Sign in to follow this  
peedon

Can We Have A New Subforum Please

for computer related stuff..

please?

We are a HT forum, there are planty of discussion areas here and to keep expanding to cater for everyones needs is just going to make it a plethora of subjects not related to HT.

You want PC stuff, go to Whirlpool :blush:

why go somewhere else... can we expand this then...
But what exactly are you trying to achieve with this new branch Peedon? Obviously this is the Digital TV forum, and queries relating to using a PC to view / record digital TV have a place to go. Discussions on Bioshock or AMD v Intel can in a pinch go in OT but their are forums much more suited to these topics.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

I second a new sub-forum.

'Peedons Silly Questions Sub Forum' - where only peedon has access :)

Actually, im sure vasili will let you have a new sub-forum on his forum, you might even be able to be a mod :wub:

Cheers,

Bitey

Discussions on Bioshock or AMD v Intel can in a pinch go in OT but their are forums much more suited to these topics.

Which was the point I was trying to make ...

I wouldn't mind a Trading subforum!!

I agree. There are so many "For Sale" items that pop up on these forums. With xmas/new year approaching, you know there are going to be more!

We would need some basic rules. Only HT related gear: not your cat or your car. :)

Also, all items listed should be available for sale directly to group members. Not just a re-direct to an ebay listing.

We are a HT forum, there are planty of discussion areas here and to keep expanding to cater for everyones needs is just going to make it a plethora of subjects not related to HT.

You want PC stuff, go to Whirlpool :blush:

I kind of think the line between PCs and HT is getting a little blurred (as so many people are doing HTPC these days) - you have a digital tuner card sub forum - what's the pont of that alone (OK I know it has network media players as well). I've been to other forums and frankly I get better responses form here - take my little NAS project for example. Why would you let me discuss that here, because it's related to HT...

Can we stay on topic on this one please? If you want to discuss a trading forum post elsewhere - and Mr Bitey can you stop the personal attacks, I'm beginning to get a bit paranoid..

Peedon, your setting yourself up to be shot down. Just stay cool B)B)B) ......relax....peace bro......

I agree. There are so many "For Sale" items that pop up on these forums. With xmas/new year approaching, you know there are going to be more!

We would need some basic rules. Only HT related gear: not your cat or your car. :)

Also, all items listed should be available for sale directly to group members. Not just a re-direct to an ebay listing.

This has already been requested and denied before.

The forum owners do not promote "for sale" ads, and having a for sale forum would be seen as encouraging them.

Peedon, your setting yourself up to be shot down. Just stay cool B)B)B) ......relax....peace bro......

that hasn't happened already ?? I wasn't the one making personal attacks on people was I?? OK maybe a few liberal politicians, but I think you and I at least agree they deserve it..

:im offended:

Here I am trying to provide some light hearted constructive advice on how to get some more screen-time for your array of engaging questions and im up on charges of personal attacks! :o .. You may as well have painted me red with Trolls blood and yelled out "Here Dragon Dragon Dragon, Dinney! Ding Ding Ding!"

:humph:

Bitey.

I second a new sub-forum.

'Peedons Silly Questions Sub Forum' - where only peedon has access :)

Actually, im sure vasili will let you have a new sub-forum on his forum, you might even be able to be a mod :wub:

Cheers,

Bitey

and that's not a personal attack??

:im offended:

Here I am trying to provide some light hearted constructive advice on how to get some more screen-time for your array of engaging questions and im up on charges of personal attacks! :o .. You may as well have painted me red with Trolls blood and yelled out "Here Dragon Dragon Dragon, Dinney! Ding Ding Ding!"

:humph:

Bitey.

sarcasm will get you everywhere, so you know what Bitey, I give up - you win - I'm gone

Edited by peedon