Sign in to follow this  
dvader

Confirmed Pioneer Kuro 8th Gen Rrp And Best Price Thread.

Whats the best price you have seen for the 508XDA? Someone posted $4700, is that real???

I was offered $4700 at David Jones , at the Glen in Melbourne.

They had 10% off the ticket price of $5499 and a further couple of hundred off for cash.

WA....

Depends which state your in, if your in Melbourne PM me for cheap 508xda.

Depends which state your in, if your in Melbourne PM me for cheap 508xda.

Wallywonka, could ypu please PM me the best melb price.. i am unable to pm.

I am in melb and after one of these...

Cheers

Danny

Pioneer has launched some amazing new technology with their 8th Gen. Kuro Plasmas... only problem is some people are finding them a teensy bit expensive.

Here we are going to track the Launch prices and see what sort of deals people are able to achieve.

Feel free to post scans of your receipts to help everyone get the best price.

Launch RRP:

PDP-428XDA - RRP $4,699

PDP-508XDA - RRP $5,699

PDP-LX508 - RRP $8,499 (estimated - see http://www.cnet.com.au/tvs/plasma/0,239035...9282238,00.htm)

PDP-LX608 - RRP $11,999.00 (estimated - see http://www.cnet.com.au/tvs/plasma/0,239035...9282250,00.htm)

Yes - we know these prices are high, but I like to think of them as just a starting point for negotiation ;)

How low have you got them and where did you get them from? Post away...

I have gotten some indicators of salesmen at Myers on $4800 to $4900 on the 508XDA.

Myers $4400......just under the $4480 and $4495 quoted by others at HN and Rick Lees.

Sitting back and waiting for Pioneer to get dragged along to a more affordable level by the ongoing Sony vs Panasonic war.

Edited by superted

Up here in Noosa I was quoted $5k from HN and a specialty shop (Fi). They both got the 508XD in today. No haggling whatsoever on my part, but Noosa is well known as a "high price" shire. The assumption is that everyone who lives here is LOADED. Some are, most aren't.

What I'd like to see is prices that people actually achieved in BUYING the panel.

Myers $4400......just under the $4480 and $4495 quoted by others at HN and Rick Lees.

Sitting back and waiting for Pioneer to get dragged along to a more affordable level by the ongoing Sony vs Panasonic war.

Did myers require another written quote to offer that, mine would not even talk to lower to that area without one.

Why not arrange a GB.

What happened to the last one?

Why not arrange a GB.

A model number would help :ph34r:

Sounds like they quoted you on the 507

I was assuming it was the 428.

I assumed the 508xda as 1 poster in another thread mentioned the $4480 price this poster mentioned above. Think it was in a Melbourne shop.

I think threads like this need to be careful of "mere puffery".

I'm assuming either the 428 or the 507. A 508XD for <$4.5K. Good luck to anybody who can actually GET that price now on a single panel deal. After the 1080p sets hit it might be a different story.

I'm assuming either the 428 or the 507. A 508XD for <$4.5K. Good luck to anybody who can actually GET that price now on a single panel deal. After the 1080p sets hit it might be a different story.

I agree, saw someone say $3.5k for a kuro someplace else. dreaming at this point I think.

Confirmed $4780 from Myer City Melbourne 508. Want to see my receipt :)

And if you use a Myer One card, you get enough points for a $100 gift card. Handy that. So, for me that's like $4680 as I often shop there I will just use the $100 instead of a card next time anyway.

Get delivery next Monday (took exactly 1 week from order placement to confirmed delivery with Pio. installer).

Agreed that is why I asked for confirmation I would be at Myers tomorrow at that price :wacko: The $4780 of Tom's above was more in the line I would expect.

Edited by Peacekeeper

No the 508XDA (the 507 next to it was marked $4000)...but im sure some people in this forum wouldve probably paid the $4400 and taken the 507 if quoted above the sticker price.

No the 508XDA (the 507 next to it was marked $4000)...but im sure some people in this forum wouldve probably paid the $4400 and taken the 507 if quoted above the sticker price.

Good job! Did you have to haggle much? Which Myer?