Sign in to follow this  
laurie

Owners Thread - Pioneer Pdp 428xda/508xda 768p

I saw a demo model for sale a few weeks ago and I must admit I was tempted. They wanted $2400 odd :lol: for it but I was thinking more like $2000 at the time.

At $1600 I would have one for sure ... but I'm just not sure if thats possible.

If you are talking about a retailer in Sydney and the price was right (say around $1800) I would consider it.

Can't help with 508xda's but i seen four boxed 428xda's (with wall mount kit) lined up on the show room floor of a retailer on the weekend.

Best price I know on this unit is $2,100 from someone who posted on this thread in June. Given that Pioneer have now dumped the free delivery/installation/basic onsite calibtatiion, I think $1,700 is a fair price. Any other thoughts on price?

Maybe i should approach the retailer with a deal?

Anyone interested in doing a bulk deal - say 4 units @$1,600 each?

Where abouts are you? They are probably sold by now.

I finally bit the bullet and on the weekend purchased one of the four PDP428xda's for sale by this retailer.

Still cost me over $2k to buy including Pioneer wallmount and but now I have to pick-up the cost of installation. Pioneer have provided me with their preferred installer who has quoted $330 for a concealed cable (thru the wall cavity) wall mount installation and hook up to any existing equipment. The quote also includes pick of the Plasma from the retailer and delivery to my home on the day of installation.

Did I do the right thing buying a superceded HD Plasma or should I have gone for a stand mounted 42" Full HD Panasonic Plasma for a similar cost?

Only ask this question because the retailer has been quite reasonable and offered to provide a full refund of my purchase should I change my mind before the Pioneer Plasma is scheduled to be delivered.

Wall mount questions

------------------------

The TV will be wall mounted in a lounge room above a lowline entertainment unit. I will purchase a DVD player so that the installers can run a HDMI cable thru the wall and set up the DVD connection to the TV. Bearing in mind that my wife is not keen on the full AV receiver/loudspeaker set-up for "her" lounge room, are there nevertheless any other cables I should purchase prior to the installation so that the installers can feed these thru for future connection to whatever components (Playstation, video camera, etc) I wish to purchase in the future?

Is there any advantage in purchasing a Pioneer DVD player (ie. can the DVD player be controlled thru a HDMI cable connected to this TV or is that feature only available in current model pioneer Plasmas?

I finally bit the bullet and on the weekend purchased one of the four PDP428xda's for sale by this retailer.

Still cost me over $2k to buy including Pioneer wallmount and but now I have to pick-up the cost of installation. Pioneer have provided me with their preferred installer who has quoted $330 for a concealed cable (thru the wall cavity) wall mount installation and hook up to any existing equipment. The quote also includes pick of the Plasma from the retailer and delivery to my home on the day of installation.

Did I do the right thing buying a superceded HD Plasma or should I have gone for a stand mounted 42" Full HD Panasonic Plasma for a similar cost?

Only ask this question because the retailer has been quite reasonable and offered to provide a full refund of my purchase should I change my mind before the Pioneer Plasma is scheduled to be delivered.

Wall mount questions

------------------------

The TV will be wall mounted in a lounge room above a lowline entertainment unit. I will purchase a DVD player so that the installers can run a HDMI cable thru the wall and set up the DVD connection to the TV. Bearing in mind that my wife is not keen on the full AV receiver/loudspeaker set-up for "her" lounge room, are there nevertheless any other cables I should purchase prior to the installation so that the installers can feed these thru for future connection to whatever components (Playstation, video camera, etc) I wish to purchase in the future?

Is there any advantage in purchasing a Pioneer DVD player (ie. can the DVD player be controlled thru a HDMI cable connected to this TV or is that feature only available in current model pioneer Plasmas?

Good choice. Sure it's not the latest but a great tv none the less. Where did you get it? I might avail myself of one if in Melb.

Check out this review which sings the praises of your new purchase. There's also a link to show you how to calibrate the 428xda, presented by Kuro guru Aaron. Cannot remember if the xda plasma's can be controlled by other pioneer device remotes but you can download the manual here and have a look see. Cheers and happy viewing.

This retailer is in Sydney but their a national operation so maybe they can ship to a store in Melbourne. I need to contact the Sales Manager again this week so let me know if your still interested and I'll find out if they can ship a box to Melbourne.

Does this TV display NTSC images from a DVD player that can play these type of discs?

This retailer is in Sydney but their a national operation so maybe they can ship to a store in Melbourne. I need to contact the Sales Manager again this week so let me know if your still interested and I'll find out if they can ship a box to Melbourne.

Does this TV display NTSC images from a DVD player that can play these type of discs?

Not sure about the NTSC, sorry. Did you download the manual?

Thanks for the offer to help get me one down from Sydney. I think the cost of shipping will rule that option out for me but I guess it doesn't hurt to ask. If you wouldn't mind that would be great. Can you please tell me the name of the retailer too. You can PM me if you don't want to post here. Thanks heaps.

Does this TV display NTSC images from a DVD player that can play these type of discs? - Yes

Thanks to both eddicat and dvduser for the info.

I think this retailer will wear the cost of interstate shipment between stores as at one stage (before I found these one's in Sydney) they were contemplating sending one from interstate to Sydney.

Eddicat,

Phone Jai Dimarco the Sales Manager at Clive Peeters Auburn in Sydney. He still has some in stock and will be able to help you.

Jai Di Marco

Sales Manager

Clive Peeters Ltd

Auburn NSW

Ph: 02 9714 3500

Fax: 02 9715 3555

hi all,

Hoping someone can help me, as lately on my 508xda i have noticed a sort of blurring on faces of people particularly the skin tones.

Spalmills i have been using your isf settings do you get it?

Or is there something in my settings i should play with?

Any help is greatly appreciated?

littlecreature.

has anybody else noticed this or have any ideas?

has anybody else noticed this or have any ideas?

Have you spoken to Pioneer. If there was a problem I would be right on the phone.

I am having problems with my settings for my 508-XDA.

Has anyone got any nice settings for Foxtel iQ2, the ones for SkyHD on AVForums does not look that good.

They look very soft.

I am having problems with my settings for my 508-XDA.

Has anyone got any nice settings for Foxtel iQ2, the ones for SkyHD on AVForums does not look that good.

They look very soft.

Anyone?

Anyone?

I don't think anyone uses this thread any longer unfortunately. Sorry I cannot help you, try starting a new thread all together.

Must admit this is my first time back in months. I am soooo happy with my 508XDA, had it since Early May, over 6 months and it hasn't skipped a beat, picture is superb.

With the 508XDA does plugging a Topfield HD Tuner improve PQ noticeably compared to the in built tuner?

Should improve the channel change speed at the very least

My 508XDA replacement panel has been a charm since June when it arrived. The original had a blotching problem similar to what Raja describes in another thread...

"However, these have only been noticable when the TV is switched to an unused AV channel (black screen). But to see them i need to turn the lights off"

I noticed that this still seems to occur despite my lower settings (50% contrast, for example). However, it is much less of a problem, as I have not noticed it during games, dark movies, or DTV. In short, I think it is just IR that is washed away when enough fullscreen content has been displayed.

The panel itself has been active for nearly 520 hours now (overall since receiving it back in June). Would it be safe to say that the break-in period has passed, or should I continue to run the break-in dvd some more?

At one point recently, I was thinking of buying an LCD monitor for the consoles. But I reconsidered this after realizing that today's Plasmas are A-OK (especially the Kuro range), and that it would be a waste of money.

Anyone know on how to reset the remote control back to default. Basically when i hit the power button to turn of the TV, the Pioneer Receiver also turns off, even when the remote is up against the tv`s sensor, out of line and site of the Receiver it still turns it off.

Anyone know on how to reset the remote control back to default. Basically when i hit the power button to turn of the TV, the Pioneer Receiver also turns off, even when the remote is up against the tv`s sensor, out of line and site of the Receiver it still turns it off.

dont know if you still have this issue but did you talk to tech at pioneer?