Confirmed Pioneer Kuro 8th Gen Rrp And Best Price Thread.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just paid $4400 for my 508XDA from Myers. Hopefully doesnt take too long to turn up.

Is that for the 42 inch 428xda / or the 50 inch 508xda?

And if it is the 50 inch - well done!! ;) Any chance you could post a scan of the receipt?;)

Edited by brisvegas1

Is that for the 42 inch 428xda / or the 50 inch 508xda?

And if it is the 50 inch - well done!! ;) Any chance you could post a scan of the receipt?;)

Second that (er third that), oh smudge out your private details of course. If your can, which Myers as well will assist also . The extra $100 on the my Myers One card makes this a good buy. Did you buy anything extra such as a blue ray player etc to help get this price?

Edited by Peacekeeper

Just paid $4400 for my 508XDA from Myers. Hopefully doesnt take too long to turn up.

Thats incredible. Didn't expect pricing like this <2weeks after launch. well done!

I think your reciept is going to be much sought after. I'd like to see it too please. And from which Myers as well?

Guest fordfalcon

i was at the launch of the kuro at GBI (wholesaler) for pioneer and it was compared side by side to the 7th gen pioneer, panasonic th42px70a, sony lcd

on the up side it had true blacks and colour depth was amazing

but on the down side it was as sharp as a bowling ball

the lcd looked sharper hahahahahaha heres a first! :blink:

Mars.... needs.... women Scans of receipts!!! (if you are confused by this reference - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0060672/)

Come on - don't tease - post your receipt.

Why do you all need a receipts? If you are serious about buying then take that amount in cash and wave it under the nose of you local Pio retailer and say: "If you can match this price here's the cash". Don't don't haggle any further (up or down) and don't blink!

If you are posting scans of receipts ensure to remove any reference to Credit Cards and personal details.

My Myers guy would not talk any low price without a signed quote from a competitor, so asking for a scan of the receipt is proof and an assistance we all are not brave enough to carry $4000 on us :mellow: .

Alright, I'll bite.

"When things seem too good to be true, go with that thought."

<Flame suit on>

Not a flame but a suggestion

The guy could be asleep after a hard night shift work.. one does have to remember we all are not online 24/hr that is why I missed the GB. See what the weekend brings though I was going to Myers today (with the reciept) to haggle. Will try a empty hand haggle. :wub:

Edited by Peacekeeper

Im stuck at work till sometime this afternoon with dinner plans. Ill see what i can do way of "proof"...

Has anyone even tried to get this price or are you just waiting for a jpg that takes all the fun out of shopping around and haggling? Myers buy price would be the same Australia wide. This price could be below the buy price as there was a note re: price match on receipt. I didnt take much notice of the store or even meantioned another company/price.

I didnt even pay cash, i was going to but they didnt mind if i popped it on the cc. Saved me a trip to the bank before i headed into work today. Maybe my Myers hasnt sold a 508XDA yet and really wanted to get one out the door. Either way the manager was called to auth the sale and congratulated me on purchasing a lovely plasma.

Sad to see the naysayer.. Ive been a member since 04 with a very lurker-ish ~100 posts. Hardly troll-ish.. :\

Edited by xdZ

What was the jist of this note?

I orginally called up and discussed the price over the phone as i wasnt going to head into the mall if they wouldnt even budge from ticket price (RRP $5499. Save $300 = $5199). The sales guy put me on hold for 5 minutes to check if he could sell it for $4400, my only offer and a figure i got from this forum. The sales guy returned from hold and said they could. I requested he note down the call/price for when i came in. I headed to the mall and found the sales guy who referenced notebook where i seen my name, mobile #, model # and then what looked like scribble in another hand writing "price match $4400".

I orginally called up and discussed the price over the phone as i wasnt going to head into the mall if they wouldnt even budge from ticket price (RRP $5499. Save $300 = $5199). The sales guy put me on hold for 5 minutes to check if he could sell it for $4400, my only offer and a figure i got from this forum. The sales guy returned from hold and said they could. I requested he note down the call/price for when i came in. I headed to the mall and found the sales guy who referenced notebook where i seen my name, mobile #, model # and then what looked like scribble in another hand writing "price match $4400".

Well done mate. You've got yourself a very good price. Nice to have a salesman just say 'yes'!

Did you also get the $100 Myer Card gift vouchers or whatever it is they give you?