Sign in to follow this  
JasonInMelbourne

Denon Avr-3808 And Avr-4308 Group/power Buy

(1) Yes everything was working ok until this afternoon (we have the system only 2 weeks)

92) I saw the display buttom..it made no difference

(3) the pure direct button did nothing...

What is the soft power button?

Ahh that's a bit different.

Do you know if anyone was playing with the remote and then it suddenly stopped working or did it just fail on a new power up or fail in the middle of being used?

For example, on the denon remote it is real easy to change from digital to analogue and the display will stop working.

(1) Yes everything was working ok until this afternoon (we have the system only 2 weeks)

92) I saw the display buttom..it made no difference

(3) the pure direct button did nothing...

What is the soft power button?

Bottom left hand corner of the AVR has two power buttons. If you use the little one to turn off the receiver, leave it off for a few seconds and use the same button to turn it back on this will bring back the missing GUI display.

Bottom left hand corner of the AVR has two power buttons. If you use the little one to turn off the receiver, leave it off for a few seconds and use the same button to turn it back on this will bring back the missing GUI display.

Guys thanks for your replies..

blairy

I have done what you said....has not worked

Maybe try a master reset, I'm not sure of the key combo but it is listed on the manual. You will lose all your settings though.

Hakka.

When you say there's no display are you simply missing the denon menu display or are you not getting any video display at all? Do you get the lcd display on the front of the avr?

Have you tried selecting different inputs on the avr? Occassionally I get this. think it's some sort of hdmi synch thing. Select tuner or net/usb input and it sorts itself out.

Other times I find issue is with panel itself. This freezes and I need to reset my panel (including all settings) to get video back.

Not sure if this helps but might give you some clues. perhaps you could outline what you're trying to do and what's not happening.

Cheers

When you say there's no display are you simply missing the denon menu display or are you not getting any video display at all? Do you get the lcd display on the front of the avr?

Have you tried selecting different inputs on the avr? Occassionally I get this. think it's some sort of hdmi synch thing. Select tuner or net/usb input and it sorts itself out.

Other times I find issue is with panel itself. This freezes and I need to reset my panel (including all settings) to get video back.

Not sure if this helps but might give you some clues. perhaps you could outline what you're trying to do and what's not happening.

Cheers

Thanks yet again

When I turn on the AVR it does not make any sound that it is on. It does not get hotter. The remote turns it on and to standby.

OK so you're using the remote to turn it on and put it back into stand by mode.

Use your remote to turn on the avr. The ring of light around the large power button goes from red to green. Now use the small power button on the front panel of avr to turn it off. This ignores stand by mode and truly turns off your avr. This is the power recycle mentioned above. Turn it back on using the small button. You should now have avr turned on with green light around large power button.

Try different inputs and see how you go.

You seem to be saying that you're not getting any sound no matter what input you use. Make sure you haven't engaged the mute function.

If you're saying that the avr doesn't appear to even be turning on when you use the remote best check power connections, both at wall and rear of avr.

good luck

I've been streaming wav files from my pc to my denon for many months now without issue.

This evening when I tried this my PC comes up OK but then in brackets after PC name it says "Not Authorised"

Tried resetting the network settings for the denon and also rebooted PC - no change.

Anybody know what I'm doing wrong?

Cheers

blairy

Try resetting the share on your PC?

Did that (I think) in the network settings. Disallowed it and then re-allowed it. no difference.

Anyhoo, when I turned it on this morning all is working as expected.

Cheers

blairy

For those interested the avs forum has a few threads topics (whatever) re the up and coming range of AVR's from Denon...the nn10 series.

Word is there will be no 3810 series....will now have a 3310 and a 4810, 5810...

Bearing in mind the flagship model in Aust was previously the 4308 I wonder where that wil leave us.

Of course lot of speculation and won't hit our shores for even longer yet.

blairy

Of course lot of speculation and won't hit our shores for even longer yet.

I wonder if any of 'em will do DLNA video..:) Now for me personally a feature like that will be tempting, but of coz I already know the answer from my minister of war... :(

I wonder what price the Australia distributor will want this time... :ninja:

Greetings All,

Lately there has been a resurgeance of interest in this group buy/offer. The most common questions are:

1. Is it still open?

2. Does it extend to newer models?

The answer is YES to both.

As the PM's are coming thick and fast, and since all Inboxes will be cleared in a matter of weeks, can I please refer you to Post 14 in this thread where you can e-mail me for more information.

Thanks for your continued interest.

Hi again,

We've got further discounts being offerred to DTV Forum members on the following models

If you're interested, please contact me at

avr3808@hotmail.com

avr4308@hotmail.com

or

denonstuff@hotmail.com

and I'll get back to you as quick as I can.

Hi there,

Thought I'd show some interest in this one - email sent!

smeggett

EDIT: nvm, must check emails first before posting :)

Edited by sanitarium

Thanks for the e-mails, everyone.

Just an apology in advance if I don't get a chance to answer your inquiry for a few days. The end of the financial year has meant that my day job is keeping at the office until very late.

But keep them coming and I'll get to them in the end.

G'day All,

The '08/'09 series is all but gone. We still have a few 3808's in stock, all black, but if you want silver, we shouldn't have a problem getting that, too.

The 2010 series has started to trickle in. Here are the RRP's and the schedule we've been advised of:

AVR-4810 $5999 October

AVR-4310 $3999 Soon, replaces 3808

AVR-3310 $2999 Now, replaces 2809

AVR-2310 $1899 in stock

AVR-1910 $1399 in stock

So keep the e-mails coming and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

Edited by JasonInMelbourne

G'day All,

The '08/'09 series is all but gone. We still have a few 3808's in stock, all black, but if you want silver, we shouldn't have a problem getting that, too.

The 2010 series has started to trickle in. Here is the schedule we've been advised of:

AVR-4810 November

AVR-4310 Soon, replaces 3808

AVR-3310 Now, replaces 2809

AVR-2310 in stock

AVR-1910 in stock

So keep the e-mails coming and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

Hi Jason,

Do you mind posting up the RRP's for the above?

thanks

Hi Jason,

Do you mind posting up the RRP's for the above?

thanks

Well, that was a bit of an oversight!! Thanks for the heads up. See edited post above.

hey guys, from what I'm reading the AVR-3808CI has been around since 2007 but the new AVR-990 has been around since 2009, if I was going to get one would I be better with the 990 given it's a new machine but around the same price. Or am I missing something here and the 3808 kills the 990...

thanks for helping a learner out..