Sign in to follow this  
JasonInMelbourne

Denon Avr-3808 And Avr-4308 Group/power Buy

hey guys, from what I'm reading the AVR-3808CI has been around since 2007 but the new AVR-990 has been around since 2009, if I was going to get one would I be better with the 990 given it's a new machine but around the same price. Or am I missing something here and the 3808 kills the 990...

Don't think the 990 is available in Australia - you'd be looking at the 3310 instead.

Also, I don't think you're missing anything, the 3310/990 is a similar beast to the 3808 .. add an HDMI, lose a couple of other interfaces. Lose a large amount of weight, lose a little output power. Gain IIz support and some other stuff...

http://www.audioproducts.com.au/ProductInf...x?pid=AVR3310BK

http://www.audioproducts.com.au/ProductInf...?pid=AVR3808ABK

Don't think the 990 is available in Australia - you'd be looking at the 3310 instead.

Also, I don't think you're missing anything, the 3310/990 is a similar beast to the 3808 .. add an HDMI, lose a couple of other interfaces. Lose a large amount of weight, lose a little output power. Gain IIz support and some other stuff...

http://www.audioproducts.com.au/ProductInf...x?pid=AVR3310BK

http://www.audioproducts.com.au/ProductInf...?pid=AVR3808ABK

4.9kg less, that's a fair amount of weight..............as Jason has already mentioned, the 4310 is the replacement for the 3808.

The 3310 may be the return of the 33 series :unsure:

cheer

Edited by MACCA350

I was very close to buying a 3808A for a great price until I heard about the new models coming out which has got me a bit confused.

Should I wait and get a 4310 if its only going to be a few hundred $$$'s more....is it going to be worth it?

Should I wait and get a 4310 if its only going to be a few hundred $$$'s more....is it going to be worth it?

It seems to be more than a few $$ more. Is the replacement stepped between the old 3808 and 4308?

The Denon 2010 Australian product launch is this week, so hopefully I'll have some more info for you guys soon.

It seems to be more than a few $$ more. Is the replacement stepped between the old 3808 and 4308?

pretty much..

the processor side is a step forward, but the amp side is a definate step down from the 4308 and possibly even the 3808 by the looks of it.

there is also a 4810 to follow later on.

The Denon 2010 Australian product launch is this week, so hopefully I'll have some more info for you guys soon.

good to see denon bringing it promptly to the local market here jason, will they keep dvd region free as they have with previous players I wonder. hopefully the 4010 universal soon to follow as well :)

good to see denon bringing it promptly to the local market here jason, will they keep dvd region free as they have with previous players I wonder. hopefully the 4010 universal soon to follow as well :)

During the presentation they skimmed over DVD and dived into blu-ray. So I'd assume that DVD will still be region free but we won't know for sure until we get stock in.

Hi there,

I recently Puirchased a Pioneer SCLX71 and ain't overall happy with the unit while it looks stunning it lacks top end i feel, i have managed to sell it for $100 less then i Purchased it for. I really want to go DENON this time around i have been checking out the AVR-4308 and know it's old stock now but besides its massive feature range i really want the wifi feature as my tv and home setup is all linked, can anyone help me as were to get a good bargin on this unit or Recommend a alternative Receiver.

Thank you

Hi there,

I recently Puirchased a Pioneer SCLX71 and ain't overall happy with the unit while it looks stunning it lacks top end i feel, i have managed to sell it for $100 less then i Purchased it for. I really want to go DENON this time around i have been checking out the AVR-4308 and know it's old stock now but besides its massive feature range i really want the wifi feature as my tv and home setup is all linked, can anyone help me as were to get a good bargin on this unit or Recommend a alternative Receiver.

Thank you

A forumer just got his Denon 4308 from Singapore for SGD 2,500 shipped

can anyone help me as were to get a good bargin on this unit or Recommend a alternative Receiver.

Just read through this thread.

And of course it would help to know where you are located.

Sorry i'm Located in Sydney City Area

I have a black 4308 for sale in mint condition with 3 year warranty (purchased 01/09/2009)

Works perfectly, no issues at all. It cost me 3.8K but I'll pass it on for 3.4K (4310 sounds strained and tinny compared to 4308)

I can't PM you my contact number, try sending me yours. I'm in ST Leonards.

I have a black 4308 for sale in mint condition with 3 year warranty (purchased 01/09/2009)

Works perfectly, no issues at all. It cost me 3.8K but I'll pass it on for 3.4K (4310 sounds strained and tinny compared to 4308)

I can't PM you my contact number, try sending me yours. I'm in ST Leonards.

Hey thanks for the offer, but i found one for 3200 brand new or i can get from KEC singapore for 2200AUD all costs and GST included which is an absolute steal

Hey thanks for the offer, but i found one for 3200 brand new or i can get from KEC singapore for 2200AUD all costs and GST included which is an absolute steal

Yea, I agree I paid mid $2K's for a 2nd hand one. (Bought I did get a very good deal).

And they are certainly available these days brand new for around the $3K mark.

What are your first impressions of your new receiver, mate?

You are assumming he has bought it :)

BTW, a new 4810 + a 4010 BR player can be had now for $3xxx in Audio House Singapore.

NO THEY DO NOT SHIP.

What are your first impressions of your new receiver, mate?

G'day All,

The '08/'09 series is all but gone. We still have a few 3808's in stock, all black, but if you want silver, we shouldn't have a problem getting that, too.

So keep the e-mails coming and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

Email sent Jason.

Yeah i Haven't Purchased one yet i would have Gone through KEC singapore but they have only silver left,

i have just recently updated all my system to black( speakers,Blu-Ray,) so i have to hang around until i find the black receiver i want which will hopefully be Denon I might even go AVR3808A Absolute hifi in liverpool will do it for 2K, I'm starting to feel i should have kept my Pioneer SC-LX71 :mellow:

Yeah i Haven't Purchased one yet i would have Gone through KEC singapore but they have only silver left,

i have just recently updated all my system to black( speakers,Blu-Ray,) so i have to hang around until i find the black receiver i want which will hopefully be Denon I might even go AVR3808A Absolute hifi in liverpool will do it for 2K, I'm starting to feel i should have kept my Pioneer SC-LX71 :mellow:

Silver sounds just as good! :D

HaHaHaHa silver might even go faster <_< but it will just look out of place you know brand new unit with brand new colour matching home theatre will not only sound good but look good on the eye LOL <_<

HaHaHaHa silver might even go faster <_< but it will just look out of place you know brand new unit with brand new colour matching home theatre will not only sound good but look good on the eye LOL <_<

Well I was all black.

Then bought the 4308 without asking the colour

It came and it was silver

Oh the agony.

Now I don't even think about it.

I just enjoy

Yeah i Haven't Purchased one yet i would have Gone through KEC singapore

Personally, I wouldn't buy any equipment that :

1) I cannot return/exchange within 7 day period (after testing at home)

2) has no local Warranty

BTW, are the units shipped from Singapore covered by Insurance if they're damaged in transit?

Edited by simon6273

Well I was all black.

Then bought the 4308 without asking the colour

It came and it was silver

Oh the agony.

I actually paid more for my silver 3808 :( (different shops).. Can't remember why, maybe the words "premium silver" conned me. The words on a black fasica seems harder to read too. But now it's the only thing that's silver :(...

I'm skipping the xx10 generation and will wait for the v1.4 HDMI instead. And next time, it will be black... :lol: (Unless I can snare a a1hda in Perth at a price I can't refuse).

Personally, I wouldn't buy any equipment that :

1) I cannot return/exchange within 7 day period (after testing at home)

YMMV.. If doing a proper research, and the unit is not a dud, that is unnecessary imo. QC of Japanese made Denons are pretty high imo.

2) has no local Warranty

BTW, are the units shipped from Singapore covered by Insurance if they're damaged in transit?

Warranty is overrated.. :P I blew my 3808 when I first got it.. The repairer told me had I got it locally the warranty will still not cover it.. Thank god it's relatively cheap to fix, but shipping spares from Japan took a while.

Gone are the days when electronics will last 10-20 years.. I'd be happy if it'd go five, if they last too long it's very hard to find a good excuse/reason to upgrade.

if anyone was to buy from KEC Singapore Warranty will be covered in Singapore only so buyer would have to wear the transit costs to and from Singapore, Violet @ KEC is very helpful and their prices destroy AU prices even with the GST we have to pay once the item hits AU i could have had a 4308 for 2200AU,but I have decided to stay local and might even down grade to the AVR3808a, jason is chasing a local 4308 up for me at the moment but if all fails 3808a will more then likely be purchased is 2K a good price for this unit???