Samsung Ps50p91hdx

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if i can get it for $3200 i am there , somehow i dont think you could though

I went to a second JB store today and was told he would beat my original quote (for the Sammy 50" 1080p plasma) of $3200 (from another JB store) there's not alot left in it he said but would go better.

Usually stores in WA tell you we need to pay extra for freight so if I was in the East I'd go in even harder, try for $3k! ;)

By the way the, he confirmed the 1080 Pana will be the same cost so just decide which screen suits your viewing better.

I went to a second JB store today and was told he would beat my original quote (for the Sammy 50" 1080p plasma) of $3200 (from another JB store) there's not alot left in it he said but would go better.

Usually stores in WA tell you we need to pay extra for freight so if I was in the East I'd go in even harder, try for $3k! ;)

By the way the, he confirmed the 1080 Pana will be the same cost so just decide which screen suits your viewing better.

i just went to my local jb. best they could do was $3350. said $3000 was below cost and wouldnt go near it. damn!

edit $3550 with 5yr warranty

Edited by bensl

So you're getting these prices from JB in WA? That the Osborne Park store?

i just went to my local jb. best they could do was $3350. said $3000 was below cost and wouldnt go near it. damn!

edit $3550 with 5yr warranty

I was told $3200 was below cost but he could still do a bit better to get the deal!! Yeah right, as if he'll sell it below cost just to get a deal. There's obviously more in it but it's getting close.

I'd go back a tell them you'll buy right now if they will do it for $3100 (if you'll buy at that price) and let them work for your sale.

Try Myer as well they seem quite happy to price match at the moment, and are keen to deal. Sometimes it depends on the salesman you strike.

So, which would you go? The Pioneer Kuro of the Samsung?

after seeing both TVs setup at various stores, I would go the samsung. Especially if you are planning on watching blu-ray.

The only thing holding me back from getting one, is that I have a narrow lounge room and I'd be sitting waaay too close for a 50" display.

the samsung is still quite a bit less than the kuro

The Kuro is 768 panel and the Samy 1080p - although there has been quite a bit of discussion about this and many think the Kuro is still better, I have my doubts from what I saw. I'm not saying the Samy is better than the Kuro, but it did not seem worse to my eyes (side-by-side). I even felt the Samy's black levels were very similar. So I think the extra res and $ saving makes the Samy a winner.

HI All,

What just happened here?

I checked the samsung website few minutes ago and all their 1080p plasma has gone back to their original RRP price.

eg.PS50P91FDX is now 5299, initially it was 5299 then it got down to 4399 when panasonic start to bring theirs to 4399.

But it seems that samsung has brought it up to 5299 after only 1+ week.

Anyway knows any inside story on this?

do people who own the PS50P91 notice a buzz coming from the plasma. its not very loud but have just noticed it and am wondering if it is normal

Mine is nice and quiet, maybe just a slight buzz if you get right up next to the screen, but certainly nothing that would worry me or probably have ever noticed unless I went listening for it. I think it's fairly common for plasma's to make a bit of noise particularly with high contrast (white or light) screen images.

Try reading the pinned item on the opening page.

Hi People,

Does anyone know or can confirm whether this tv supports 24p?

I've seen it playing blu-ray movies and honestly thought their was issues with motion judder. How have owners found this tv???

On the other hand I saw the tv hooked up to a HD DVD and the judder issues were not evident.

I picked up one of these screens on Friday night and can confirm that it handles 1080 @ 24Hz perfectly well. No judder that I could see, and no issues with the screen getting confused about the refresh rate (the status message is correct). Blu-Ray movies look great.

Definitely happy with my purchase, however I'll be putting in a service call to Samsung this week due to excessive hum.

hmmm . . . i'm still undecided on what panel to get :(

Sammy P9?

Pana 700A?

Pio Kuro 508?

dammit

If money's no issue it would seem everyone (bar the fujitsu owners) loves the Kuro. For me $3000 for the Sammy p9 was unbeatable. Very happy!!

By the way is the football on ten tonight HD (chanel 1). I've got to say it looks superb. Never seen football look so good.

Edited by fast700c

If money's no issue it would seem everyone (bar the fujitsu owners) loves the Kuro. For me $3000 for the Sammy p9 was unbeatable. Very happy!!

By the way is the football on ten tonight HD (chanel 1). I've got to say it looks superb. Never seen football look so good.

yep me too. $3000 for a 50 inch hd plasma was too good to pass up. the picture, in my opinion, is every bit as good as the pioneer and better then the pana.

i know, i've seen the P9 and the Kuro side by side (many times) and to me, it's quite hard to pick differences.

however, the Kuro comes with:

- free delivery

- free wall mount

- free installation

- 5 year warranty

whereas the P9, i'd have to pay extra for that stuff, which makes the Kuro more affordable (either via the GB, or through a contact i know at HN)

still a tough decision, cos the P9 is a great panel

Edited by Stooge007

Just on that issue on the Fujitsu owners, don't they share the same panel as the Hitatchi, or is it the case they share the same manufacturing plant?

If money is no issue then go for the Pioneer, failing which I can see bugger all difference between the Samsung and Panasonic, although I think the blacks on the Samsung stand out more.

Also the Panasonic has more of a LCD type screen i.e. a non-reflective, whereas the Samsung has a reflective one.