Denon Avr-3808 And Avr-4308 Group/power Buy

what a joke.

many would recall the unexpected and controversial price hike the 3808 and 4308 had over the previous models when they came out and the pathetic justification from Audio Products Group at the time.

the reality was it was a blatant grab for cash - and that was when the dollar was strong.....now here they are going back in for another dip.

people should send these rip-off merchants a clear message and either give denon a miss or import.

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course street prices will be less. And one needs to factor in that just about everything is going up 20% next year because of the weakened Oz$.

Weakened?

It's at close to 70c at the moment.

And I didn't see the prices plummeting in all that time that it was up in the 90s.

Nothing but a complete and utter rort.

Weakened?

And I didn't see the prices plummeting in all that time that it was up in the 90s.

Not sure I get what you are saying. Surely a drop of the A$ against the US$ from 0.96 to 0.70 is a 30% drop in value of the A$.

There were some pretty good deals around when the dollar was at 0.96. Way below RRP and way below the standard 15 or so percent that one can normally expect for street prices.

Denon need to get rid of these pricks and handle their own distribution in Australia, like they do everywhere else in the world.

If and when the dollar recovers does anyone think we'll see a price cut from APG - not a chance.

Hakka.

Denon need to get rid of these pricks and handle their own distribution in Australia, like they do everywhere else in the world.

If and when the dollar recovers does anyone think we'll see a price cut from APG - not a chance.

Hakka.

No argument there!!

Weakened?

No longer there I'm afraid.. It takes like 2-3 days for the AUD to rise 3c against the USD, but just 3 minutes to drop by the same amount. That bank does not have the best day rate, but it's just what I use for now..

From the table you can also see the Yen is significantly stronger.

+1.. Or banana money, the buying power of the AUD is significantly reduced.

On the bright side of things, Denon owners will suddenly see an appreciation in their assets.. ^_^ I told my wife years ago all this spending is actually an investment, come a few days/months time that statement will not be a lie any more... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Come next year my cheap setup will be worth 2-3x more... Too bad that's juz bracket creep, it wouldn't sound 3x better though :rolleyes: ...

Let's just say my heart sank when I saw these coming prices.

Just paid $4000aud for the Denon AVR4308 today at a well known shop in footscray melbourne - Siver finish. (to match my gold/silver finish of existing Denon AVR3805.

This Amp will be used in a custom HT currently being built by me.

Think current retail was $4999.00 so im happy with a $1000 off rrp. Was told by Wayne at this shop the RRP they are getting in will be $5590.00 ie almost aud5600! That seems to contradict what Jason price was ie $100 more on top of his price mentioned even.

Tried emailing on that hotmail address re GB Jason gave up after it bounced back on multiple times and you delete PM without reading from what you said in your email.

How does this price stack up from those who purchased recently??? No way I could afford the after Jan 1 09 price.

thanks

Sean

Edited by Sean_Melb

Count me in!

I'm glad that i've imported all my denon gear since the late 90's and just recently thought that my next denon purchase would be local, well didn't that just get flushed down the toilet!

The prices that we pay have no justification at all. I thought i'd have problems updating my amps with the audessy upgrade but just a week or so ago i was given the all clear from denon hk and upgraded them for $180 which i think was around the same price here.

Edited by ministry

Think current retail was $4999.00 so im happy with a $1000 off rrp. Was told by Wayne at this shop the RRP they are getting in will be $5590.00 ie almost aud5600! That seems to contradict what Jason price was ie $100 more on top of his price mentioned even.

That's a pretty good price, Sean. I'd be happy with that.

Tried emailing on that hotmail address re GB Jason gave up after it bounced back on multiple times and you delete PM without reading from what you said in your email.

Dunno why it's bouncing for you. I've been getting several e-mails on all addresses over the last few days and have replied without a problem.

Just a thought here guys but has anyone thought about all of us complaining here doing a bulk complaint via email to Denon USA about the pricing issues

I think Denon Japan "looks after" Australia, so if there's a complaint to be made about Australian issues, I think it would have to be to them. But I'm not sure how much of the wholesale price is set by APG or Denon.

Also, I undertsand that Denon considers that Australian market a drop in the ocean since they originally weren't going to release a blu-ray player for Australia with Region 4 DVD component. They initally offered APG the European blu-ray player but, obvoiusly, that wouldn't have been acceptable due to Europe being Region 2 DVD.

But I know APG had commit to order a production run of Region 4 DVD blu-ray players, which isn't due to arrive until Feb '09.

The fact that APG had to kick and scream for a blu-ray player with the appropriate DVD Region for Australia is just crazy. And even then it will be well over six months after the rest of the world has had it.

I think Denon Japan "looks after" Australia, so if there's a complaint to be made about Australian issues, I think it would have to be to them. But I'm not sure how much of the wholesale price is set by APG or Denon.

Also, I undertsand that Denon considers that Australian market a drop in the ocean since they originally weren't going to release a blu-ray player for Australia with Region 4 DVD component. They initally offered APG the European blu-ray player but, obvoiusly, that wouldn't have been acceptable due to Europe being Region 2 DVD.

But I know APG had commit to order a production run of Region 4 DVD blu-ray players, which isn't due to arrive until Feb '09.

The fact that APG had to kick and scream for a blu-ray player with the appropriate DVD Region for Australia is just crazy. And even then it will be well over six months after the rest of the world has had it.

I own the DENON dvd-A11 player got 4 years ago - top of the line then but with no hdmi and of course no Bluray player - has DVI which is good. THIS IS multizonal out of box. If Denon think clients even high end clients (paid like $3990 for that DVD player) are going to pay for a Bluray player that is NOT REGION FREE for DVD at least and preferrably blu as well they have rocks in their head Jason.

Edited by Sean_Melb

I own the DENON dvd-A11 player got 4 years ago - top of the line then but with no hdmi and of course no Bluray player - has DVI which is good. THIS IS multizonal out of box. If Denon think clients even high end clients (paid like $3990 for that DVD player) are going to pay for a Bluray player that is NOT REGION FREE for DVD at least and preferrably blu as well they have rocks in their head Jason.

Considering most DVD players are multi-zone out-of -the-box, I really have no idea why they insist on making a Region 4 Blu-ray player, or any of their blu-ray players with Regioned DVD for any market for that matter.

Very curious :blink:

Considering most DVD players are multi-zone out-of -the-box, I really have no idea why they insist on making a Region 4 Blu-ray player, or any of their blu-ray players with Regioned DVD for any market for that matter.

Very curious :blink:

I don't think this is denon...oppo apparently is in the same position with their impending BD player. It's actually a requirement of the offical BD body (whatever it's called).

After travelling around the world and seeing the Denon 1909 for 70000 Yen in Japan and about $500USD in New York, I think that around $900 for the equivalent model at Harvey Norman is pretty good value. We have a 10% GST so the "real" price is about $800AUD which at current exchange rates is good pricing.

No doubt that the lower end models are more appropriatly priced, up to 2309 but above that they get progressively futher away from there 'direct' competition. I too went to Integra mainly due to Denon's ott pricing.

The thing i don't understand is that if it is APG that is causing the problem then why is NAD gear so much more competatively priced, when compared internationaly. Is it a concious decision by APG, perhaps they feel that Denon buyers will buy the higher end models regardless of what price they put on them............they are misguided imo if this is the case. Or is it more likely that they are under some kind of pressure from Denon itself?????

Drew

Hi I have just set up a home theatre system

Denon 3808 Receiver

Epson tw2000 projector

surround speakers

CPU control

Just one problem

The Denon display does not work....

Cannot see why?

Any ideas

Are you able to bring up the denon gui/menu? Perhaps a soft reset (small power button).

Sounds like a set-up problem.

Have you assigned the output correctly on the Denon.

Is the cable to the PJ HDMI or component.

You need to assign which it is and what channel.

Make sure all your inputs are correctly assigned too.

As others have said, more info is required.

Are you able to bring up the denon gui/menu? Perhaps a soft reset (small power button).

(1) Yes everything was working ok until this afternoon (we have the system only 2 weeks)

92) I saw the display buttom..it made no difference

(3) the pure direct button did nothing...

What is the soft power button?