Confirmed Pioneer Kuro 8th Gen Rrp And Best Price Thread.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pioneer has launched some amazing new technology with their 8th Gen. Kuro Plasmas... only problem is some people are finding them a teensy bit expensive.

Here we are going to track the Launch prices and see what sort of deals people are able to achieve.

Feel free to post scans of your receipts to help everyone get the best price.

Launch RRP:

PDP-428XDA - RRP $4,699

PDP-508XDA - RRP $5,699

PDP-LX508 - RRP $8,499 (estimated - see http://www.cnet.com.au/tvs/plasma/0,239035...9282238,00.htm)

PDP-LX608 - RRP $11,999.00 (estimated - see http://www.cnet.com.au/tvs/plasma/0,239035...9282250,00.htm)

Yes - we know these prices are high, but I like to think of them as just a starting point for negotiation ;)

How low have you got them and where did you get them from? Post away...

Myers $4400......just under the $4480 and $4495 quoted by others at HN and Rick Lees.

Sitting back and waiting for Pioneer to get dragged along to a more affordable level by the ongoing Sony vs Panasonic war.

Edited by superted

Up here in Noosa I was quoted $5k from HN and a specialty shop (Fi). They both got the 508XD in today. No haggling whatsoever on my part, but Noosa is well known as a "high price" shire. The assumption is that everyone who lives here is LOADED. Some are, most aren't.

What I'd like to see is prices that people actually achieved in BUYING the panel.

Myers $4400......just under the $4480 and $4495 quoted by others at HN and Rick Lees.

Sitting back and waiting for Pioneer to get dragged along to a more affordable level by the ongoing Sony vs Panasonic war.

Did myers require another written quote to offer that, mine would not even talk to lower to that area without one.

A model number would help :ph34r:

Sounds like they quoted you on the 507

• Moderators
I'm assuming either the 428 or the 507. A 508XD for <$4.5K. Good luck to anybody who can actually GET that price now on a single panel deal. After the 1080p sets hit it might be a different story.

I agree, saw someone say $3.5k for a kuro someplace else. dreaming at this point I think.

Confirmed $4780 from Myer City Melbourne 508. Want to see my receipt :)

And if you use a Myer One card, you get enough points for a $100 gift card. Handy that. So, for me that's like $4680 as I often shop there I will just use the $100 instead of a card next time anyway.

Get delivery next Monday (took exactly 1 week from order placement to confirmed delivery with Pio. installer).

I'm assuming either the 428 or the 507. A 508XD for <$4.5K. Good luck to anybody who can actually GET that price now on a single panel deal. After the 1080p sets hit it might be a different story.

Agreed that is why I asked for confirmation I would be at Myers tomorrow at that price :wacko: The $4780 of Tom's above was more in the line I would expect.

Edited by Peacekeeper
No the 508XDA (the 507 next to it was marked $4000)...but im sure some people in this forum wouldve probably paid the $4400 and taken the 507 if quoted above the sticker price.

Good job! Did you have to haggle much? Which Myer?

Just paid $4400 for my 508XDA from Myers. Hopefully doesnt take too long to turn up.

Is that for the 42 inch 428xda / or the 50 inch 508xda?

And if it is the 50 inch - well done!! ;) Any chance you could post a scan of the receipt?;)

Edited by brisvegas1

And if it is the 50 inch - well done!! ;) Any chance you could post a scan of the receipt?;)

ditto. wouldn't mind a post of the receipt if it's the 508.

thks

Second that (er third that), oh smudge out your private details of course. If your can, which Myers as well will assist also . The extra $100 on the my Myers One card makes this a good buy. Did you buy anything extra such as a blue ray player etc to help get this price?

Edited by Peacekeeper
Just paid $4400 for my 508XDA from Myers. Hopefully doesnt take too long to turn up.

Thats incredible. Didn't expect pricing like this <2weeks after launch. well done!

I think your reciept is going to be much sought after. I'd like to see it too please. And from which Myers as well?

At the Dockers sale (October 4th) in Perth the price for the 508 was cost plus 5%, which came out at $4,750.

Of course cost price can vary from store to store depending on sales volume.

i was at the launch of the kuro at GBI (wholesaler) for pioneer and it was compared side by side to the 7th gen pioneer, panasonic th42px70a, sony lcd

on the up side it had true blacks and colour depth was amazing

but on the down side it was as sharp as a bowling ball

the lcd looked sharper hahahahahaha heres a first! :blink:

Mars.... needs.... women Scans of receipts!!! (if you are confused by this reference - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0060672/)

Come on - don't tease - post your receipt.

Why do you all need a receipts? If you are serious about buying then take that amount in cash and wave it under the nose of you local Pio retailer and say: "If you can match this price here's the cash". Don't don't haggle any further (up or down) and don't blink!

If you are posting scans of receipts ensure to remove any reference to Credit Cards and personal details.

My Myers guy would not talk any low price without a signed quote from a competitor, so asking for a scan of the receipt is proof and an assistance we all are not brave enough to carry $4000 on us :mellow: .