Dos Anyone Own And Xbox 360 And Ps3?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, i have both.

I'm more of a movie man than a gaming man and the PS3 was my cheapest option for getting a blu-ray player, cost me $450AUD in Hong Kong earlier this year. For that price it was a no-brainer.

I also have the Xbox 360 as i believe its a better gaming console than the PS3 due to two factors...

1 - the amount of games available

2 - i much prefer the xbox 360 controller, the PS3 controller can give me cramp.

I purchased a dedicated hd dvd player from the US last year so have no need for the Xbox 360 hd dvd add-on.

If i did not have the opportunity to get the PS3 at such a low price i wouldn't currently have one.

I agree with everything brooksy has said, except that I bought the 360 HD DVD addon so I can watch HD DVDs in my bedroom (I have a standalone for the HT room).

The PS3 was an easy choice as a subsidised BD player, but I would have been well and truly upset if I bought it as a games console.

I have both.

360 for gaming

PS3 for Blu-ray and a bit of gaming (a.k.a. Warhawk)

Their respective media player capabilities (BD aside) never really floated my boat as I use a PC for that. Though I did buy a SACD for my PS3 out of curiousity. I haven't bought the HDDVD add on for my 360 because I don't like the lack of "HD" sound support.

When you talk about buying a PS3 because of games which aren't available on the 360, which ones do you mean? Eventually the PS3 will have some heavy hitting exclusives, but right now (unless you are the worlds biggest warhawk fan) the argument for buying one just for gaming doesn't stack up IMO.

Yeah I now have both.

PS3 to watch Blu-ray

Xbox360 to play games

exactly

the ps3 atm is a terrible games console. no great exclusive games and the most uncomfortable controllers in existence. no rumble feature either.

for games. its really a no brainer. reliability aside, the 360 is the best games console made ever

we have both. 360 is great, son likes fps, although he's playing the ps3 right now . me rpg ( he got me enchanted arms on the 360 for my birthday) so it's basically a dvd player for us until a game i like is released. going for the Wii too. daughter wants the mario games, why can't kids ever agree on a single system, eg. The One I Want .don't even mention a d*** DS ( she saw the chocobo tales game) or i may just scream. or here's a thought "what if all games were multi platform?? this would be great for my budget. we date back to nes.

I have both and use both mainly for gaming. But I have heaps more games for the 360 than ps3 at the moment. Sorta bought a PS3 cos i'm a playstation fan and am waiting for the games i want (MGS4 and FF13). I also use the PS3 to upscale my DVDs and watch a bit of blu-ray.

Edited by penguin

I have both. The 360 for gaming and the PS3 for blu-ray.

I know I'll get accused of fanboism or having ulterior motives, but the PS3 is a POS for games. Everytime I go into a store I look for something half decent to get to play on it and nothing. And anything I might be interested in is on the 360 anyway. Then if I check the reviews, the 360 version runs smoother (eg The Darkness). Seriously, when I get a standalone Blu-ray player it will be nigh impossible to justify keeping it.

Depending on what you consider "in existence" but the Dreamcast and the original Xbox controllers were worse. I don't mind the PS3's controllers, but they certainly aren't as good as the 360's - those things are a triumph of ergonomic design.

the big x box controllers were average but still better than a ps controller. the smaller xbox controllers were beautiful. the 360 controllers are just brilliant

the big x box controllers were average but still better than a ps controller. the smaller xbox controllers were beautiful. the 360 controllers are just brilliant

i found the ps2 controllers to be better than the old xbox controllers... mainly cos i didn't like the 6 face buttons. The 360 controllers are easily the best ones tho

Seems like almost everyone uses the PS3 for a Blu Ray player. Interesting. I guess when you look at the games that you can get now they are all on 360. Once Metal Gear Solid 4 comes out and Maybe Final Fantasy 13 then its going to be good. I wanna buy a ps3 but i shall wait for the duel shock 3 to be included in the pack (and maybe better backwards compatibility).

I currently have the XBox 360 but have been looking at the PS3 due to some games I can't get on the XBox and better multimedia functions.

Cheers

I agree with most comments. The 360 is by far the best for gaming and the better HD-DVD format.

I got the PS3 for Blu-ray and thats about all I use it for.

As for the PS3 having better multimedia functions, the only thing in my experience that the PS3 does better than the 360 in this area is viewing photos off a Compact Flash card.

I have both consoles. I rarely turn the PS3 on but thats only coz they are taking their time getting any decent games out (Gran Turismo 5 Prologue here i come). I like its media playing abilities but i still feel its far lacking. But the fact it'll play my HiDef content in MPEG2 and h264 is good. I have no doubt great games are coming for the PS3. Some of which have begun to come now. GRAW2, CoD4 soon etc. I did hope to use it to play Blu-ray but considering the fsckers never sent me my free BD i havnt bought one yet and i'm considering the HD-DVD player for 360 *only* because Transformers ain't gonna be coming to BD. What a wrought! I might just DL it and burn it to a BD and author my own just to show them up.

The unique games that will come ot the PS3 will make it worth it for me as i will play them a lot and get a huge amount out of them. GT5 for example. I dont have time to play 500 different games so i have to pick great games and give them my time when i get it. :) I hate liking so many things! lol

• 2 weeks later...
Just wondering if anyone owns both the XBox 360 and PS3 and the reasons they thought they needed both.

I currently have the XBox 360 but have been looking at the PS3 due to some games I can't get on the XBox and better multimedia functions.

Cheers

I HAD both...but recently sold my xbox360...PS3 is all you need!