Sign in to follow this  
dvader

Confirmed Pioneer Kuro 8th Gen Rrp And Best Price Thread.

Thanks guys,

Exactly the information I was after....What pricks!

I will go in on thursday and get what I'm entitled to.

Cheers

Sam

Edited by shankman

Thanks guys,

Exactly the information I was after....What pricks!

I will go in on thursday and get what I'm entitled to.

Cheers

Sam

Yes, ask them to show you the big Pioneer Kuro brochure - the black one with a big eye that spreads out to a 50" TV.

It mentions free delivery and installation, 5-year Pioneer warranty, speakers, choice of stand or wall mount, free loan TV if your TV has to be taken away for service, 6-day toll free support, etc.

IMHO, all those prices are not price drop essentially. That's the correct price of Kuro should be, as those are the prices in USA and Japan since launch... as far as I know, there is no price drop in USA for these Kuro. After all, why they drop the price if they are have no problem selling those TV?

Just for info, 60" Kuro that most of us buy through group buy are being made in October this year, and some of us here already have it in their home early November. It means that they even need to be airfreighted to meet demand...

As always, Pio Australia and all other distribution company here try to milk consumer pocket as hard as they can, and lining up their pocket with huge dollar. The management probably feel the pressure to drop the price just to make their target sales in Australia and justify their yearly bonuses...

For example, Kuro 60" cost AU$9000 throughout Japan everywhere, including big department store (1:100 exchange ratio). Yet they sell it here for heaps more, AU$12000 RRP and with their "regular deceiving discount" of 10% it only drops to AU$10800. Still a lot more expensive than Japan.

This not to mention that Japan and USA version have ethernet connection for DNA and they strip this feature off for European and Australian version, two of the market that pay a lot more for these TV...

Edited by ben1680

best price over the phone for the Lx508A I have is $6250, myer have them at $6499.

will try again after the chrissy break as i don't need mine till the end of Jan, some good deals to be had on the 508XDA at around $4400

hey Thundabot, where did you get the $4,400 quoted? cheapest I have seen is USL for $4,500 in Sydney. Which seems to be the price Myer will have with the 10% of TVs sale.

hey Thundabot, where did you get the $4,400 quoted? cheapest I have seen is USL for $4,500 in Sydney. Which seems to be the price Myer will have with the 10% of TVs sale.

Digital Center in Melbourne is selling the 508XDA for $4485. But it's possible to purchase it for less than that price because of their rebate. Check out their web site below. I called them last week and spoke to a helpful sales person. I suggest you call them.

http://www.digitalcenter.com.au/p/390079/p...uro-plasma.html

I'm not sure about the correlation between bigger % price drop and size of TV.

I thought the bigger the screen, the more expensive it would be to build them as fewer TVs would be built.

Yes its correct that there are less built of the 608s, which means you dont get the scale economies of the 508s.

BUT, there would be alot of common parts to the two panels. Who knows, it may be over 70% (maybe someone can shed light on this from their experience with plasma display sizes).

Therefore, I would bet my bottom dollar that the 608 does not cost 50% more to make than the 508. Pioneer would have more profit dollars (not neccessarily margin) on the 608.

Yes, ask them to show you the big Pioneer Kuro brochure - the black one with a big eye that spreads out to a 50" TV.

It mentions free delivery and installation, 5-year Pioneer warranty, speakers, choice of stand or wall mount, free loan TV if your TV has to be taken away for service, 6-day toll free support, etc.

Guys I just got off the phone to Myer,

I just needed to get some clarification, I think I might have had my wires crossed with BingLee.

The Pio LX comes standard with a pedestal stand and builtin speakers , says the Myers guy.

The additional attachable side speakers and stand which are listed as optional extras in the LX catalogue : http://pioneerlx.com.au/assets/pdf/pioneerLX-tv-specs.pdf is what BingLee is charging me extra for.

Weird thing is the guy at BingLee pointed to the standard speakers and stand when I asked what the optional extras looked like.

Now I'm going to try and find what the optional extras look like.

EDIT :

Just got off the phone to Pio, and the stand and speakers that come with it are the same ones listed as optional on the specs sheet.

Conclusion : BingLee are trying to pull one over me.

Edited by shankman

Guys I just got off the phone to Myer,

I just needed to get some clarification, I think I might have had my wires crossed with BingLee.

The Pio LX comes standard with a pedestal stand and builtin speakers , says the Myers guy.

The additional attachable side speakers and stand which are listed as optional extras in the LX catalogue : http://pioneerlx.com.au/assets/pdf/pioneerLX-tv-specs.pdf is what BingLee is charging me extra for.

Weird thing is the guy at BingLee pointed to the standard speakers and stand when I asked what the optional extras looked like.

Now I'm going to try and find what the optional extras look like.

EDIT :

Just got off the phone to Pio, and the stand and speakers that come with it are the same ones listed as optional on the specs sheet.

Conclusion : BingLee are trying to pull one over me.

Shanky, unfortunately the Bing Lee salesman may have been a newby or unexperienced (or shifty). And PIO is also confussing the issue. eg, the panel alone has a separate product number, then the stand or the wall unit, and the speakers, everything after the panel becomes optional, yet they are sold as a bundle.

However the delivery and the 5yrs warranty is standard, you dont pay for it (it is build in the price).

Edited by dlpnut

Conclusion : BingLee are trying to pull one over me

No wonder they sponsor Sydney FC...

Seems like Perth is always the last on the bandwagon of price drops, i'm still getting prices of $7999 from harvey norman, got one store to commit to $6999 but nothing like the $5800 that has been quoted from some of the stores over east

Ive got just over $4100 for the 50inch Kuro.

put a deposit down on it. comes in 2 weeks.

looking forward to it.

looking forward to it.

Well done.

Your price for the 508XDA with the HDMI cables thrown in is the best.

Could you please update the wiki page?

http://hdtvprices.pbwiki.com/

Seems like Perth is always the last on the bandwagon of price drops, i'm still getting prices of $7999 from harvey norman, got one store to commit to $6999 but nothing like the $5800 that has been quoted from some of the stores over east

I guess that's the price WA folks have to pay for having too many pioneers digging in the ground.

whats the password to edit the wiki page?

also got a quote of $5300 for 52" XBR sony bravia.. seems to be one of the best as well. I suppose being in sales and going in with the no bullshit approach is best.

So many people were asking dumb ass questions on boxing day - you could see the sales guys brains frying - i think they appreciate the - " i want the so and so model and this is the price ive got.. i always quote a hundred or two less than i was last given and they quickly say whether they can or cant match or beat it.

whats the password to edit the wiki page?

also got a quote of $5300 for 52" XBR sony bravia.. seems to be one of the best as well. I suppose being in sales and going in with the no bullshit approach is best.

So many people were asking dumb ass questions on boxing day - you could see the sales guys brains frying - i think they appreciate the - " i want the so and so model and this is the price ive got.. i always quote a hundred or two less than i was last given and they quickly say whether they can or cant match or beat it.

HDTV prices wiki was started by ThePump.

ThePump

View Member Profile

Add as Friend

Send Message

Find Member's Topics

Find Member's Posts Nov 29 2007, 11:29 AM Post #126

DTV Forums Member

Group: Member

Member No.: 10,108

Just a reminder to anyone that may have missed it, the wiki is located at http://hdtvprices.pbwiki.com/ and all DTVForum members have access to add the latest and best prices to the wiki. The password to edit the wiki is "dtv".

This post has been edited by ThePump: Nov 29 2007, 11:30 AM

looking forward to it.

i just copped one too, no frills - HN Knox for 4100 on amex. Happy with that

2 wks balboa? has pioneer called u already? wow thats a fair wait, understandable coz of holidays..guy in shop estimated a minimum of 5 days. Damn...i start work by then already..

Well I went back to BingLee today,

And even though I was given a price of $5950 no the 21st, I was able to renegotiate $5750 today.

I had to chuck a bit of stink and crap on about not being happy blah blah, but in the end they honoured the $5750 JB Hifi had quoted me.

Its a shame I have to buy from BingLee as this is a replacement set for my second cloudy Sony 52X3100, I personally think that BingLee and other places can do it for around the $5600 mark now.

EDIT : this was for an LX508

Edited by shankman