Pioneer 8th Generation 508/428 Kuro Group Buy

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey,clarky here im anewbie better count me in for full hd 50'' kuro was looking at hitachi and pana but i think it might have to be kuro if price is good , cheers how do i register im a computer dummie.

Hi clarky,

Before you sign up, I would ask you to think long and hard about putting your name on the list. You seem to have had a number of valid criticisms regarding other plasma panels made by Panasonic and Hitachi, so I would really suggest that you wait to see this TV to ensure that it meets your needs. I would not want you to pay for an item that you are disappointed with.

Having said that, if you are certain (like me!) that you would like a model, then follow the link in my signature and follow the directions provided.

I would like to take this opportunity to highlight to all potential GB members that membership is for people who are serious about purchasing this TV. If you are not sure that you will be buying this TV, then please wait until you are certain that this is the TV that you want. If we have a number of people who are not serious, then that creates a potential risk to dozens of honest people who have worked very hard at acheiving a low price, and puts at risk a group who has spent many an hour working hard to cough up the dough to buy this product.

I simply ask any potential member that you weigh up your actions seriously, as this will be a large kindness to many others.

Edited by -GruG-

I put an interest in for the Sony XBR GB and even though i am undecided (bloody 508XD) was blown away by the whole Bravia GB experience, even down to the retailers help with freight charges to SA....

I have a feeling than Oct 1st will sway you to our side mikeals. :D

Parts of this group buy have been modelled on the success of the Bravia GB, and I hope to at least achieve the same level of success as has been seen there.

I have a feeling than Oct 1st will sway you to our side mikeals. :D

Parts of this group buy have been modelled on the success of the Bravia GB, and I hope to at least achieve the same level of success as has been seen there.

form everything i have read in the press, i think you may be right......the whole point of people at the launch thinking the 720p was 1080p may have been a deal breaker, just hope this GB can get the price down to similar % to the Sony GB...

yea grug really want to see one first but will this be to late for the gb? thought i would put name on list pending price and pq is that the go? having trouble getting on the list maybe i dont have enough posts? can you send me a link straight to the list if not i will try again i am a computer donkey. cheers. :blink:

yea grug really want to see one first but will this be to late for the gb? thought i would put name on list pending price and pq is that the go?

Hi Clarky,

It's fine, we're not looking to negotiate the GB any time soon, let alone close it! Rest assured, I'll find a way to make sure that everyone knows if the cut off date is approaching!

Putting your name on the list pending pricing and PQ will be fine. Just make sure to update your entry when you have a sec to check the sets out. :)

I put my name down on the recent Panasonic Plasma group buy, the one that almost got derailed when the prices were leaked, but I decided not to go through with it. The main reason was that I subsequently heard about the Pioneer Kuros. I'm certain that this had no effect on the people who did buy one, but I thought I'd make sure that you knew about this, GruG.

I am definitely interested in this panel, but I am NOT going to express an interest in this GB until the sets are out and I have a chance to see one AND to see where the street prices initially settle.

I put my name down on the recent Panasonic Plasma group buy, the one that almost got derailed when the prices were leaked, but I decided not to go through with it. The main reason was that I subsequently heard about the Pioneer Kuros. I'm certain that this had no effect on the people who did buy one, but I thought I'd make sure that you knew about this, GruG.

I am definitely interested in this panel, but I am NOT going to express an interest in this GB until the sets are out and I have a chance to see one AND to see where the street prices initially settle.

Hi brumby,

Thanks for making me aware. Short of building a written confidentiality agreement into the sign up process, I am doing all I can to ensure that the confidentiality of the GB is maintained. Ultimately though, it is up to the members involved, and I am trying to remind all members at every opportunity that if they talk about prices, they will only end up hurting their own chances of getting a low price as well as the chances of dozens of other people who have managed to keep their mouths shut.

And waiting to see the TV set is highly advised. However, judging by all reports, it seems likely you won't be disappointed.

Hope to see your name on the list over the coming weeks brumby! If you're interested in the weekly communication I sent out today regarding to progress of the GB to date, then let me know.

Looks like the numbers (buyers) are going to be as good. Just hope you get them up to the levels of the Sony GB.. From memory it was around 70 when the details were finalised, but now the list is huge.

Edited by Melcrow

yeah im interested in both 50" models more so the LX50, dependant on price and time of GB. Ideally wait a bit and allow competition between new panasonic full hd plasmas and sony full hd LCDs to drive prices lower over christmas period then take advantage of the GB after xmas. I feel retailers will have mass stocks for christmas anyway and will be reluctant to offer good discounts with steady demand. Everyone gonna want a Kuro!

yeah im interested in both 50" models more so the LX50, dependant on price and time of GB. Ideally wait a bit and allow competition between new panasonic full hd plasmas and sony full hd LCDs to drive prices lower over christmas period then take advantage of the GB after xmas. I feel retailers will have mass stocks for christmas anyway and will be reluctant to offer good discounts with steady demand. Everyone gonna want a Kuro!

We'll definitely be watching the prices very carefully before choosing the best time to jump in!

However, it seems a few members would like their sets before Christmas is upon us, so I am suggesting that we move early December/late November.

This is by no means decided, and is open for debate. It is likely we will not decide until much closer to that period. I would particularly like to hear from people who have witnessed pricing cycles post-Christmas on flat panel TVs.

As you point out, perhaps everyone will want a Kuro. I am hoping that demand will not be that strong, and retailers will continue to push their Panasonic/Samsung/Sony 1080p models over decent 720p ones like the Kuro may be. However, we will need to keep an eye on demand as well. We don't want to time our GB to coincide with an extended wait for stock across Australia.