Confirmed Pioneer Kuro 8th Gen Rrp And Best Price Thread.

Yep.

Note that Len Wallis has them listed at $8999 on their website, and HN also indicated that this would be their original RRP.

Perhaps it was altered from the original launch RRP to the $9K figure, and then has been adjusted down $500?

I've also heard that those retailers not present at the launch were told to expect a RRP figure for the 508LX of about $8K to $9K. So perhaps there was a stuff up in the pricings at the launch? Who knows?

I'm not of the opinion that they're pursuing the average consumer though. It's arguable whether most would be able to tell the different between the XD and LX models, and I'd reckon they're more keen on using the XD as the sales volume, and not too particular about selling a lot of volume of the LXs.

Whether they're right/wrong/smart/stupid is entirely another thing though.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah i quoted my parents Myers 1 card as i dont have one. Ill use that voucher to buy a wall mount as until i move into my new house ill need the stand.. would have loved to have ordered the wall mount as the pioneer one is pretty elite.

Oh yeah the best they could do on the 428XDA was $~3800...

Off topic i checked out the new Pana, Hitachi and Samsung 1080p plasmas. The Samsung had the highest WAF with the Pana being my choice. I would have been happy with the Samsung if i purchased. The Hitachi is pretty good value for money.

Edited by xdZ

Has anyone even tried to get this price or are you just waiting for a jpg that takes all the fun out of shopping around and haggling? Myers buy price would be the same Australia wide. This price could be below the buy price as there was a note re: price match on receipt. I didnt take much notice of the store or even meantioned another company/price.

Mate as I mentioned my salesguy refused point blank to discuss discounting without proof. I did mention a $4480 price a poster here got in melbourne non myers store and he said no way as not in Brisbane and if I wanted that price to show him a price on a store card signed and he will better it, thus your invoice with help no end. Surprised they went Cc on it as they also lost $100+ on CC fees.

Where from?

The quotes were from the city stores in sydney (,yer and DJ's). I ended up getting it from harvey norman commercial as we buy a lot of stuff from them, but i am sure that either Myer or DJ's would be able to rpoce match the $4,653 price. it didn't take them too long to agree to the $4,700 and $4,780 prices. Their original quote was approx $5,150, i told them i wanted $xxx and they said they would do it... then i walked out of the store.

i was pretty much just hunting around because i knew i would get it from my contact at Harvey Norman Commercial.

Does anyone know of any viewing locations in Melbourne of the LX and XDA models. I'm tossing up between a panasonic 50pz either the lx or xda 50" or a sony bravia 46" or 52". Any thoughts? Anyone seen these side-by-side?

LX MODELS NOT RELEASED YET

HN in Hoppers Crossing has both sizes in XD and has panz ect to look at

Myer Werribee Plaza has the 508XD and Sony's

Myer CBD also has both I beleive (sizes in XD) and panz and Sony's

When pioneer say theyprovide "installation" does that mean they'll put it on a wall for you. Or is this basically just setting it up for you on it's stand and setting it up with HT system, foxtel, etc...?

Nope - they will install it on the wall, but they do not do the cable concealing / electricity part for free (you have to pay by the hour if you want that.

But - if you have a powerpoint and video/audio/FTA tv signal points available - yes they will give you a wallmount, bolt it to the wall and install the plasma on it... which is a pretty good deal in my opinion.

So good in fact that I reckon those who go for the stand option should be given a discount.

what sort of wallmount does Pioneer supply ??

On the accessories section on the site they have a number from the MS2 (basic tilt) at $299 to the AM3 (full swivel) at $799.

The swivel stand is $499.

[i note the site still refers to compatibility with the 506 series, so somewhat dated)

Am looking to get a swivel mount so I can also watch outside but the $799 seems very pricey. If I buy an alternative mount will the Pio installers use that?

On the accessories section on the site they have a number from the MS2 (basic tilt) at $299 to the AM3 (full swivel) at $799.

[i note the site still refers to compatibility with the 506 series, so somewhat dated)

Am looking to get a swivel mount so I can also watch outside but the $799 seems very pricey. If I buy an alternative mount will the Pio installers use that?

That sounds like a question for pioneer's 1800 number or your retailer.

If I found myself in your position I would be asking for either a discount on the TV or a discount on the Pio Swivel mount...

Best of luck - report back anything you find out.

Having just spoke to pioneer re: my order (1 week back order) i questioned the choice of stand/wall mount. I require a stand for the next 3 months until i move into my new house where i will wall mount the plasma. Both stand and wall mount offered are $499 rrp and you can purchase the one you did not order if desired. I order the stand and will purchase a non-pioneer wall mount when the time comes.

Having just spoke to pioneer re: my order (1 week back order) i questioned the choice of stand/wall mount. I require a stand for the next 3 months until i move into my new house where i will wall mount the plasma. Both stand and wall mount offered are $499 rrp and you can purchase the one you did not order if desired. I order the stand and will purchase a non-pioneer wall mount when the time comes.

But you get one or the other for "free" - included as part of the price of purchase? Right?

But you get one or the other for "free" - included as part of the price of purchase? Right?

Yeah one or the other. If you want wall mount they will install it for free. If you want a power point behind the tv its like $100 extra.

Also the 50" u get the speaker on the bottom that can be removed. The 42" you can not remove the speaker if i remember rightly.

Edited by xdZ

Wasn't someone saying they got one for $4400????

Yeah that was me but after calling Bing Lee, JB Hifi, Myers and HN today to attempt to replicate that price the best most will do is $4700 cash.

Some other people have quoted prices around $4400-$4500 but with the bulk not having the same luck.