Sign in to follow this  
creamop66

Samsung Ps50p91hdx

Hi all,

Just spoke to Samsung sales and apparently these panels have been released.

Clive Anthony have them on there computer and 6 on order.........selling for $4800

but I just can NOT find any info on the net about them

Help anyone........

I assume just like these (strange they are not calling them Ps50p91fdx)

http://www.samsung.com/uk/products/televis...=Specifications

http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/Samsung-PS50P96FDX/

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=546509

If the Ps50p91hdx is actually the Ps50p91fdx you can download its manual here http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/...-03Eng_0827.pdf (11MB PDF)

Thanks cttc

some very useful information

Edited by creamop66

The manager at a retail store called the Samsung rep for me today to get an idea of when we can expect to see the plasmas instore and apparently they will be instore late next week.

rrp is $4999 but bing lee have them in there computer "on sale" for $4000...........a bargin??

And yes according to BL computer they are the ps50p91fdx

I reckon they are the best plasma to hit the market yet. I think they perform better than the pana's (well certainatly as good). They look hot as the surronding frame is smaller that those of the Q and C 91's almost like a picture frame.

Saw this side by side with Pioneer Kuro, and have to say very impressed....also much better/sharper than Pana or Hitachi 1080 models (JB Melb City).

Has anyone got a killer price recently?

seen these today marked at $4200........I'm sure you could do better...........

p9 is growing on me...

But they have ultra filterbright, so unless you like looking at wavy horizontal lines I'd steer clear. Which is a real shame, because otherwise it looks like a great tv.

"If the Ps50p91hdx is actually the Ps50p91fdx you can download its manual here."

According to samsung.com.au they are separate models. the hdx is 1365x768, the fdx is 1920x1080.

I saw this at HN Carindale yesterday. Was quite impressed even though they did not feed it with HD content, rather just SD DVD. Marked at $4449. I'm sure you could get it for close to $4K.

I saw this at HN Carindale yesterday. Was quite impressed even though they did not feed it with HD content, rather just SD DVD. Marked at $4449. I'm sure you could get it for close to $4K.

At JB Hifi in Elizabeth Street, Melbourne they are $3,999 now. Who knows what settings they use but it is next to the Panasonic Z 50" and looks just as good.

Today they were playing a Bluray (is it 2.35:1?)with black bars at the top and bottom and the black bars looked much darker than either the 1080 or 720P 50" Panasonics - does that mean anything as to how it would display blacks in the actual picture?

Cheers

Nick

I reckon they are the best plasma to hit the market yet. I think they perform better than the pana's (well certainatly as good). They look hot as the surronding frame is smaller that those of the Q and C 91's almost like a picture frame.

i totally agree buddy....

has anyone got any updated prices for this plasma. was looking at the pioneer 508xda, pana pz700 and this and the samsung and pioneer seem far better than the panasonic (shop setup i know but the pana was noticeably darker than every other display). im hoping the samsung price will be less too. has anyone bought one that they would like to comment on?

cheers

edit, im talking the PS50P91FDX not sure what the HDX is

Edited by bensl

has anyone got any updated prices for this plasma. was looking at the pioneer 508xda, pana pz700 and this and the samsung and pioneer seem far better than the panasonic (shop setup i know but the pana was noticeably darker than every other display). im hoping the samsung price will be less too. has anyone bought one that they would like to comment on?

cheers

Jb hi fi Sydney, Liverpool. I got quoted 3800 for one and that was not for cash, I would expect 3600 or less for cash :)

I think this will be my new TV :0

Bye.

cheers

Jb hi fi Sydney, Liverpool. I got quoted 3800 for one and that was not for cash, I would expect 3600 or less for cash :)

I think this will be my new TV :0

Bye.

cheers

I was in JB's today looking at this screen. I'm not ready to buy right now (waiting for tax return) but the salesman told me I'll get on of these for low $3k then clarified by saying about $3200. Very nice sceen and I think at this price may be the one for me.

I was in JB's today looking at this screen. I'm not ready to buy right now (waiting for tax return) but the salesman told me I'll get on of these for low $3k then clarified by saying about $3200. Very nice sceen and I think at this price may be the one for me.

Yeah it's getting MIGHTY hard to turn down buying a 50 Inch 1080p Lcd or Plasma these days, the pricees are getting pretty cheap. I may have to give in and buy one :)

Its Ok I have been saving up for my new SED tv :P

Bye.

Yeah it's getting MIGHTY hard to turn down buying a 50 Inch 1080p Lcd or Plasma these days, the pricees are getting pretty cheap. I may have to give in and buy one :)

Its Ok I have been saving up for my new SED tv :P

Bye.

wow $3200 sounds a great price. was all keen on getting the pana but cant get past the darkness of it and cant quite stretch to the pioneer. im shooting for around the 3g mark.

are we sure we've got the model numbers right?

on the Samsubg website, there's:

PS50P91FDX (aka P9) with RRP $4,399

PS50Q91HDX (aka Q9) with RRP $3,649

are people relaly getting the P9 for $3200? if so, that's a bargain for a full HD 50" plasma?

how does the P9 compare with the Kuro 508XDA???

i dont see that model listed on the website

Edited by Junkyard