Sign in to follow this  

No, you are not wrong. We do. But I had a very light-hearted jibe (with emoticons included) and I really didn't see the need for you to aggressively snipe at me. Or the original poster for that matter - he was just excited, not fishing or trying to be provocative. Or at least that's what I thought.

But I am willing to admit it could well be me. I've had three minor tiffs on this forum in the space of a year, far more than I've had on any forum in the last 10 years.

Either my tolerance is slipping (I'm not getting much sleep - so it's possible) or this forum is becoming more adversarial, either way I just don't feel like this forum is so much for me any more. But, certainly no hard feelings.

Definately no hard feelings verses. And for hat it's worth I wouldn't like to see you go. Your contibutions, especially in the gaming forum, are something I always enjoy.

Riding into the sunset on horses, Lovers embracing, kittens and puppy dogs playing etc. etc. blah blah blah. End of movie, Roll credits....... :blush:

For anyone interested, I saw the Spiderman trilogy box set at local Target for $77. Seems pretty reasonable. It was mixed in with other box sets and tucked away behind glass, but saw the BR label on the box and the price tag.

Ok, went down to Target in Burwood yesterday and they had 2 full displays of Blu-Ray movies.

One at the front of the store when you walk in and the other in the sound and video dept.

In regards to HD-DVD, they only had literally 5 movies and only 1 copy of each. This was stored on the bottom shelf in the Blu-Ray sound and video dept.

If anything, EZY-DVD in Burwood. The Blu-Ray movies are taking away spots of where the HD-DVD movies used to be. In other words they are stocking more Blu-Ray movies than HD-DVD.

Inversely, excessive stock on the shelf is not an indication that the product is selling well but rather that it is not moving at all.

All the promotion in the world will not move product unless the entry player price is agreeable.

C.M

Inversely, excessive stock on the shelf is not an indication that the product is selling well but rather that it is not moving at all.

All the promotion in the world will not move product unless the entry player price is agreeable.

C.M

I think $699 for the new sharp is pretty agreeable. My DVD player cost me more that that

Edited by marcusd

C.M

So, by taking your logic, on the comment that I posted about HD-DVD, means HD-DVD is selling real well??

Edited by Pescatore

One thing Ive noticed at my local targets is all the Blu-rya movies are in the PS3 section. Although this is god, they should move them out with the dvd section.

As for HD DVD, pfft, they had 2 titles in a glass cabinet. :lol: A dead format methinks :)

JB continue to have the biggest range and are selling very well (as they try and sell customers a BD player when they buy there shiny new lcd/plasma) and with the new get one free offer when i spoke to my local jb.

As for HD DVD, pfft, they had 2 titles in a glass cabinet. :lol: A dead format methinks :)

I dare you to say that after October 16th....

I dare you to say that after October 16th....

In Aus I meant. In the US, I can see HD DVD going for quite a few years, most likely co-exist alongside Blu-ray like PS3/Xbox360.

plus on November 1st, Ill be buying my first sd dvd in 12 months. Never thought I'd buy a sd dvd again :lol: Damn Paramount and Transformers...

Edited by dazbug

So, by taking your logic, on the comment that I posted about HD-DVD, means HD-DVD is selling real well??

From my discussions with the Manager of EzyDVD, he has told me countless times that HD DVD sells quite well, and usually is gone shortly after putting the stock out. He was even thinking at one point to import titles from the US to increase the range on offer. (He tends to support HD DVD over Blu-ray on a personal level it seems)

Guest JimboTHX1138

I like how Transformers is supposed to be a magic bullet. All it means is that HD-DVD might win one week of sales, which they are yet to do all year. Then Spidey 3 will swing things back to BD just over a week later.

I like how Transformers is supposed to be a magic bullet. All it means is that HD-DVD might win one week of sales, which they are yet to do all year. Then Spidey 3 will swing things back to BD just over a week later.

couldn't have said it better :) Have to give the hd dvd fanbois some hope :lol:

I must be getting ripped of with all my blu-ray purchases :( I don't seem to be receiving the "smug" some of you guys are.

couldn't have said it better :) Have to give the hd dvd fanbois some hope :lol:

Yawn (stretch)

Was there something important happening here guys? (looks around in hope of learning something of value)

Nope?...hmmm, maybe if I look under the couch?....nope nothing there either :unsure: ....strange...could've sworn I heard people attempting to add some value to something around here somewhere...

guess not then... :mellow:

Nighty night...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

;)

Yawn (stretch)

Was there something important happening here guys? (looks around in hope of learning something of value)

Nope?...hmmm, maybe if I look under the couch?....nope nothing there either :unsure: ....strange...could've sworn I heard people attempting to add some value to something around here somewhere...

guess not then... :mellow:

Nighty night...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

;)

WOW your post took up nearly the whole scrolling screen. What a waste, Ill never get those 10 sec back it took me to read ur post :)

:lol:

WOW your post took up nearly the whole scrolling screen. What a waste, Ill never get those 10 sec back it took me to read ur post :)

:lol:

Awww, you shortened it...now it's ruined for everyone else! (damn, where's the teary eyed emoticon...)

:ph34r:

wtf has the last X posts got to do with the completed Target Blu-ray sale?

wtf has the last X posts got to do with the completed Target Blu-ray sale?

Nuthin...that was my point :rolleyes: