New 2007 Bravia X / Xbr Series Group Buy

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest not-happy-Jan
My post has now been edited to reflect the issue and will not be edited further, I would suggest some here might consider the same same instead of mindless name calling.

If asking questions of a person organising a GB given recent events is flaming then fine I'm flaming, my questions were asked on the basis of the likeness of the two GB's and to protect members from a repeat.

i thank Yorac for his post and PM.

I think the forum is bigger than both of us and this issue.

Good luck to all,

Martin

i thank Yorac for his post and PM.

I think the forum is bigger than both of us and this issue.

Good luck to all,

Martin

I echo the Good luck to all comments, hope it works out.........

Edited by POWERZONE

An Open Message To The 80+ People Who Have Put Themselves Down For A GB On A New Bravia LCD.

I contacted a friend to assist with a deal to benefit others –with direct credit card payments and direct collection of goods – but at a group buy price.

I decided NOT to be part of this GB – but only ensure the GB was well run (given recent fiasco's...).

After the way this forum was seen by others as being a place where members seem to take great delight in being “Proud Member of the League of Bastards”… it is understandable that this opportunity no longer is available and a formal offer made has been officially withdrawn.

Some seem to take great pride in being s***t stirrers but often this can lead to 'issues'.....

So to you 80+ that have missed out, please understand that this forum is a public place and some memebers may not know how well read it is in the industry.

I hope beejeen and Hosko find a great deal for you and good luck with this GB.

Warm regards Martin

Does this mean the GB is off? Delayed or what?

Guest master147

Is there anyway i can get some indicative pricing from the GB? Will go SonyCentral this weekend just wanted to see how much bargain i can get from this GB? Chatswood SonyCentral said they have a few of the 40" X but the 46" will come in on 1 Oct. They said cos no one else have them so they won't drop the price. Their best price for 40" X is $3,999 which is the RRP

After the way this forum was seen by others as being a place where members seem to take great delight in being "Proud Member of the League of Bastards"… it is understandable that this opportunity no longer is available and a formal offer made has been officially withdrawn.

Could I suggest that the League is actually an attempt at the opposite to what it appears. It is a group of people that collectively watch for and warn others of trolls and forum misbehaviour. It is a rather flippant attempt at levity when there may be little. It is meant to light hearted and tongue-in-cheek.

The only time someone gets called a Bastard is when it is used as a term of endearment (if you will) to a fellow Bastard.

As long as this remains the definition of the League, I will continue to proudly portray my allegance.

God knows (no disrespect intended) this place needs levity at times.

• Volunteer
AndrewW could I ask what your angle here is??

I don't see your name on the wiki so why cause trouble.

You keep bringing up the Onkyo group buy, but the way I see it everybody in that buy is equally responsible for the crap outcome. Everybody agreed on the price and put their money up.

Kazz your also not on the list, do I sense the two of you are **** stirrers?

No one was trying to ****stir here, we were only concerned for those in the group buy following another GB disaster.

It would seem that our fears may have been unfounded but the right to ask questions remains. Would you prefer that no one who had suspicions spoke up and consequently something went wrong?

We were just trying to keep an eye out for other members here, something that I actually like about this forum.

Cheers,

Karen

PS: good luck to all in this GB hope all goes well.

Guest master147
No one was trying to ****stir here, we were only concerned for those in the group buy following another GB disaster.

It would seem that our fears may have been unfounded but the right to ask questions remains. Would you prefer that no one who had suspicions spoke up and consequently something went wrong?

We were just trying to keep an eye out for other members here, something that I actually like about this forum.

Cheers,

Karen

PS: good luck to all in this GB hope all goes well.

Hi Karen,

Just asking how bad would it be if we actually go to the retail store to pay the agreed amount and pick up the TV from there? As far as i know this is how the GB plan is.

I have pm everyone regarding the deal in the wiki list from no. 2-82 except the following people:

Shakey

crowman

skipppy

moray - email sent

LaraBudd email sent

Flats - email sent

TamworthHDTV - email sent

Apparently, it cannot be sent because you have your personal messenger option disabled

Anyone I have missed out, please pm me directly.

I have also changed the detail of CletusB (from Cletus B ) and Pauly-G (from Pauly G) in the wiki list as that is incorrect.

OK, I have try to make this GB deal as safe and efficient as possible.

Of course I won't be able to please everyone.

I have try my best to negotiate the best price I can.

Now it is up to you to deal with the retailer from the contact provided.

Please do not flame me.

I have presented you the deal the best I can, it's up to you whether you want to accept it or not and to arrange the payment and details directly with the retailer.

Please do not discuss the retailer's name, the price and the manager's contact details in this forum.

Anyone else not in the wiki list yet, just add your dtvforum login name in there (make sure you have made 5 posts in the forum) and I will pm you as the lists grow.

Special thanks to no spam for his effort in organizing another deal with a national retailer, but it doesn't go as well as it is meant to be. So this is the best deal I can offer to you guys.

Cheers,

beejean

Edited by beejean

Many thanks beejean, Hosko, for organising.

With each individual will be dealing with the retailer directly, those concerned can rest easy on that count.

For those on the GB, just would like to reiterate that the prices and the identity of the retailer is not to be made public. I know some people may want to take the price to another retailer and try and get them to beat it - please use some discretion. Don't know what would happen if word got out about the GB/prices, particularly with 80+ interested parties.

Hopfully this will all work out successfully. I wonder if there is a thread about the biggest GB - this has got to be up there.

I have one question i wont be able to get the money together for around 30 days..... will this deal still be on there with the sony retailer?

Thanks heaps for your help guys, the work your doing it much appreciated

Yes, the deal ends end of October.

So basically you have between now till 31st Oct to make the deal

Many thanks to beejean and hosko and anyone else that has assisted, provided advice etc.

It is greatly appreciated

I have rung the retailer and have just emailed off my order - waiting on the itemised invoice back with final pricing etc so I can then commit and pay!

To top it off the new entertainment table/stand that I ordered 6 weeks ago has arrived and will be delivered tomorrow so the new TV has a brand new home waiting for it!

Cheers

Doo

Just spoke to him. I am picking it up the 40" X from the store tomorrow. Tried to tell me I couldn't pay by credit card but I insisted and he said OK because I live locally. Price is $XXXX plus $XXX for extended warranty (wasn't this meant to be $XXX?). Who am I to argue. Will post again tomorrow once I have it. Very exciting!

Please remove price info!

Edited by CletusB

Just spoke to him. I am picking it up the 40" X from the X store tomorrow. Tried to tell me I couldn't pay by credit card but I insisted and he said OK because I live locally. Price is $xxxx plus $xxx for extended warranty (wasn't this meant to be $200?). Who am I to argue. Will post again tomorrow once I have it. Very exciting!

Hello, no price and store details in the forum please!

Edited by beejean

Fantastic - thanks again to all involved.

For all those in Melbourne, i will be spending some time over the weekend doing some shopping around to try to find a local supplier who can provide the same service / price. I count about 25 of us so we still have reasonable buying power. If i can not find a similar discount over the next week then i will by buying remotely from the original Sydney supplier.

Fantastic - thanks again to all involved.

For all those in Melbourne, i will be spending some time over the weekend doing some shopping around to try to find a local supplier who can provide the same service / price. I count about 25 of us so we still have reasonable buying power. If i can not find a similar discount over the next week then i will by buying remotely from the original Sydney supplier.

Let me know how that goes.. I'll prob just go ahead in the normal GB tho coz I can't wait lol

Can anyone like me a picture of the X3100 and XBR side by side... I want to see the bezal so I know what looks better :)