Pioneer 8th Generation 508/428 Kuro Group Buy

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q: I haven't seen the TV yet. Why should I register my interest?

A: Good question. Don't register your interest if you haven't seen the TV. That would be the smart thing to do. However, if you're a victim of marketing/hype/Pioneer-love and are already sure about it, then post below.

I would like to register my interest - pending a viewing of the product of course ;)

Target size/resolution: 50inch / 720p Kuro.

Timeframe: I am prepared to wait till Feb 08 - but ideally I would like to have one before the end of the year.

Target price: Around $4.5k - If the GB could come in below that, obviously I would be delighted.

Cheers,

Mark

Target size/resolution: 50inch / 720p Kuro.

Timeframe: I am prepared to wait till Feb 08 - but ideally I would like to have one before the end of the year.

Target price: Around $4.5k - If the GB could come in below that, obviously I would be delighted.

I'd like to register my interest as well, same details as brisvegas1 (including timeframe). I have a feeling this GB is going to be HUGE!

I watched the first episode of planet earth tonight on a SD 68cm crt thinking the whole time i wish this was on the 508! Now I have decided not too watch anymore of it until its on a decent screen.

this is what i posted in the other pioneer thread for those that haven't seen it...

inside the worlds best plasma!

http://www.smarthouse.com.au/TVs_And_Large...Plasma/W8L3X7W5

Pricing & availability:

PDP-508XDA (October / rrp $5,699)

PDP-428XDA (October / rrp $4,699)

PDP-LX508A (October / rrp $7,499)

PDP-LX608A (October / rrp $11,999)

another interesting article

http://www.smarthouse.com.au/TVs_And_Large...Plasma/K7D6A5N9

The FAQ has been updated. That was fast hey!

This update (1.01):

-Minor formatting changes

-Information about other Kuro thread

-Information regarding RRP (thanks to MrTypeR)

-Information regarding sign up procedure - it is important that all those who have already expressed interest contact me with an email address and postcode.

Please post if you think other information should be added to the FAQ.

I watched the first episode of planet earth tonight on a SD 68cm crt thinking the whole time i wish this was on the 508! Now I have decided not too watch anymore of it until its on a decent screen.

he he same here. I've decided to hold off seeing certain movies until i get my hands on a Kuro. :D

I'm interested in taking part of this group buy.

I'm located in Hawthorn, Melbourne and would be interested in a PDP-LX508A.

Hi Solistics,

As stated in the FAQ, I require a bit more information.

As you have just signed up, your PM messaging service is disabled. Feel free to rack up 5 posts over in this thread here.

Until I get the information through PM, I will have to assume that you are not part of the GB.

I will add this information to the FAQ for future reference.