Sign in to follow this  
Hosko

New 2007 Bravia X / Xbr Series Group Buy

Here are some comparisons between an XBR4 and a Samsung LNT71. The Samsung is on top the sony on the bottom. Both sets are in the same house being fed the same source.

Tennis

Tennis 2

Tennis 3

Woman

Woman 2

Woman 3

In these next ones the XBR4 is half a second behind the Samsung

Girl 1

Girl 2

This one is SD again half a second behind

SD Material

Here are some comparisons between an XBR4 and a Samsung LNT71. The Samsung is on top the sony on the bottom. Both sets are in the same house being fed the same source.

Tennis

Tennis 2

Tennis 3

Woman

Woman 2

Woman 3

In these next ones the XBR4 is half a second behind the Samsung

Girl 1

Girl 2

This one is SD again half a second behind

SD Material

There great shots mate, but have you seen the New Samsung LE46F86BD yet ?

Found this tonight, possibly worth a look,

KDL40XBR for $3595, don't know if the price is a mistake as it's $700 less than Sony's indicating, though havn't seen any other prices to compare it too.

http://www.cworld.com.au/product_info.php?ID=125515

Cheers

Carra

That's a great price, too bad they don't have the new X series which I want so that I can use it for price match / bargaining tool for an even lower price.

Anyway, I went to the local Sony Central and few other retailers, the new X series will be coming to the stores end of this month. Will keep you guys posted when I get the quatation for the price for the group buy if anyone interested.

Edited by beejean

There great shots mate, but have you seen the New Samsung LE46F86BD yet ?

Not yet I'm hoping to be able to compare the two side by side.

Not yet I'm hoping to be able to compare the two side by side.

Would be good to see mate. Let me know when you do.

Hi guys,

Just an update. There are a few retailers interested to be involve in this group buy. But they are interested in knowing roughly how many people are interested before giving me the prices.

So far, those that have express their interest are:

1. Hosko - 52" X/XBR

2. Cletus B - 40"/46"

3. no spam

4. beejean - 40" X + RHTG800

Anyone else interested? I am not asking for a definite answer. Let me know even if you have a slight interest in joining in. You don't have to commit yourself now to buy. I am using previous model of successful GB as a guide in organizing this GB, which is:

1. To ask retailers for prices in the range of 0-5 buyers, 6-10, 11-15 and 15+

2. To get the contact of the retailers so that each person will deal directly with the retailer (but we negotiate as a group), I do not want to handle your money myself - for everyone peace of mind as you do not know me personally

3. To start the GB once it is available in stock with real price for comparison

4. Negotiate extended warranty, deposit, shipping.

Thanks to those helping me out so far in term of advice and prices. Please keep it coming.

Edited by beejean

beejean: Can't fit a 46" in so I'll be going for a 40"

I guess I'll be going for the X3100 as it dosn't seem you get anything for the extra money on the XBR? So far the only differance i can find is

1) the bezel

2) XBR runs off 110v-240v while the x3100 only off 240v

I think i read some where the the = models in the US, the xbr has a rs-323 port and the x dosn't but dont know about the Australian ones.

I'd go the XBR if it did 120hz on ntsc feeds

Edited by CletusB

Beejean,

Please add me in for either a 52 X or XBR.

I too would be interested in the XBR if it did 120hz on ntsc feeds.

Thanks

M&M

Hi all,

I would also like to express my interest in your group buy.

I will be looking at purchasing either a 40 inch X or 40 inch W series. Jb Hifi have magazine price of $3498 at the moment for the W series in Melbourne. I would be confident of getting them under 3000.

Could anyone who is a little more technically minded than myself be able to tell me the difference between the X series and the W series? Thanks in advance - your opinions would be much appreicated.

Cheers,

tcross

Hi all,

I would also like to express my interest in your group buy.

I will be looking at purchasing either a 40 inch X or 40 inch W series. Jb Hifi have magazine price of $3498 at the moment for the W series in Melbourne. I would be confident of getting them under 3000.

Could anyone who is a little more technically minded than myself be able to tell me the difference between the X series and the W series? Thanks in advance - your opinions would be much appreicated.

Cheers,

tcross

The X3100 Vs W3100 (Differences)

BRAVIA ENGINE = "PRO" Vs "EX"

Brightness = 500 cd/m2 V 450 cd/m2

Contrast = 2200:1 (On-Screen) 18000:1 (Dynamic) Vs 1800:1 (On-Screen) 16000:1 (Dynamic)

X3100 has Motionflow!

Besides that the W can have the OSD in a couple non english languages and is multi voltage. The X has a usb, weighs more and uses 30w more power (230-260)

At the end of the day the X will be better value for money IMO. I aleady have quotes for the X3100 40" that are less then the RRP of the W. If you looking for under $3000 the W will be the go, but if you can get a few more hundred (read $500 MAX extra) then go the X. Thats what I am doing.

Edited by CletusB

Hi CletusB,

Thanks for that. I was originally looking at the X series and am glad i have waited for the newer models to arrive. What prices on the new X series have you managed to negotiate thus far?

If i could ask another question of you: I will be using the screen as a Computer monitor and as a TV. Would you think that the X series 40 inch would be a good choice to do this with? (i have already purchased a good cordless keyboard and mouse in preparation :rolleyes: ) I thought that the greater resolution the better off i will be, and also of course: 'its a sony'

Ok thanks again for your help,

tcross

Would be good to see mate. Let me know when you do.

luitzen 9/09/07.hi beajean,re your post 31.i am definately interested in 2 lcds sony kdl46x3100.thanks for all the hard work so far.l.

Hey People,

Please add me in for a 46" X series. What State will we be getting it from?

Thanks.

Hi CletusB,

Thanks for that. I was originally looking at the X series and am glad i have waited for the newer models to arrive. What prices on the new X series have you managed to negotiate thus far?

If i could ask another question of you: I will be using the screen as a Computer monitor and as a TV. Would you think that the X series 40 inch would be a good choice to do this with? (i have already purchased a good cordless keyboard and mouse in preparation :rolleyes: ) I thought that the greater resolution the better off i will be, and also of course: 'its a sony'

Ok thanks again for your help,

tcross

The only price I have bothered to get so far from the same source I get all my 1st prices is just under $3500 to my door for a 40X3100.

(Note: I have always got better on this price but never got anything the day it came out yet lol)

(Note 2: Given that Cworld is selling the 40XBR for $3595, and the xbr is $300 more then that rrp wise.. again I would expect better then $3500 for a 40X3100)

I too will be using it as a tv, media pc screen, games screen for PS3/360 and maybe some computer games lol. See lets hope it a good choice :D

As far as pc gaming use goes I'd just be making sure you video card can take the 1920x1080 screen res and all that. LCD tvs i feel will not be as good for pc gaming as somehting like a Dell 24" or 30" monitor (they use dual link dvi input for even higher res etc) but still could be awesome as its so big lol

Edit:

Forgot to mention on my lost post the X also has some other features over the W. Forgot to mention Motionflow and it also has a USB port

Edited by CletusB

beejean

i have sent you a PM regarding the group buy

let me know if you get it

I'm also interested in a 40" X series, would I be able to get it under $3295.00?

I'm definitely interested in participating in a group buy, or at least joining you, Beejean, in Adelaide.

I am looking at the 46", probably just the X, I prefer the black bezel, but of course will want to see it in the shops first. Myers say they should have some later this month (Sep).

I will definitely be buying something, hopefully the Sony, by around the end of this month (Sep).

Edited by M&K Freak

I am interested too.

I am after either a 40" or 46" X series.

Cheers

Hi guys,

Just an update. There are a few retailers interested to be involve in this group buy. But they are interested in knowing roughly how many people are interested before giving me the prices.

So far, those that have express their interest are:

1. Hosko - 52" X/XBR

2. Cletus B - 40"/46"

3. no spam

4. beejean - 40" X + RHTG800

Anyone else interested? I am not asking for a definite answer. Let me know even if you have a slight interest in joining in. You don't have to commit yourself now to buy. I am using previous model of successful GB as a guide in organizing this GB, which is:

1. To ask retailers for prices in the range of 0-5 buyers, 6-10, 11-15 and 15+

2. To get the contact of the retailers so that each person will deal directly with the retailer (but we negotiate as a group), I do not want to handle your money myself - for everyone peace of mind as you do not know me personally

3. To start the GB once it is available in stock with real price for comparison

4. Negotiate extended warranty, deposit, shipping.

Thanks to those helping me out so far in term of advice and prices. Please keep it coming.

Please add me in as a strong possible. Will be looking to purchase in late Oct early Nov once I've returned from my Honeymoon!

Model: 46"/52" XBR

City: Sydney

Cheers

Damn it I just got a X series 46" and a new one is coming out - Is there a big difference? Am I fine with the X series one?