of price gift card. Good if you intended upgrading your DVD recorder or buying a blu-ray player at the same time. Equates to a $4274 price alone.

Tony

That's a great deal and they are also offering 4yrs interest free.

David Jones have the 508XDA for "great" price of $5499 but give you a 15% of price gift card. Good if you intended upgrading your DVD recorder or buying a blu-ray player at the same time. Equates to a $4274 price alone.

Tony

Sorry to be a stickler - but 15% off $5,499 is $4,674 by my count

Sorry to be a stickler - but 15% off $5,499 is $4,674 by my count

Doh knew I should have used a calculator. Sorry Though if you argued the price down to even $5100 then things would be interesting.

Fixed post

Edited by Peacekeeper

Doh knew I should have used a calculator. Sorry

Fixed post

Still a great deal and remember use the 4yr interest free and keep your $5000 in the bank earning interest or in your home loan reducing interest and you'll end up making more savings.

A typical home loan at 7.5% will save you $375 a year in interest payments by leaving the money on the loan.

I realise you'll probably still have to make monthly payments but over the 4yr deal you'll still save a heap.

Edited by chrissyoscar

Doh knew I should have used a calculator. Sorry

Fixed post

No worries - I saw the $4,274 figure and got a bit excited. The lesson as always - if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is!

No worries - I saw the $4,274 figure and got a bit excited. The lesson as always - if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is!

Added a comment to my post It maybe possible to argue/haggle the price down somewhat and still get the deal.