Confirmed Pioneer Kuro 8th Gen Rrp And Best Price Thread.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YES i got an offer of 4500 from DJ s bondi junction and agreed to match by HN at caringbah..will quite likely buy one today

And did they offer the 15% DJs gift card as well? that would be = $3875 alone. assumes they give it and you need something for the $675 card.

Ok see answered in negative thought as much.

Edited by Peacekeeper

Doh knew I should have used a calculator. Sorry Though if you argued the price down to even $5100 then things would be interesting.

Fixed post

Went into DJs Chadstone today ... steadfast refused to negotiate on the 5499 if I wanted the 15% gift card. Said if I just wanted the 48 months he could do $5299 (hmmm ... $825 gift card or $200 discount????) and said if I would pay cash, he could do "a lot" better.

Bit of a bummer, I was hoping to talk them down to $5300 or better ($795 gift card would make net cost $4505).

I wanted to go into DJs with some list prices to assist my bargaining: JB had list price of $5196, Myer had list price of $5199, Clive Peeters $5499 and HN $5699. Guy at HN told me on the phone he could do better than $5000 without me even asking.

And the other thing the DJs salesman said which I thought was a bit odd was that there was a 10-15 day wait for installation because Pioneer were out of stands for the unit. Nobody else mentioned that ... has anyone heard that?

Being out of stands sounds odd, you'd think there was one for every telly. Any mention of wall mounting? Does Pio organize that if it is your installation preference?

He asked if I was after the stand (yes) and then told me about the wait. I assume from his comment that wall mounts were OK. He said there was plenty of TVs in stock.

I guess its possible they Pioneer ordered in, say, a 70:30 ratio of stands to wall mounts and 80% of people have bought stands. Or maybe the stands simply haven't arrived with the latest shipment, or perhaps the salesman was full of it and didn't know what he was talking about.

To me it sounds like Pioneer have hedged their bets and only gotten a certain amount of stock for the stands and the wall-mounts (say a 50/50 split), obviously if more people choose stands then they'd run out. Then again it could only be a stock issue with the local Pio installer. Either way i'd have one even if it was mounted on a cardboard box!!

To me it sounds like Pioneer have hedged their bets and only gotten a certain amount of stock for the stands and the wall-mounts (say a 50/50 split), obviously if more people choose stands then they'd run out. Then again it could only be a stock issue with the local Pio installer. Either way i'd have one even if it was mounted on a cardboard box!!

don't forget to register with the NEW pioneer group buy if you're interested in best pricing:

2nd Round Pioneer Group Buy

fyi,

Was in JB HiFi today (Leichhardt, NSW) and funnily enough the Pio rep was there at the same time. Anyway its true that JB will now stock the LX.

Due to stocktake and the recent news\confirmation, it has not appeared on the JB stock system as yet (they reckon another 2-4 weeks).

They did have the Kuro brochures (and poster templates) but all the info is on the XDA models.

I called around other suppliers in the Sydney region and they all reckon 2-3 weeks as well.

It will be an interesting next few weeks. ;)