Samsung Ps50p91hdx

Bad news, I requested the TV to be deliverd in 7 weeks as I don't move into my new place until then. THe only reason I bought today was to pre-order the free LCD.

Just be aware that the reciept you get when you take delivery of the tv is your tax invoice. If you dont want it till then you will miss out on the free 26"lcd. You cant send Samsung your current receipt.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am going hunting for a P9 next couple days, I have one receipt (thanks!) from WA but need another one or two from Victoria to use for haggling. If anyone can help me out that would be cool and I will post the price I get etc. on here. Email is rabiddingoltd@gmail.com

Someone mentioned about some extended warranties being no good. Does anyone know if the good guys extended warranties are ok?

thanks

Justin

I finally took the plunge. I was after a new panel to replace my aging NEC plasma in the bedroom (no hdmi)

Walked into my Local Bing Lee told the sales guy my best price, he beat it by $100. I said take another $10 off the price and I'll give you my Visa now.

Done.

They sales guy said they don't have stock till Monday. We will deliver it for you that day since you live local.

I said fine.

total cost $2990

Did he ask for proof of your lowest price and did u have any? 3 grand nice effort mate with those extras. Shame theres not a Bing Lee in Geelong.

regards

Justin

Did he ask for proof of your lowest price and did u have any? 3 grand nice effort mate with those extras. Shame theres not a Bing Lee in Geelong.

regards

Justin

No he didn't ask. Actually the places I went to when price shopping, no one would give me a written quote/price.

He asked what my best price was, and I told him. There was no hesitation in giving me the $3000 price.

When I asked for $10 cheaper and you can swipe my visa, he looked at me and sort smirked as "can't believe this guy is asking for 10 more dollars off. I probably could have asked for another $50 off, but I am sure he would have disputed it and say $3000 is my limit.

The ticket price was $3799.

Interesting that good guys ticket price was $3399.

Some of the people on this forum are getting great prices on F81 samsung LCD's.

From Bing Lee and Good Guys, I couldn't get anywhere near the price. The Good Guys were still trying to flog off M81 series at prices more expensive than what people are getting the F81's for.

Edited by rhodesy101

Just be aware that the reciept you get when you take delivery of the tv is your tax invoice. If you dont want it till then you will miss out on the free 26"lcd. You cant send Samsung your current receipt.

Not sure where you got this from. I ve already got the tax invoice. But thanks anyway

Not sure where you got this from. I ve already got the tax invoice. But thanks anyway

In order to get the redeption via samsung you will need the serial number from the panal ;)

Without that info the redeption form will not process, you won't get an email back with the details you need to send into to them.

Thanks for everyone posting! I am on the hunt very soon for the P9. I am not a very good haggler though and will feel a bit stupid asking for the machine 1 grand off the advertised price in the good guys! But will do my best!

I am a little worried the lcds will sell out as I read that it is only while stocks last so whats the chances all the free ones will be snapped up before xmas?

Justin

check out my GB thread http://www.dtvforum.info/index.php?showtopic=57822

all the hassle has been taken away for you! not 100% sure they can deliver interstate though.

gee i'm spewing i bought mine too early!!!! might try and sweet talk the salesman... don't like my chances though.

bugger!!!!!

edit. i had my panel replaced due to excessive hum, do you think i could get the receipt changed to the date of replacement?

Edited by bensl

I went into JB yesterday armed with the receipt from Myer for $2776 (2 - 1yr warranty) and some comments about a deal JB did on the panel for $2961 with 2 + 2 yrs warranty. The sales guy went behind the screnes for ages and came back and said yes will do it now on the spot. I asked what about another 1 yrs warranty (total 5yrs) he said $100 extra. So $3061 all up with 5 yrs is possible from JB. I would expect them to claim that they are low on stock and that you will need to buy on the spot. They had a surcharge on Amex so I have postponned buying until I can draw hard cash and save the $60.

I went into JB yesterday armed with the receipt from Myer for $2776 (2 - 1yr warranty) and some comments about a deal JB did on the panel for $2961 with 2 + 2 yrs warranty. The sales guy went behind the screnes for ages and came back and said yes will do it now on the spot. I asked what about another 1 yrs warranty (total 5yrs) he said $100 extra. So $3061 all up with 5 yrs is possible from JB. I would expect them to claim that they are low on stock and that you will need to buy on the spot. They had a surcharge on Amex so I have postponned buying until I can draw hard cash and save the $60.

Great deal! Any chance I could get a copy of both the Myer and JB receipt emailed to me at nath@internode.on.net ?

I am not the best negotiator when it comes to price reductions so a copy of a recepit or two would be a huge help to me :)

Great deal! Any chance I could get a copy of both the Myer and JB receipt emailed to me at nath@internode.on.net ?

I am not the best negotiator when it comes to price reductions so a copy of a recepit or two would be a huge help to me :)

Myer receipt sent. I didnt have a JB receipt, just quote the forum - that was enough.

Here is a comparison between the Pioneer TH-50PZ700 vs the Samsung PS-50P96FD (UK 9 series) - conclusion is that they are fairly neck and neck, with the only main decider being the price. To me also, when I looked in the stores, the Samsung definitely looks a lot more modern and stylish design compared to the Panasonic.. Considering how much a TV can dominate the room, I think this is important.

http://www.avreview.co.uk/news/article/mps...698718332295368

Edited by predator666

Thats a awsome price any chance i can get a copy of receipt emailed as well?

email is txegan@hotmail.com

Thanks Alot

:)

edit. i had my panel replaced due to excessive hum, do you think i could get the receipt changed to the date of replacement?

I would think that you would need to get the reciept changed to the date of replacement as that is when your warranty starts. If not your warranty will be short changed.

Anyone got a delivery date on the free LCD yet?

From reading the promotional details, it looks like they wont process it until the end of January 08, and they also advise 6-8 weeks delivery time.

So I wont be expecting it until March 08.

I have PM'ed you for a copy of that invoice :rolleyes: