Sign in to follow this  
Hosko

New 2007 Bravia X / Xbr Series Group Buy

I'm looking at buying a 46" XBR sometime within the next fortnight. The best price I've found so far is $3840 from a friend working JB Hi-Fi. This is apparently their cost price but he works in a different department and don't know if that's the lowest they'd go. He said he could get a 5 year warranty for $153 on top of that as well. Now I went to the nearby Sony Central store who offered me $3990 for the Bravia and another $500 for the 5 year warranty. I told the guy there that my friend at JB could get the warranty for a lot cheaper, and he said that the warranty JB was offering would only be a store warranty while what Sony Central would be offering a warranty direct from Sony. Anyone know if he was telling the truth? Or are they just trying to squeeze as much profit out of the warranty as possible (or both)?

mark_s: Yes, the 40" XBR includes a free PS3. Refer: http://www.sony.com.au/homecinema/article.jsp?id=4047

All,

I purchased a 52" Bravia XBR on 30th Dec. Details:

WHAT: KDL52XBR

WHEN: 30/12/2007

WHERE: Retravision Knox City, Victoria [original salesman was Len Gardner on 29/12, then Aidan Pivetta on 30/12]

HOW MUCH: Package deal of the TV and 4yr extended warranty - TV invoiced at $5231, +4yr Warranty at $369. Extra $30 to deliver. Delivery ETA mid Jan 2008. Warranty was about $80 more than at Dick Smith Powerhouse, but is provided by AIG (large insurer I've had other insurance with) and apparently mirrors the 1yr Sony Warranty.

MAILED: Not yet, waiting on TV to be delivered for serial number.

Another relative of mine then purchased the 46" from the same salesman on 31/12, paid $3750 for the TV. Both of us wanted to take advantage of the Amex offer (10 bonus points for every $ spent at certain electrical stores) that finished 31/12.

cheers

Kevin

Hey Kevin,

Fancy seeing you here Happy New year!!! Sounds like you got a good price for the 52" Bravia XBR. Can you get me a copy of the receipt? I'll use it to try and haggle the JB guy at the Watergardens store.

Cheers,

Tom

Andrew / Cajo

Can you please also email me a copy of the receipt? I am very interested in getting the 46XBR.

My email address is kpadlard_gmail.com (replace the _ with @)

thanks

Kevin

That's a great price .

can someone also send me a copy of the receipt for the 46"xbr ?

My e-mail address is berean_mountains@yahoo.com

Bought a 46" XBR today at Harvey Norman Sunshine for $3760 which included a HDMI Cable that had a retail price of $80 and also PS3 redemption.

Did not want to take the offer of extended warranty. Have not heard any complaints from this model so I take the risk.

Went and visited over the past 2 days: Clive Peters (Braybrook), JB HI-FI (Watergardens & Highpoint), Retravision (Watergardens & Sunshine), Good Guys (Watergardens & Highpoint) and Harvey Norman topped them all off. Was suprised JB-Hi-Fi couldn't match or do better!!!

Just to let people know that stock of the 'X' is certainly sold out everywhere in the above stores and limited stock of 'XBR' only left in a few.

Harvey Norman Sunshine do a better deal on the XBR than the X as they have bucket loads of XBR in stock.

Hello cajo ,

That's a great deal.

Can I get a copy of the receipt ?

my e-mail address is berean_mountains@yahoo.com

thank you.

allan

mark_s: Yes, the 40" XBR includes a free PS3. Refer: http://www.sony.com.au/homecinema/article.jsp?id=4047

All,

I purchased a 52" Bravia XBR on 30th Dec. Details:

WHAT: KDL52XBR

WHEN: 30/12/2007

WHERE: Retravision Knox City, Victoria [original salesman was Len Gardner on 29/12, then Aidan Pivetta on 30/12]

HOW MUCH: Package deal of the TV and 4yr extended warranty - TV invoiced at $5231, +4yr Warranty at $369. Extra $30 to deliver. Delivery ETA mid Jan 2008. Warranty was about $80 more than at Dick Smith Powerhouse, but is provided by AIG (large insurer I've had other insurance with) and apparently mirrors the 1yr Sony Warranty.

MAILED: Not yet, waiting on TV to be delivered for serial number.

Another relative of mine then purchased the 46" from the same salesman on 31/12, paid $3750 for the TV. Both of us wanted to take advantage of the Amex offer (10 bonus points for every $ spent at certain electrical stores) that finished 31/12.

cheers

Kevin

Hello Kadlard,

That is a exccellent deal and congratulation. I am particularly intrested on this model as well, would it be possilbe for you to send me a copy of your receipt please, would be much appreciated about that. My E-mail address: taotaolou@yahoo.com.hk.

My best Price for Sony Bravia 52X3100 was $5150 which included 4 years additional warranty.

I originally got that price from HN Maitland with 2 years add warranty. Bing Lee at Thornton matched it and upped the ante with 4 years add warranty which JB Hi Fi at Kotara (Newcastle) and Joyce Main at Bennets Green also matched.

However the only store that had stock was Joyce Mayne so I picked it up from there on the 2nd Jan.

Note: Found out that the Harvey Norman and Joyce Main (Same company) extended warranty does not cover fair wear and tear although JB HiFi and Good Guys claim their's do.

Craig Maitland NSW

Edited by cruiserman_80

My best Price for Sony Bravia 52X was $5150 which included 4 years additional warranty.

I originally got that price from HN Maitland with 2 years add warranty. Bing Lee at Thornton matched it and upped the ante with 4 years add warranty which JB Hi Fi at Kotara (Newcastle) and Joyce Main at Bennets Green also matched.

However the only store that had stock was Joyce Mayne so I picked it up from there on the 2nd Jan.

Note: Found out that the Harvey Norman and Joyce Main (Same company) extended warranty does not cover fair wear and tear although JB HiFi and Good Guys claim their's do.

Craig Maitland NSW

Hello Cruiserman,

Congratulation to you fantastic purchased. What is the model you exactly purchased? 52X3100 or 52XBR?

Cheers

Lou

WHAT: KDL40XBR

WHEN: 05/01/2008

WHERE: Jb hi fi

HOW MUCH: $3161 for tv + $339 for extended 5 years warranty

Hello Cruiserman,

Congratulation to you fantastic purchased. What is the model you exactly purchased? 52X3100 or 52XBR?

Cheers

Lou

Hey Lou

Purchased 52X3100. Couldnt see the value in paying extra for metal fascia. Was more interested in the quality of the panel itself then the surround. (actually I also found the transperant trim on the Sony a negative, I mean its so 2007 ;) ) plus it tends to throw an artifact / reflection on the wall behind which can be a little distracting. However I bought it for the quality of the panel and the panel is outstanding. The PS3 made it even better value.

PS Does anyone know if you can program a skip on Digital Channels so you dont have to scroll through all the digital radio and 5 versions of the same program??

WHAT: KDL46XBR

WHEN: 5/01/2008

WHERE: The Good Guys, Brighton, Victoria [salesman: Dean Glew]

HOW MUCH: Package deal of the TV and 2yr extended warranty and delivery ($3838)

TV - $3600

2 Yr Warranty - $200

Delivery $38.

DELIVERY: Got delivered 2 hours after puchase :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I live approx 30 mins away from Brighton

MAILED: Not yet, will do this tomorrow.

Cheers

Xan

Edited by xanataus

I bought my Sony 40" x3100 from David jones for $3300 with 5 yrs Warranty and 5yrs Interest free period. I also bought Pioneer sound system with 3 yrs warranty for $700.