Sign in to follow this  
dvader

Confirmed Pioneer Kuro 8th Gen Rrp And Best Price Thread.

Actually, $4400 in one of the big smokes, especially Sydney or Melbourne, wouldn't surprise me. The best offer I got, $4699, was on the Sunshine Coast in Qld. Maybe the lady would have gone lower. I didn't push it cos I knew I wasn't going to buy then and there.

I have said this before. In the US the street price is well under $US 3k. In Canada it's $C 3.2-3.3K The Aussie is again over $US 0.90. I have definitely decided to wait for the LX, and will probably wait until the New Year. I am also definitely going to get the 508XD, it's just a question of when.

If, as somebody posted here, the RRP comes down to $4999, the street price will swiftly dip below $4k. Given the US and Canadian prices - and don't forget the 1080p panels have been released there - that's a reasonable price. The bumpf about shipping costs simply doesn't hold water anymore in Australia. And there are too many people who are well aware of overseas - especially North American - street prices and see no viable reason why they should have to pay an inordinate premium just because they're Aussies.

Actually, $4400 in one of the big smokes, especially Sydney or Melbourne, wouldn't surprise me.

Yeah agreed. I wasnt questioning the integrity of these members in regards to the price they stated, just the reluctance to post receipts. After conversing with one of these members i understand the reasons for not posting. :)

If, as somebody posted here, the RRP comes down to $4999, the street price will swiftly dip below $4k. Given the US and Canadian prices - and don't forget the 1080p panels have been released there - that's a reasonable price.

Can you confirm that, JB Hifi for example, has a buy price that is dynamic? I would understand maybe mid-product run to push stock but not month by month due to the aussie dollar. Doesnt JB Hifi purchase the panels from Pioneer Australia whom would just ship them from Japan (guessing)? Lets say JB Hifi orders 10000 508XDA's Australia wide for $xxxx. They would want to sell the panels at that cost price. I dont think a RRP drop would mean sub $4k sale prices as 90% of consumers still pay RRP or very close to. It would just be a way to entice said buyers.

Im just guessing really.. im left retail many moons ago.

Edited by xdZ

the fluctuation of the dollar makes no difference on a day to day or even week to week basis...

the company(ie pioneer) sets a price, and until a new price is negotiated(wether based on drop of rrp, new order for large quantity etc) and floor cost etc does not change....

stores get price protection on stock on hand so hypothetically if i ordered 1000 panels today and then next week the dropped 100 bucks each in cost, i would be reimbursed the 100 per panel for whatever stock i had on hand at the time.....

Yeah agreed. I wasnt questioning the integrity of these members in regards to the price they stated, just the reluctance to post receipts. After conversing with one of these members i understand the reasons for not posting. :)

For my benefit, could someone please enlighten me as to what reason people would have for not posting their scanned receipts. If their details are blacked out there is absolutely nothing to fear as far as I can tell. It won't jeopardise their warranty. Not having a go....just don't understand.

Cheers

For my benefit, could someone please enlighten me as to what reason people would have for not posting their scanned receipts. If their details are blacked out there is absolutely nothing to fear as far as I can tell. It won't jeopardise their warranty. Not having a go....just don't understand.

Cheers

Could be because a mate or family member got them a great price or they work in the industry with contacts and can't take the chance it gets back to them.

Surely with all of these fantastic prices cost price is lower than the original expectation.... I'm wondering what people are getting the 42" for.

I would like to know too.

I am after the 428XDA, has anyone got one?

$3800 is the quote i was given. Not much movement on the 42".

Why is that?

prolly due to the fact the cost between the 42 and 50 isnt that huge, and if people are wanting the superior picture they usually in my experience almost always are looking at a 50"

prolly due to the fact the cost between the 42 and 50 isnt that huge, and if people are wanting the superior picture they usually in my experience almost always are looking at a 50"

I didn't think there is a PQ difference between the 428 and 508XDA. I only want the 42 for the bedroom, I think a 50" will be too big.

I guess most people will want a 50"as their main viewing unit. I am still using a 29" CRT, a plasma would not survive too long around my two year old.

My 50" is going in my bedroom. With the bed (2m) + gap to wall (1m) being ideal (opinion) viewing distance for the size.

My 50" is going in my bedroom. With the bed (2m) + gap to wall (1m) being ideal (opinion) viewing distance for the size.

I am paying $4653 for my 50" if anyone is interested message me and i will see if they will do the same deal for others (its a trade contact i have but i am sure they will do the same deal).

I ordered mine mid last week, its getting installed this friday!! not bad since i was told up to 3 weeks wait.

Hi,

Does anyone know when the Pioneer 608's are coming out and what sort of price both versions are going to be. I just missed out on the group buy so now I am tossing up waiting for them or buying the new Samsung 1080p 63 inch. I know I can get the Samsung for under 9 grand with 5 year warranty pretty easily. I understand the Kuro LX's are better blacks but they are saying the 608 LX's are going to be 12 grand or so. I have a dedicated light controlled theatre room and will be using the plasma for FTA. Austar and blue ray movies. This should mean that the picture quality on the Samsung will look pretty good with no external light. I would be sitting about 3.5 to 4. metres away and the room is 4.5W x 6.5L .I really would prefer to have full 1920 x 1080 1080p resolution as I think this makes it more future proof. The Samsung does seem to be a bit of a bargain. Is this the way to go?

I intend to keep whichever one I get for over 5 years. Any advice would be appreciated.

Gordon

Hi,

I can get 428XDA & 508XDA for a significant discount through a trade contact. If anyone is interested (and serious) then PM me for price etc. We will need to get at least 5 orders (confirmed please, no time wasters) to make it worthwhile.....

Regards

Saw the Kuro at JB Hi-fi (Chermside/Brisbane) today with a sticker price of $4797.

Saw the Kuro at JB Hi-fi (Chermside/Brisbane) today with a sticker price of $4797.

Price is already dropping

Hi,

I can get 428XDA & 508XDA for a significant discount through a trade contact. If anyone is interested (and serious) then PM me for price etc. We will need to get at least 5 orders (confirmed please, no time wasters) to make it worthwhile.....

Regards

Hi Flashman,

I tried to PM but for some reason I'm not allowed (no posts maybe?).

Anyway, I'm interested in a GB if the price is right.

Hi Flashman,

I tried to PM but for some reason I'm not allowed (no posts maybe?).

Anyway, I'm interested in a GB if the price is right.

Sorry! You need 5 posts to PM

Ah... nothing like encouraging spurious posts!