Owners Thread - Pioneer Pdp 428xda/508xda 768p

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody know the best way to split the tv signal out of the plasma ?

I was told that you could do it on the 508xda, but not sure what/how ?

I want to be able to split my signal to another room

Use "monitor out" on the back of the panel

Guest Hogie

I've got a pretty silly question that I hope other owners can answer. When you received your XDA did it have any of those product/info stickers on the side of the screen? Mine didn't and I just want to make sure that is the same for other owners.

I just want to try and make sure that my panel was indeed new.

I've got a pretty silly question that I hope other owners can answer. When you received your XDA did it have any of those product/info stickers on the side of the screen? Mine didn't and I just want to make sure that is the same for other owners.

Mine received none.

No stickers on mine,just check the usage hours on the panel to see how long its been used if you are unsure.Directions for checking the hours are in this thread if you search.

PS.Hogie i see in a earlier thread you have indeed checked your hours so i think your right it was a pretty silly question,just enjoy your tv and stop worrying.

Edited by wheelz

Guest Hogie

Yeah Wheelz, I know just being a little paranoid. From now on out I'll just relax and enjoy the TV.

Oh, and by the way, I've just recently bought a 360 and am playing through Bioshock. This game looks magnificent on the Pioneer!

• 2 weeks later...
hey mjs

just trying out your settings what were your noise settings do you know?

3DNR low

Field NR low

Block NR on (DTV and Foxtel) off (DVD and PS3)

Mosquito NR off

cheers, mjs

hey mjs

just trying out your settings what were your noise settings do you know?

3DNR low

Field NR low

Block NR on (DTV and Foxtel) off (DVD and PS3)

Mosquito NR off

cheers, mjs

No doubt. Wait till you see Call Of Duty 4 B)

Hi,it may be a silly question but how do you get sound from your PC to 508? I have connected from laptop to pc input on plasma for the picture which is great but how do i get the audio there? the sound from the laptop is pretty lame!!!! Would you use some kind if cable to go from headphone input on pc TO plasma somewhere?

Thx :huh:

Hi,it may be a silly question but how do you get sound from your PC to 508? I have connected from laptop to pc input on plasma for the picture which is great but how do i get the audio there? the sound from the laptop is pretty lame!!!! Would you use some kind if cable to go from headphone input on pc TO plasma somewhere?

Thx :huh:

Not running my PC through VGA but running a 360 instead. There is a single audio input at the back of the XDA that will give you sound for that input. From memory I think its just called "Audio In" or similar. You just use a single 3.5mm stereo jack cable, plug one end in the headphone socket of your laptop and the other into the back of the XDA.

Use "monitor out" on the back of the panel

Thanks for the help...

I have used the ANT out as I already have an RF connection between the 2 rooms.

I seem to be able to pick up most of the DTV channels, but was wondering how I could split Foxtel to the second room ?

I tried using the RF out on the Fox IQ, but only managed to pick up a handful of DTV channels, and no Fox ...

Also, what do I now do with the RF cable that looped between the "ANT out" and the other ANT connection ?

Help Please !!

Edited by Tiger_Africa

Hi All,

I've got 2 Qs for which I would really appreciate some help with.

Had my Kuro 42" installed on the weekend, installer said SBS SD and HD Digital are on 3 and 30 respectively. Didn't have time to check all FTA channels right there and then but since found that I can't get SBS Digital through the Pio tuner i.e when try to key in 3 or 30, small dialogue box comes up and says "This channel is not in service" ???!!! Anyone had this problem or know what it is, i.e internal tuner issue or antenna issue or installer did not tune the TV properly ?? I can still get SBS SD Digital thru Foxtel though, but I would really like access to SBS HD.

Secondly, Foxtel (Component connected) is programmed INPUT 1 now on the Pio remote, but will have IQ2 upgrade next week, which will be hooked up to HDMI INPUT 4 or 5 on the plasma, I guess. Can anyone who had this done tell me how all this will pan out, i.e will the IQ2 tech reprogram my Pio remote so that INPUT 4 will now be Foxtel IQ2 and INPUT1 will then be available for something else ?

Thanks heaps in anticipation of your enlightened responses.

Hi All,

I've got 2 Qs for which I would really appreciate some help with.

Had my Kuro 42" installed on the weekend, installer said SBS SD and HD Digital are on 3 and 30 respectively. Didn't have time to check all FTA channels right there and then but since found that I can't get SBS Digital through the Pio tuner i.e when try to key in 3 or 30, small dialogue box comes up and says "This channel is not in service" ???!!! Anyone had this problem or know what it is, i.e internal tuner issue or antenna issue or installer did not tune the TV properly ?? I can still get SBS SD Digital thru Foxtel though, but I would really like access to SBS HD. HAVE YOU TRIED TO RESCAN THE CHANNELS?

Secondly, Foxtel (Component connected) is programmed INPUT 1 now on the Pio remote, but will have IQ2 upgrade next week, which will be hooked up to HDMI INPUT 4 or 5 on the plasma, I guess. Can anyone who had this done tell me how all this will pan out, i.e will the IQ2 tech reprogram my Pio remote so that INPUT 4 will now be Foxtel IQ2 and INPUT1 will then be available for something else ? WHAT EVERINPUT THE IQ2 IS CONNECTED TO JUST PRESS THAT INPUT ON YOUR REMOTE.

Thanks heaps in anticipation of your enlightened responses.

• 2 weeks later...