Sign in to follow this  
Hosko

New 2007 Bravia X / Xbr Series Group Buy

G'day All

I'm looking to buy either the 40" or 46" X series Sony Bravia (with the free PS3). How do I go about participating in a GB ? I live in Country WA, 200kms away from Perth... Has anyone been given a great deal ? Latest I've seen is $3885 from HN in the west australian newspaper.... seen or bought better ???

Thanking you in advance.

G'day All

I'm looking to buy either the 40" or 46" X series Sony Bravia (with the free PS3). How do I go about participating in a GB ? I live in Country WA, 200kms away from Perth... Has anyone been given a great deal ? Latest I've seen is $3885 from HN in the west australian newspaper.... seen or bought better ???

Thanking you in advance.

I assume this is with a 46" model?

Is there a deal with 40" model?

Managed to get this tele yesterday for $5500, paid on Amex (which has a 10points for every dollar spent when >$400 @ DSE), which was fairly easy to negotiate to (from DSE).

Extended warranty was on top, it cost $250 for 4 extra years.

In the end great deal i thought, means a free international trip, free PS3! Thanks dtv

Hi all,

I haven't read this thread, so please don't bite me if the info is already there (it's 100 pages long! :wacko: )

I'm interested in a 52" XBR, and noticed the RRP was $6,799...what seems to be a good price for this one? and is there going to be a group buy on this item? It seems to be the largest I can find and the best of it's size...and with the free PS3, it's good value! :D (even tho I already have one, I'll sell it and make some cash back :P )

Can anyone let me know? Thanks!! :D

Also, I'm located in Newcastle NSW, if that's relevant.

I assume this is with a 46" model?

Is there a deal with 40" model?

G'day Iceman

Yeah that price is for the 46" the 40" is listed at $3195. It was a full page ad in thursday's west.

I just got a 40" xbr for $3160 in Brisbane. Not to sure if its a good price but I'm happy...... :) Free PS3 :D

Edited by pharves

I just got a 40" xbr for $3160 in Brisbane. Not to sure if its a good price but I'm happy...... :) Free PS3 :D

That's a great price !! Where from ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KDL46X3100

best price so far for me is:

sony 46" KDL46X3100 on AMEX @ 5yrs wty $3805 + free PS3 (40gig)

Anyone done/seen better than this?

hey could you scan the receipt and send to my email bwendan@gmail.com

it would be very much appreciated :D

Bought a 46" XBR today at Harvey Norman Sunshine for $3760 which included a HDMI Cable that had a retail price of $80 and also PS3 redemption.

Did not want to take the offer of extended warranty. Have not heard any complaints from this model so I take the risk.

Went and visited over the past 2 days: Clive Peters (Braybrook), JB HI-FI (Watergardens & Highpoint), Retravision (Watergardens & Sunshine), Good Guys (Watergardens & Highpoint) and Harvey Norman topped them all off. Was suprised JB-Hi-Fi couldn't match or do better!!!

Just to let people know that stock of the 'X' is certainly sold out everywhere in the above stores and limited stock of 'XBR' only left in a few.

Harvey Norman Sunshine do a better deal on the XBR than the X as they have bucket loads of XBR in stock.

Edited by cajo

Hi Cajo

Great price on the 46XBR! Any chance you can sent me a copy of the receipt?

Thanks Andrew

email: socom1936@hotmail.com

Bought a 46" XBR today at Harvey Norman Sunshine for $3760 which included a HDMI Cable that had a retail price of $80 and also PS3 redemption.

Did not want to take the offer of extended warranty. Have not heard any complaints from this model so I take the risk.

Went and visited over the past 2 days: Clive Peters (Braybrook), JB HI-FI (Watergardens & Highpoint), Retravision (Watergardens & Sunshine), Good Guys (Watergardens & Highpoint) and Harvey Norman topped them all off. Was suprised JB-Hi-Fi couldn't match or do better!!!

Just to let people know that stock of the 'X' is certainly sold out everywhere in the above stores and limited stock of 'XBR' only left in a few.

Harvey Norman Sunshine do a better deal on the XBR than the X as they have bucket loads of XBR in stock.

That's a great price !! Where from ?

Clive Peters at Aspley. It took a bit talking though. Clive Anthony's at Kedron have them for $3200

Hi Cajo

Great price on the 46XBR! Any chance you can sent me a copy of the receipt?

Thanks Andrew

email: socom1936@hotmail.com

Andrew / Cajo

Can you please also email me a copy of the receipt? I am very interested in getting the 46XBR.

My email address is kpadlard_gmail.com (replace the _ with @)

thanks

Kevin

DXB, have a read of the best price thread and the wiki

http://hdtvprices.pbwiki.com/FrontPage

Larry

Thanks for the wiki link. Is there any way to find out who posted to this wiki, so I can contact them and ask them to send me a receipt? I am particularly interested in the $5300 price for the 52" KDL52XBR from JB Hi Fi at Knox City.

FYI, I went to "Go Audio" in Melbourne Central at lunch time today and the salesman said that the lowest they could go on the 52" was "around $5700", and that $5300 was "impossible because it was below cost".

Thanks

Kevin

hey could you scan the receipt and send to my email bwendan@gmail.com

it would be very much appreciated :D

Bwendon / Nicholas

Could you email me the receipt also - kpadlard_gmail.com (replace the "_" with "@")

Thanks

Kevin

Larry

Thanks for the wiki link. Is there any way to find out who posted to this wiki, so I can contact them and ask them to send me a receipt? I am particularly interested in the $5300 price for the 52" KDL52XBR from JB Hi Fi at Knox City.

FYI, I went to "Go Audio" in Melbourne Central at lunch time today and the salesman said that the lowest they could go on the 52" was "around $5700", and that $5300 was "impossible because it was below cost".

Thanks

Kevin

Hi Kevin

Was 'GO Audio' saying the 52" 'XBR' or the 'X' series was around the $5700?

A friend of a friend of a friend who works in a Retravision store could only do $5499 for the 'X'. Told me its just above cost but I'm not to sure of that.

Hi Kevin

Was 'GO Audio' saying the 52" 'XBR' or the 'X' series was around the $5700?

A friend of a friend of a friend who works in a Retravision store could only do $5499 for the 'X'. Told me its just above cost but I'm not to sure of that.

Jasperdog,

I was talking to the "Go Audio" guy about the XBR - the $5700 price was for the XBR.

cheers

Kevin

Thanks Kevin

Going out tomorrow to buy a 52" X or XBR.

Have the cash ready and haggling skills all tuned up to max.

Will let you know what I achieve.

JD

Guys, I am sure this has been asked before - so apologies in advance - but is there any difference in the X and XBR series apart from the Bezel?

thanks

Kevin

Thanks Kevin

Going out tomorrow to buy a 52" X or XBR.

Have the cash ready and haggling skills all tuned up to max.

Will let you know what I achieve.

JD

Good shopping! By the way, the Go Audio $5700 quote included delivery and installation (on the stand, not onto a wall), and they take the empty boxes away also. Harvey Norman quoted me $65 for delivery. Go Audio also told me they'd give a 2% discount for cash.

Cheers

Kevin

hi kevin

you will need to search the thread to see who got that price for the 52" xbr

Guys, I am sure this has been asked before - so apologies in advance - but is there any difference in the X and XBR series apart from the Bezel?

thanks

Kevin

According to sales guys at HN and Good Guys Maitland (NSW) only difference is the fascia. Specs from Sony brochure seem to support this.

Prices seem to be coming down as I was quoted $5150 for a 52X including 3 years warranty by Harvey Norman at Maitland. (Did not include delivery or install) and I have not even looked at Domayne, JB, Bing Lee in Newcastle yet.

Hi, I just bought a 52 inch bravia xbr from the Good Guys at Capalaba, for $5100. I did also get a panasonic dvd recorder, a kenwood 500w stereo sys (with amp), and a bagless vac, so my total amount was $6100 but I think that was a pretty good deal (salesman was Craig S). As an added bonus, Sony is currently offering a free PS3 by redemption with any Bravia purchase. The next lowest quote I got for the tv alone was $5400 at Good Guys Carseldine (salesman was Sam).

the tv looks fantastic.

Hi, I just bought a 52 inch bravia xbr from the Good Guys at Capalaba, for $5100. I did also get a panasonic dvd recorder, a kenwood 500w stereo sys (with amp), and a bagless vac, so my total amount was $6100 but I think that was a pretty good deal (salesman was Craig S). As an added bonus, Sony is currently offering a free PS3 by redemption with any Bravia purchase. The next lowest quote I got for the tv alone was $5400 at Good Guys Carseldine (salesman was Sam).

the tv looks fantastic.

phoebilly, fantastic fantastic price! If you could be so kind, can you email me your receipt at bakemono at mail.com? Much appreciated.

whats the cheapest price for 40" XBR nowdays?

does it come with free ps3?

mark_s: Yes, the 40" XBR includes a free PS3. Refer: http://www.sony.com.au/homecinema/article.jsp?id=4047

All,

I purchased a 52" Bravia XBR on 30th Dec. Details:

WHAT: KDL52XBR

WHEN: 30/12/2007

WHERE: Retravision Knox City, Victoria [original salesman was Len Gardner on 29/12, then Aidan Pivetta on 30/12]

HOW MUCH: Package deal of the TV and 4yr extended warranty - TV invoiced at $5231, +4yr Warranty at $369. Extra $30 to deliver. Delivery ETA mid Jan 2008. Warranty was about $80 more than at Dick Smith Powerhouse, but is provided by AIG (large insurer I've had other insurance with) and apparently mirrors the 1yr Sony Warranty.

MAILED: Not yet, waiting on TV to be delivered for serial number.

Another relative of mine then purchased the 46" from the same salesman on 31/12, paid $3750 for the TV. Both of us wanted to take advantage of the Amex offer (10 bonus points for every $ spent at certain electrical stores) that finished 31/12.

cheers

Kevin

Edited by kadlard