Sign in to follow this  
Hosko

New 2007 Bravia X / Xbr Series Group Buy

No Gold Coast Group buy but their is a Brisbane Group Buy which I am about to buy from! See earlier and PM the author for details!

Thanks for that mate.

Just sent him a PM :)

Edited by DR.ZOIDBERG

just bought the 46inch X3100 from harvey normans for $4000 including extended 5 year warranty. started at WOW, moved onto good guys and finally at harvey normans offering cash there and then and harvey norman ended up beating them all.

haggle, haggle haggle. ;)

I'm guessing I'm also too late for the GB :(

If not, can someone PM me the details for the Sydney GB? Looking to purchase a 46" X or XBR series

Can somebody please give me the details of the Perth GB?

Got my posts up now so should be able to receive PM's..

Maybe someone should start separate GB threads by location: like GB-Perth, GB-Brisbane, etc.

Maybe someone should start separate GB threads by location: like GB-Perth, GB-Brisbane, etc.

Sounds like a good idea - I'm interested in finding out about the Brisbane group, but don't know who to PM (or whether it's still active).

Can someone let me know the difference between the KDL52XBR and the KDL52X3100?

I've been looking and can't find the answer. Even the "Comparison" page at sony.com.au doesnt say it.

thanks.

http://www.sony.com.au/homecinema/catalog/...tID2=KDL52X3100

The only difference between the KDL52XBR and the KDL52X3100 is the bezel. Check out this thread if you want any more info -> http://www.dtvforum.info/index.php?showtopic=55910

Can someone let me know the difference between the KDL52XBR and the KDL52X3100?

I've been looking and can't find the answer. Even the "Comparison" page at sony.com.au doesnt say it.

thanks.

That comparison page does indeed say it. The two TVs are identical aside from the trimming around the screen, which at $300 extra is only slightly better value that the $500-700 Sony would steal from you for a different coloured plastic bezel that cost a tenth of that (or less) to make :)

Hey! Just wondering if there is still a Melbourne GB running?

Thanks.

Also wondering about the same thing. I'm interested in buying 46/52 X/XBR series.

Thanks.

I would agree with an earlier comment re. prices dropping below $4k

Just been into Bing Lee at Rhodes Shopping Centre (near Ryde, NSW) and although they had a ticket price of $3,999 for the 46inch X series, when questioned that price immediately came down to $3,799.

I see that webprice.com.au have the 52" XBR at $5715, looks like an excellent price ! Anyone do any better for the 52" ?

Thanks

Tim

Can someone please tell me what store is MSY? I've been trolling through trying to remember what places to buy cheap dvi>hdmi cables from. Although I haven't come across the one I was thinking of, MSY has cropped up a couple of times. Selby or Shelby, whatever it is, while looking good, seem a little pricey. Cheers in advance.

Can someone please tell me what store is MSY? I've been trolling through trying to remember what places to buy cheap dvi>hdmi cables from. Although I haven't come across the one I was thinking of, MSY has cropped up a couple of times. Selby or Shelby, whatever it is, while looking good, seem a little pricey. Cheers in advance.

http://www.msy.com.au/

It's mostly a computer store and they usually have the cheapest price available.

Edited by bakemono

I'm guessing I'm also too late for the GB :(

If not, can someone PM me the details for the Sydney GB? Looking to purchase a 46" X or XBR series

Can someone pls PM me the details for the Sydney GB? Looking to purchase a 46" or 52" X or XBR series.

Seems like there's been a huge price drop in the X/XBR series recently. Seen Harvey Norman and JB Selling 46X for 3799 and 46XBR for 3999. People who are in the market may want to hold off their purchases for a few weeks until the dust settles...

http://www.dtvforum.info/index.php?showtopic=56389

Yeah, JB were closed last week when I went past due to stock take. Be keen to see if the sub $4k prices hold out.

Can someone pls PM me the details for the Sydney GB? Looking to purchase a 46" or 52" X or XBR series.

It seems the Sydney GB has finish, which is ashame. Anyways, the prices seem to be dropping so I am sure we can find a reasonable deal around the place.