Samsung Ps50p91hdx

Well it looks like the electric discounter photo shopped the lcd promo so it had the plasmas in it as well. Then you buy the plasma and take it up with samsung and they say they dont do it. Damn, this would have been FULLY SICK free lcd with plasma. Oh well......

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will keep you asll informed.

I have this trouble with a Dewalt deal I bought late last year.

All the retailer did was provide me with a new reciept during the redemption period.

The lads at Bing Lee were good. They even have me doing antenna work at their houses so I feel I should be ok.

Cheers

Scott

Well it looks like the electric discounter photo shopped the lcd promo so it had the plasmas in it as well. Then you buy the plasma and take it up with samsung and they say they dont do it. Damn, this would have been FULLY SICK free lcd with plasma. Oh well......

where did you get this info from??? I highly doubt a retailer is going to amend another company's advertising/promotion - they would get sued big time.

Does it matter where you buy the samsung plasma to get the free lcd?

cheers

Justin

shouldn't matter, as the free LCD redemption is vai Samsung themselves, not the retailer

i'd probably check with Samsung first, just to be sure (especially if buying off ebay etc.)

you'd have to be a pretty good negotiator to get it for $3k with 5yr warranty, but it has been done (see hdtv prices wiki).

anyway, spoke to someone who works in warehousing for a major chain, and he has confirmed the free 26" LCD with the P9's.

going to hit the pavement this w/e to nab the best deal i can

Edited by Stooge007

Damn!!!

I bought the P91 9 days ago.....

Think anyone at Samsung would be generous enough to let me have a free LCD???

Dude, I would be asking your retailer to change the receipt date or something. Gotta be worth effort to get a free 1k lcd.

you'd have to be a pretty good negotiator to get it for $3k with 5yr warranty, but it has been done (see hdtv prices wiki).

anyway, spoke to someone who works in warehousing for a major chain, and he has confirmed the free 26" LCD with the P9's.

going to hit the pavement this w/e to nab the best deal i can

Someone got it on here for around that. I can see it on ebay for 3200 with 2 yr warranty. Whats the minimum warranty you should get with a plasma? Is 2 yr suffuce?

Someone got it on here for around that. I can see it on ebay for 3200 with 2 yr warranty. Whats the minimum warranty you should get with a plasma? Is 2 yr suffuce?

manufacturer warranties vary from 1 year to 5 years.

i know Samsung give 2 yrs on their plasmas, 3 years on LCD.

Pioneer give 5 yrs on their plasmas.

note though, that some store bought "extended warranties" are barely worth the paper they're printed on

Wow, great work guys. I'd love to get a copy of those receipts if possible. Email them to wayne.lim@zurich.com.au and lim.wayne@gmail.com.

What a buy! 1080p 50 inch Plama plus free 26" LCD for under $3K

Thanks for everyone posting! I am on the hunt very soon for the P9. I am not a very good haggler though and will feel a bit stupid asking for the machine 1 grand off the advertised price in the good guys! But will do my best!

I am a little worried the lcds will sell out as I read that it is only while stocks last so whats the chances all the free ones will be snapped up before xmas?

Justin

Ended up buying a PS5091FD from JB for $3250 (extra warranty not included). Given I don't live in a capital city, I thought it was ok. Love the TV, now I just have to decide which movie to christen it with. Hopefully the LCD turns up before Christmas.

End up back at JB, in anxiety thinking ****, hope these guys havent changed their mind. Nope. all good. Bought the Tv with delivery for $2811 and extra 2 years warranty (total 4) for $2961. Not as good as the receipt, but I couldnt find anyone that was willing to come to the party.

If anyone is after a receipt. I'll try and scan it from somewhere and email it.

Amigo. That is a fantastic deal. I would love the receipt. Can you please send it to mbodle@yahoo.com. I think I'm off to JB tomorrow morning. Thanks again

I finally took the plunge. I was after a new panel to replace my aging NEC plasma in the bedroom (no hdmi)

Walked into my Local Bing Lee told the sales guy my best price, he beat it by $100. I said take another $10 off the price and I'll give you my Visa now.

Done.

They sales guy said they don't have stock till Monday. We will deliver it for you that day since you live local.

I said fine.

total cost $2990

includes

1 x Ps50p91hdx

1 x 66cm LCD (from Samsung via website offer)

4 x Hoyts Movie tickets

free delivery

close to 2000 frequent flyer points for using my Visa.

The best deal I had gotten was actually from them about 2 weeks ago from another sales guy ($3100 cash or Visa) so I wasn't lying about. Best price apart from them was good guys store (not my local one that would do $3180 cash + $35 delivery that day.

looks Like samsung are really going out on a big sales promotion at the moment.

For those looking at LCD the FA series samsungs look incredible. (best LCD I have seen PQ wise). They blow the Sony away especially with the black levels.

Edited by rhodesy101