Should I Buy A Ps3 From Hong Kong?

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody got a list of Region B titles that will work on Region A, I have found a few websites but they relates to UK releases. So would that affect us here?

This is of course to play on a PS3

Check the Blu ray thread for an entire list of region free discs all maintained in house and up to date

Thanks very much for the input guys.

Will there ever be some kind of crack that will allow all regions to be played on the PS3 or is it a hardware issue?

Yes, their already has been apparently, however, since the ps3 updates its self once connected to the net, it will make it fairly hard for people to develop a "crack" that will last.

I believe thats correct. When you look at the ps3 it should have a sticker telling you the voltage. I understood that PS3's have universal powersupplies. as you said change the cord and your all good (but make sure the sticker says 220 - 240v 50hz just be triple check.)

You guys been reading the new thread (in this forum) about a new PS3 that stopped working just 10 mins into playing Assassin Creed??

http://www.dtvforum.info/index.php?showtopic=57428

Well, just take this into consideration if you plan to buy it overseas. No risk, no gain... I suppose....

Edited by bernng

Just got a text from my mate in Hong Kong.

He got an 80gig ps3 3 controllers and a game for around about $450 Aus.

illusionzzz, can you tell us what shop your friend bought this from and what game he got?

also has anyone else got close to this pricing from hk?

thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I am back from Hong Kong. In the official stores (Sony, Fortress etc) only the 80gig is currently available for around $500Aus. In Golden Shopping Arcade, there are plenty of 40gig white and black available for around $3500Hk. But by then son in Oz had already bought a black 40gig.

I did get three Dual Shock3 controllers though, so will probably put a couple on ebay if son doesnt want them - paid around $65AUS for them - so cheaper than the normal controllers here. I dont think they are being released here until the New Year though.

Just got back from HK as well.........goodies are heaps cheaper there.

Ended buying about 10 PS3 and Psp games altogether along with a number of accessories.

Generally prices were around $350 - $400 HKD for new releases.

Anyone going over there best places are in Golden Arcade Shim Shu Poo or 188 Wan Chai Road in Wan Chai.

• 5 weeks later...

hey first time poster, after researching and reading on this site have decided that i want to import a PS3 for blu ray player and gaming as well. I seem to have gathered that best place to import one from is Hong Kong, any other opinions on this?? and does any one know the best place to find on to purchase online form a reputible retailer at a good price, as i am daunted by this import thing. And with warranty, what happens if somthing goes wrong with it in aus?? thanks in advance, sorry if these seem dumb lol sorry

Well, I am back from Hong Kong. In the official stores (Sony, Fortress etc) only the 80gig is currently available for around $500Aus. In Golden Shopping Arcade, there are plenty of 40gig white and black available for around $3500Hk. But by then son in Oz had already bought a black 40gig.

I did get three Dual Shock3 controllers though, so will probably put a couple on ebay if son doesnt want them - paid around $65AUS for them - so cheaper than the normal controllers here. I dont think they are being released here until the New Year though.

Hi there, just want to know how come the 40G is costing more than the 80G. Currently how much is PS3 40G sell in HK if anyone knows? What is the best deal in HK for 40G now? Is it like 40G with 3x dualshock 3 controller and 1 game? Where to buy it? Please, if there is anyone who can help me. Thanks alot and very appreciated.

PRobably. If it was a 360 then no because the RROD i would want warrenty.

Hi There, I don't quite understand what you trying to say......Probably what??? What 360? Sorry, really don't know what you trying to say.. can you explain more clearly? Thanks..

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I am looking for a reliable source to get HK version of PS3 40G or 60G. Do you have any experience ordering directly from HK. How much would it be in HK?

Both yesasia.com and play-asia.com are offering the Japanese version not the HK version. I am particularly interested in the HK version because it is a PAL country and therefore down converted blu-ray and PS3 games would work on standard PAL TVs. The Japanese version would not work on PAL TVs, I think, because it would generate a NTSC signal after down converting for both blu ray and games.

Best regards.

I'm currently in Shanghai, PS3 prices are about the same as in Australia, but additional colour PSPs are everywhere (blue, pink, red etc). I'll be in HK on the weekend and hunting about for a white PS3 (40/80) and some DS3s, so will post an update on price & availability then (for broadway/fortress, not real keen on golden or 188 for anything but smaller purchases)

Tim

Hi There, I don't quite understand what you trying to say......Probably what??? What 360? Sorry, really don't know what you trying to say.. can you explain more clearly? Thanks..

he is talking about the Xbox 360 and it's Red Ring Of Death (RROD) that occurs frequently with the consoles (up to 33%) but microsoft has extended the warranty with these