Sign in to follow this  
Sabbath

Reputable Online Dvd Ordering

I have recently ordered a dvd, 'The Man Who Would be King' on line for my parents.

After an initial delay of two weeks, the dvd arrived in flimsy packaging and the case was crushed and broken. An e-mail to the company got it sorted and a new case was sent. This time the packaging was even cheaper and again the case was broken.

My parents went had not viewed the disc until the other day, some weeks after the order was made. The disc has a crack in it from the centre out maybe an inch, and subseqently would not play.

Rather than risk ordering a replacement dvd my parents would rather order it from someone who might take more care with their packaging.

It must be an australian company as my parents do not own a multiregion player. What online businesses have you guys had a positive experience with?

Any help is appreciated as we are unable to find this dvd locally.

www.ezydvd.com.au are good, but they aren't necessarily cheap (except for their constant sales)

www.dvdcrave.com are good as well

edit: http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/224081 $20

I agree, I have only had one problem with EzyDVD and there was no problem with resolving it subsequently.

Thanks guys.

Ezydvd have the title as 'no longer available' but i will keep all suggestions for future purchase references.

Thanks again for your trouble everyone.

Ha! I've been trying to get that site to load all evening. Kept getting 404! Thanks a lot. I'll pass it on to my parents and get them this movie.

It's funny because after not finding it at retail stores, i told them how easy it would be just to order it online. Made me look silly and didn't instil faith in the process for my parents.

I am very grateful to you all for your help.

I've been on the net since 1992 and i don't think i've ever been helped so promptly before.

Ha! I've been trying to get that site to load all evening. Kept getting 404! Thanks a lot. I'll pass it on to my parents and get them this movie.

No problems, the link in the previous post was slightly bugged.

Thanks for everyone's help. I successfully ordered the DVD from devoteddvd. The packaging options were very handy.

Pricecrawler looks handy too, thanks!

.... the dvd arrived in flimsy packaging and the case was crushed and broken ....

I've had DVDs come from the USA in what amounts to no more than a thin cardboard envelope.

And they have arrived perfectly intact. So far .....

I've had DVDs come from EzyDVD in paper envelopes with a piece of cardboard around half the case and been OK. So far ....

And I've had DVD's come from Amazon (USA & UK) in very solid cardboard boxes with one end of the case crushed despite the box looking "ok".

Provided the disc & slipcover weren't damaged I just replaced the case myself. Faster, cheaper.

I'm yet to receive a damaged disc. Although they often come lose inside the box during transit.

You sometimes wonder how your mail is being treated when you get a cardboard CD mailer bent in half. (I actually watched as a temporary mailman tried to do just that with a cardboard CD-Mailer for me. When it wouldn't fit in the letter box and walking 2 ft to the parcel box was just tooo much he tried to fold it in half and shove it in the letterbox!).

Yes, you pay for postage and packing, so the sender should use suitable packaging to protect you property, but often they don't. My experience has been if the sender doesn't use proper packaging to go elsewhere.

The disc has a crack in it from the centre out maybe an inch, and subseqently would not play.

If it wasn't damaged at the factory, you wonder how much force would be required to do that in transit.

Rather than risk ordering a replacement dvd my parents would rather order it from someone who might take more care with their packaging.

It must be an australian company as my parents do not own a multiregion player. What online businesses have you guys had a positive experience with?

Many titles are simply NEVER released locally.

May I ask how old your parents DVD player is?

When I bought mine, it had to be sold as a region 4, but a little document explaining how to make it multi-region came with it. The store was quiet open about it. They knew many people wouldn't buy a player otherwise. It was a very simple process involving entering some codes with the dvd players remote. A possible option?

I'd recommend Ezydvd.com.au or DVDCrave.com.au

I've used both before with success.

I've had DVDs come from EzyDVD in paper envelopes with a piece of cardboard around half the case and been OK. So far ....

The initial packaging was a padded bag. I would have expected that to be safe enough too. We just thought it was bad luck when the DVD arrived in a broken case.

And I've had DVD's come from Amazon (USA & UK) in very solid cardboard boxes with one end of the case crushed despite the box looking "ok".

Provided the disc & slipcover weren't damaged I just replaced the case myself. Faster, cheaper.

Yes that would have been my approach too. My parents had a different view. Geez, old people! :rolleyes:

Many titles are simply NEVER released locally.

Yes i know. I have a few region 1 discs myself that were unavailable or released much later here. :)

May I ask how old your parents DVD player is?

They have a few. One is multiregion but it's located in a room they use least. They also use a portable dvd player that was very cheap and i was told there was no region unlock available. This was not really a concern for my parents anyway as they rarely watch DVD's as it is and have yet to see a disc from another region that interests them.

When I bought mine, it had to be sold as a region 4, but a little document explaining how to make it multi-region came with it. The store was quiet open about it. They knew many people wouldn't buy a player otherwise. It was a very simple process involving entering some codes with the dvd players remote. A possible option?

Oh yeah i'm aware. I wouldnt buy a player for myself that was region locked permanently.

Thanks for your reply. :)

Pacific DVD is pretty good too.

And they have a good selection of Superbit DVDs.