Confirmed Pioneer Kuro 8th Gen Rrp And Best Price Thread.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I can get 428XDA & 508XDA for a significant discount through a trade contact. If anyone is interested (and serious) then PM me for price etc. We will need to get at least 5 orders (confirmed please, no time wasters) to make it worthwhile.....

Regards

Hey flashman, I'll PM you now I have 5 posts. I am interested in the 42XDA (or maybe 50XDA if the bank robbery goes well ;) and live in Melbourne.

You must be nearly there now, eh?

Almost... 2 to go.

(sorry to everyone else out there!)

While I'm here though, my interest is in the 508XDA. I'd considered waiting around for the LX, but to be honest - I don't really feel like waiting for Pioneer to grace us with some stock, and the prices floating around are a little out of my budget.

I'm planning on hooking it up to a Linux-based HTPC (Mythtv) probably via DVI - has anyone else out there got their Gen-8 panel hooked up to a PC yet? Any issues?

I think Pioneer have badly under-estimated the selling power of 1080p. When People are getting 50" Hitachi and Panasonic 1080p panels for $4500 and less

- the Hitachi 1080p was recently on sale for $3999 through various outlets (whether inferior to the Pioneer or not) they are going to find it very hard to sell 508XDA's

even at that price. I guess it all comes down to the hype generated by Sony and others with their 1080p advertising. Most people are going to be asking for a 1080p

panel whether it has a better picture or not.

Think we will see some major price re-structuring by Pioneer in the coming months. A ridiculous $8500 - $9000 RRP for the upcoming LX508 1080p model is

just going to be way too much of a premium for even those after the best to stomach. This pricing is something that would be expected 2 years ago for a 50" panel,

but thankfully for everyone currently in the market it has well and truely passed. 58-65" plasma screens are now starting to approach that price point,

and that's without bringing LCD into the equation!!!

People are prepared to pay some premium for a superior product, but unfortunately I think the premium is being way over estimated at this stage.

Wait and see I guess, Pioneer's sale's figures/profit on plasma in the coming months will show the real story, and if they are on the money with those outdated

prices.

Pioneers RRP has always been above the others even for their HD Panels. Don't think you will see them achieve prices of the other manufacturers. Generally their prices include installation and 5 years warranty.

Tried Myer Chermside to see if they could go XDZ's $4400 credit card price. No way they reckon it is below cost. I even told him I was buying $1.6K extras and no go . Best I felt was $4700 but he was waving the $5199 stiker around saying it is 10% off now I replied JB has a sticker price of $4797 and the $5199 is a 10 days old price. There is a 4 days only 10% off sign on all plasmas etc he reckoned that is off RRP. Sigh decided to go for a coffee and scratchie more fun than haggling with that salesman.

Tried Myer Chermside to see if they could go XDZ's $4400 credit card price. No way they reckon it is below cost. I even told him I was buying $1.6K extras and no go . Best I felt was $4700 but he was waving the $5199 stiker around saying it is 10% off now I replied JB has a sticker price of $4797 and the $5199 is a 10 days old price. There is a 4 days only 10% off sign on all plasmas etc he reckoned that is off RRP. Sigh decided to go for a coffee and scratchie more fun than haggling with that salesman.

I'm getting mine for $4460, but only because I ordered a 507 in August and they couldn't end up getting one, so they're giving me the 508 at this price which they say is pretty much at cost. Just got the phone call to say it's arrived at the retailer's premises, now just need the call from Pioneer to install, and I'll be migrating over to the owner's thread!!

It's been a long, long wait, with still a few days to go, but a good outcome in the end - a 508 instead of my original choice, for which I'm happy to pay the extra $700 it's gonna cost me.

not all jb's have that ticket price...i think a certain manager want to sell a couple because the book price is still the normal ticket price....

and another side note, depsite pioneer initially not wanting to have a store like JB stock the 1080 series, they now are going to and pricing etc should be confirmed in the coming weeks

and another side note, depsite pioneer initially not wanting to have a store like JB stock the 1080 series, they now are going to and pricing etc should be confirmed in the coming weeks

That is quite interesting - I wonder what the implication is for Pioneer's premium strategy... and associated pricing?

Well done Nearly. Excellent price and good deal all round.

Thanks Brumby, and I note you are a Calida owner, as am I. But the 508 will be replacing an Aconda, and as a Loewe owner I am sure you will know that this is a decision not arrived at lightly!!

not all jb's have that ticket price...i think a certain manager want to sell a couple because the book price is still the normal ticket price....

I very much doubt that, but we'll wait and see.

Thanks Brumby, and I note you are a Calida owner, as am I. But the 508 will be replacing an Aconda, and as a Loewe owner I am sure you will know that this is a decision not arrived at lightly!!

I do indeed mate. Best CRTs ever made IMHO. The Aconda being the cream of the crop too, a step above my Calida.

The Calida will not die, though. I'll stick it in the bedroom. It still works just fine and the picture is better than 98 percent of flat panels.

Just brought the 428XDA for $3800 and PS3 40GB $600 from JB HI FI,not a bad deal i think

That is a good price. How did you get the PS3 for $600? I don't think gaming console is not marked up that high. You almost got a $100 discount for the newly released 40GB PS3 version.

I do indeed mate. Best CRTs ever made IMHO. The Aconda being the cream of the crop too, a step above my Calida.

The Calida will not die, though. I'll stick it in the bedroom. It still works just fine and the picture is better than 98 percent of flat panels.

Get no argument from me on the best CRTs ever made thought. I remember reading a line a long time ago in (I think) these very forums that made up my mind to buy the Aconda in the first place - I can't afford the world's best house, or the world's best car, but I can afford the world's best TV - the Loewe Aconda.

And no, mine aren't dying either. 508 goes in lounge room, 5 year old Aconda goes to bedroom, 11 year old Calida goes to kid's room.

Yeah I just noticed that. Chermside JB had it on sale for $4797 and Strathpine JB (5 mins down the road) had it on sale for $5197 today. :wacko: