Hi all,

Just spoke to Samsung sales and apparently these panels have been released.

Clive Anthony have them on there computer and 6 on order.........selling for $4800

but I just can NOT find any info on the net about them

Help anyone........

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I assume just like these (strange they are not calling them Ps50p91fdx)

http://www.samsung.com/uk/products/televis...=Specifications

http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/Samsung-PS50P96FDX/

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=546509

If the Ps50p91hdx is actually the Ps50p91fdx you can download its manual here http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/...-03Eng_0827.pdf (11MB PDF)

The manager at a retail store called the Samsung rep for me today to get an idea of when we can expect to see the plasmas instore and apparently they will be instore late next week.

rrp is $4999 but bing lee have them in there computer "on sale" for $4000...........a bargin??

And yes according to BL computer they are the ps50p91fdx

• 3 weeks later...

Saw this side by side with Pioneer Kuro, and have to say very impressed....also much better/sharper than Pana or Hitachi 1080 models (JB Melb City).

Has anyone got a killer price recently?

I saw this at HN Carindale yesterday. Was quite impressed even though they did not feed it with HD content, rather just SD DVD. Marked at $4449. I'm sure you could get it for close to $4K.

• 2 weeks later...
I saw this at HN Carindale yesterday. Was quite impressed even though they did not feed it with HD content, rather just SD DVD. Marked at $4449. I'm sure you could get it for close to $4K.

At JB Hifi in Elizabeth Street, Melbourne they are $3,999 now. Who knows what settings they use but it is next to the Panasonic Z 50" and looks just as good.

Today they were playing a Bluray (is it 2.35:1?)with black bars at the top and bottom and the black bars looked much darker than either the 1080 or 720P 50" Panasonics - does that mean anything as to how it would display blacks in the actual picture?

Cheers

Nick

I reckon they are the best plasma to hit the market yet. I think they perform better than the pana's (well certainatly as good). They look hot as the surronding frame is smaller that those of the Q and C 91's almost like a picture frame.

i totally agree buddy....

• 2 weeks later...

has anyone got any updated prices for this plasma. was looking at the pioneer 508xda, pana pz700 and this and the samsung and pioneer seem far better than the panasonic (shop setup i know but the pana was noticeably darker than every other display). im hoping the samsung price will be less too. has anyone bought one that they would like to comment on?

cheers

edit, im talking the PS50P91FDX not sure what the HDX is

Edited by bensl

has anyone got any updated prices for this plasma. was looking at the pioneer 508xda, pana pz700 and this and the samsung and pioneer seem far better than the panasonic (shop setup i know but the pana was noticeably darker than every other display). im hoping the samsung price will be less too. has anyone bought one that they would like to comment on?

cheers

Jb hi fi Sydney, Liverpool. I got quoted 3800 for one and that was not for cash, I would expect 3600 or less for cash :)

I think this will be my new TV :0

Bye.

cheers

Jb hi fi Sydney, Liverpool. I got quoted 3800 for one and that was not for cash, I would expect 3600 or less for cash :)

I think this will be my new TV :0

Bye.

cheers

I was in JB's today looking at this screen. I'm not ready to buy right now (waiting for tax return) but the salesman told me I'll get on of these for low $3k then clarified by saying about $3200. Very nice sceen and I think at this price may be the one for me.

I was in JB's today looking at this screen. I'm not ready to buy right now (waiting for tax return) but the salesman told me I'll get on of these for low $3k then clarified by saying about $3200. Very nice sceen and I think at this price may be the one for me.

Yeah it's getting MIGHTY hard to turn down buying a 50 Inch 1080p Lcd or Plasma these days, the pricees are getting pretty cheap. I may have to give in and buy one :)

Its Ok I have been saving up for my new SED tv :P

Bye.

Yeah it's getting MIGHTY hard to turn down buying a 50 Inch 1080p Lcd or Plasma these days, the pricees are getting pretty cheap. I may have to give in and buy one :)

Its Ok I have been saving up for my new SED tv :P

Bye.

wow $3200 sounds a great price. was all keen on getting the pana but cant get past the darkness of it and cant quite stretch to the pioneer. im shooting for around the 3g mark.

are we sure we've got the model numbers right?

on the Samsubg website, there's:

PS50P91FDX (aka P9) with RRP $4,399

PS50Q91HDX (aka Q9) with RRP $3,649

are people relaly getting the P9 for $3200? if so, that's a bargain for a full HD 50" plasma?

how does the P9 compare with the Kuro 508XDA???

if i can get it for $3200 i am there , somehow i dont think you could though

I went to a second JB store today and was told he would beat my original quote (for the Sammy 50" 1080p plasma) of $3200 (from another JB store) there's not alot left in it he said but would go better.

Usually stores in WA tell you we need to pay extra for freight so if I was in the East I'd go in even harder, try for $3k! ;)

By the way the, he confirmed the 1080 Pana will be the same cost so just decide which screen suits your viewing better.

I went to a second JB store today and was told he would beat my original quote (for the Sammy 50" 1080p plasma) of $3200 (from another JB store) there's not alot left in it he said but would go better.

Usually stores in WA tell you we need to pay extra for freight so if I was in the East I'd go in even harder, try for $3k! ;)

By the way the, he confirmed the 1080 Pana will be the same cost so just decide which screen suits your viewing better.

i just went to my local jb. best they could do was $3350. said $3000 was below cost and wouldnt go near it. damn!

edit $3550 with 5yr warranty

Edited by bensl

So you're getting these prices from JB in WA? That the Osborne Park store?

i just went to my local jb. best they could do was $3350. said $3000 was below cost and wouldnt go near it. damn!

edit $3550 with 5yr warranty

I was told $3200 was below cost but he could still do a bit better to get the deal!! Yeah right, as if he'll sell it below cost just to get a deal. There's obviously more in it but it's getting close.

I'd go back a tell them you'll buy right now if they will do it for $3100 (if you'll buy at that price) and let them work for your sale.

Try Myer as well they seem quite happy to price match at the moment, and are keen to deal. Sometimes it depends on the salesman you strike.

are these prices cash prices ? i want to buy interest free

the $3350 was a cash price. didnt try to put the pressure on at all so i reckon $3200 or $3100 could be had with a bit of work.

So, which would you go? The Pioneer Kuro of the Samsung?

after seeing both TVs setup at various stores, I would go the samsung. Especially if you are planning on watching blu-ray.

The only thing holding me back from getting one, is that I have a narrow lounge room and I'd be sitting waaay too close for a 50" display.

the samsung is still quite a bit less than the kuro

The Kuro is 768 panel and the Samy 1080p - although there has been quite a bit of discussion about this and many think the Kuro is still better, I have my doubts from what I saw. I'm not saying the Samy is better than the Kuro, but it did not seem worse to my eyes (side-by-side). I even felt the Samy's black levels were very similar. So I think the extra res and $ saving makes the Samy a winner.

HI All,

What just happened here?

I checked the samsung website few minutes ago and all their 1080p plasma has gone back to their original RRP price.

eg.PS50P91FDX is now 5299, initially it was 5299 then it got down to 4399 when panasonic start to bring theirs to 4399.

But it seems that samsung has brought it up to 5299 after only 1+ week.

Anyway knows any inside story on this?