Confirmed Pioneer Kuro 8th Gen Rrp And Best Price Thread.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My best price so far was from JB Macgregor in Brissie, I told him Myer offer $4680 ($5199- aforementioned 10% off) He said, thats tight for a new model, my cost price is $4580 and offered me $4600. He was a nice guy but there are cheaper prices being floated, so i am still waiting, has anyone got any better in Bris confirmed?

$4600 is a pretty good price. It's only $200 or about 4.5% more than the lowest price I've seen claimed. If you want the TV now, why sweat over less than five percent? I don't know what people's time is worth but it always amazes me how much of it they use trying to shave 2-4 percent off the price of even a "small ticket" item, let alone a pretty expensive Plasma panel.

Too right. if you want the panel. 4600 is a good prrice. If you don't want to pay that, buy a Panasonic.

I agree, if you are serious and want the TV then buy it when a good price is given.

It's been stated already that $4400 is very hard to get and most places wont do it.

I read on another thread of somebody holding of on getting a Panasonic because he wanted it $20 cheaper than the stores cheapest price.

He read that somebody got it cheaper so for $20 he held off.

Trust me it's a bloody fantastic TV and at $4600 that's cheap.

Edited by chrissyoscar

I agree, if you are serious and want the TV then buy it when a good price is given.

It's been stated already that $4400 is very hard to get and most places wont do it.

I read on another thread of somebody holding of on getting a Panasonic because he wanted it $20 cheaper than the stores cheapest price.

He read that somebody got it cheaper so for $20 he held off.

Trust me it's a bloody fantastic TV and at $4600 that's cheap.

Yes but there are those who enjoy the thrill of the chase :D

Gentlemen, start your engines! As of tomorrow morning the Pioneer LX series plasmas will be available for purchase AND delivery! I don't have any further info at this time but will have more Monday morning.

PDP-LX508 RRP $7999

PDP-LX608 RRP $11,999

Edited by Nightbreed

Gentlemen, start your engines! As of tomorrow morning the Pioneer LX series plasmas will be available for purchase AND delivery!

PDP-LX508 RRP $7999

PDP-LX608 RRP $11,999

Interesting. Source?

Also, is there anywhere that has them setup for viewing?

Gentlemen, start your engines! As of tomorrow morning the Pioneer LX series plasmas will be available for purchase AND delivery! I don't have any further info at this time but will have more Monday morning.

PDP-LX508 RRP $7999

PDP-LX608 RRP $11,999

So if we look at the 20 percent or so reduction in the RRP as the street price for the 508XD, then we're looking at:

PDP-LX508 $6400-6500 (about $2k more than the equivalent Panasonic street price)

PDP-LX608 $9600-9800 (ditto - for the 58" HD Panasonic street price)

????????

BTW, RRPs are really a crock, aren't they?

Edited by brumby

those LX price of 6400 and 9600 is still way too high... Assuming same level of discount that flashman offered (24.5%) for 508XDA, this should translate to around $6040 for LX508 and $9060 for LX608...

That $4300 price is a "oncer" on here. The price most people seem to be getting on the 508XD is $4600-4800. A 20 percent reduction on the 508XD RRP of $5699 is $4560