Confirmed Pioneer Kuro 8th Gen Rrp And Best Price Thread.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is not a price drop-it's a price crash !!

i cant believe what these LX Kuros are going for (shakes head)

at this rate they'll be $4k come february

not sure if its a case of Pio passing on the rise of the aussie dollar OR Pio slashing prices to compete

Not that they need to panic cause there's nothing out there that can compete

I feel sorry for the guys that paid $7999 when they first came out :(

this is not a price drop-it's a price crash !!

i cant believe what these LX Kuros are going for (shakes head)

at this rate they'll be $4k come february

not sure if its a case of Pio passing on the rise of the aussie dollar OR Pio slashing prices to compete

Not that they need to panic cause there's nothing out there that can compete

I feel sorry for the guys that paid $7999 when they first came out :(

IMO, Pioneer has to slash prices to compete.

The Sony XBR/X/W LCDs are selling really well since Friday with the free PS3.

The Panasonic PZ took off when the RRPs were slashed shortly after the TV was released.

IMO, Pioneer has to slash prices to compete.

The Sony XBR/X/W LCDs are selling really well since Friday with the free PS3.

The Panasonic PZ took off when the RRPs were slashed shortly after the TV was released.

this is true coz i know i was seriously looking at the sonys against the pio especially with the free ps3 as i'm going to get one anyway

Don't think it was the dollar because it's Japanese and it's the USD that has weakened against us, not us getting heaps stronger against the rest of the world.

There must be like a 200% mark up where they get to gouge videophiles at launch.

Well...6 months ago Panasonics 65' screen had an RRP of 18k and it's available for 10k now. Plenty of fat in that price...

yeah I'll be ringing a few stores in perth very soon to suss this out coz i'll definately upgrade to the LX508 for these prices.

and yeah williamtassone i ruled out the sony in favour of the kuros

Likewise here...I was thinking the bravia x 52", but looks like the lx will be the one. I'm also in Perth and be interested to hear how you go.

best price over the phone for the Lx508A I have is $6250, myer have them at $6499.

will try again after the chrissy break as i don't need mine till the end of Jan, some good deals to be had on the 508XDA at around $4400

For the LX508A, I got a best price of $5700 from USL Home Entertainment.

For the LX508A, I got a best price of $5700 from USL Home Entertainment.

When I was getting prices from BingLee they were quoting two prices, one with stand\speakers and one without.

Any idea if the price that you got was with or without?

Its weird cause the Pio site makes no mention of the option to have or not have speakers and stand.

BL was saying with speakers+Stand its an extra ~ $600

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Sam

Is there also a new RRP for the LX-608A?

USL is only listing them at $10,999 which is less than 10% drop. The LX508 is a drop of 25% (or 28% for the guy who was quoted $5700 from USL)

I would have thought that the bigger tv has a bigger percentage price drop, as there would be more profit dollars than the LX508

I reckon within 2 months you will be able to get the LX608 for $7999

When I was getting prices from BingLee they were quoting two prices, one with stand\speakers and one without.

Its weird cause the Pio site makes no mention of the option to have or not have speakers and stand.

Sam

Have a look at Pioneer's website for the LX508A under "Additional Information".

I've quoted the appropriate section below.

"Delivery Included

At a prearranged time convenient to you, we’ll deliver your new plasma display to your door, fully insured. Your plasma display will be delivered complete with high quality speaker and your choice of table-top stand or wall bracket."

Edited by nova

USL is only listing them at $10,999 which is less than 10% drop. The LX508 is a drop of 25% (or 28% for the guy who was quoted $5700 from USL)

I would have thought that the bigger tv has a bigger percentage price drop, as there would be more profit dollars than the LX508

I reckon within 2 months you will be able to get the LX608 for $7999

Digital Home Ent in Melbourne has the LX608A listed as $10,450 in their website.

I wasn't keen on it so I didn't enquire about it from USL.

I'm not sure about the correlation between bigger % price drop and size of TV.

I thought the bigger the screen, the more expensive it would be to build them as fewer TVs would be built.

Have a look at Pioneer's website for the LX508A under "Additional Information".

I've quoted the appropriate section below.

"Delivery Included

At a prearranged time convenient to you, we’ll deliver your new plasma display to your door, fully insured. Your plasma display will be delivered complete with high quality speaker and your choice of table-top stand or wall bracket."

I was under the impression the above only applied if you purchased through their site directly.

BingLee is charging me for delivery, when I said that its free delivery and installation, they said its only if you get it through Pioneer.

Am I being jipped?

I was under the impression the above only applied if you purchased through their site directly.

BingLee is charging me for delivery, when I said that its free delivery and installation, they said its only if you get it through Pioneer.

Am I being jipped?

Yes. Unless it is floor stock that the store owns (rather than on consignment from Pioneer). Pioneer will always do the installation, and speakers and stand (or wall mount) come included.

Unless I've missed something!!

Sam

BS from BingLee to try and sucker more $$$ from you :(

Included in purchase price is delivery, 5 yr Pio warranty, speakers and choice of stand or wall mount. Anyone else advises you differently - it's BS.