New 2007 Bravia X / Xbr Series Group Buy

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the floating glass design will date. But I'm going to buy a 40x3100 anyway. The W is the looker in the range, IMHO.

D

Totally agree. Both the dating and the W being the looker. That was my only hesitation, however I went ahead and bought a 40X3100 probably for the smae reasons you are planning too.

The comment he made that made me more weary of him was that he implied that they were practically the same TV so i should buy the cheaper Samsung. If they were exactly the same why doesnt the Samsungs have native 24p support like the Sony?

I believe that the actual LCD panel is the same, but the main board and electronics is slightly different which would give the reason that Samsungs dont have native 24p. I'm not 100% tho, mabey another DTV member can explain this a little better.

Sony RRP prices have come down since the last big Sydney GB and you'll probably get the same price now with haggling.

This place has good prices and free Melb delivery

http://www.cameraworld.com.au/Cameraworld_...CD_TV_s/123.htm

(46" model) Sony KDL46X3100 $3,709.00 inc GST*

(40" model) Sony KDL40X3100 $3,049.00 inc GST*

*We can only ship this product to Melbourne Customer with free shipping

I would be careful with this site.

Doesn't look like they give you any warranty.

Warranty Disclaimer

This site and the materials and products on this site are provided "as is" and without warranties of any kind, whether express or implied.

I'm in Brisbane and am interested in a group buy. I'm after a 46X series (or the 46W).

I do want to wait until Friday to hear if the free PS3 by redemption are true though. I hear it is for the X and XBR's only though.

Anyone want to comment any further on this free PS3, I heard it too today but cannot confirm. If it is true, I think it starts from the 21st December. Although I do have a region A player, this offer would tempt me to fork out my hard earned....

Yep its true. Samsung and Sony have a join venture in Japan with their production of LCD's.

hopefully then, production will stay in Japan. otherwise i would be snapping up a X or XBR pretty quickly.

dont like the sound of the 'joint venture' ... Sony are better off on their own.

Could someone please pm me the price they paid for a 46" XBR Bravia in the Melbourne group buy, or even anywhere else for that matter. Trying to gauge what price im up for/can expect.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KDL46X3100

best price so far for me is:

sony 46" KDL46X3100 on AMEX @ 5yrs wty $3805 + free PS3 (40gig)

Anyone done/seen better than this?

Not sure about Bravia only, but I bought a 46X3100, a 40GB PS3, a Venturi wall-mount for the Bravia and a PS3 Blu-Ray Remote for $4100 all up at DSE (Macquarie Power House, North Ryde) 2 days ago. The docket has the TV down for $3400.

There's definitely deals around...

Oh, and hi! First post, so much to learn! You're gonna find my ignorant questions in the Bravia mega-thread... :blush:

Cheers

Steffen.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KDL46X3100

best price so far for me is:

sony 46" KDL46X3100 on AMEX @ 5yrs wty $3805 + free PS3 (40gig)

Do you have a receipt for this purchase mate?

Hi all,

I haven't read this thread, so please don't bite me if the info is already there (it's 100 pages long! :wacko: )

I'm interested in a 52" XBR, and noticed the RRP was $6,799...what seems to be a good price for this one? and is there going to be a group buy on this item? It seems to be the largest I can find and the best of it's size...and with the free PS3, it's good value! :D (even tho I already have one, I'll sell it and make some cash back :P )

Can anyone let me know? Thanks!! :D

Also, I'm located in Newcastle NSW, if that's relevant.

Hi all,

I haven't read this thread, so please don't bite me if the info is already there (it's 100 pages long! :wacko: )

I'm interested in a 52" XBR, and noticed the RRP was $6,799...what seems to be a good price for this one? and is there going to be a group buy on this item? It seems to be the largest I can find and the best of it's size...and with the free PS3, it's good value! :D (even tho I already have one, I'll sell it and make some cash back :P )

Can anyone let me know? Thanks!! :D

Also, I'm located in Newcastle NSW, if that's relevant.

yes, I'm also going to buy one after Xmas as well. In the Newy area too. Will let you know what I can negotiate.

yes, I'm also going to buy one after Xmas as well. In the Newy area too. Will let you know what I can negotiate.

im buying a 46" XBR after chrissy, but im from the melbourne area. got a quote from JB for 3880....any good? or can i do better?

G'day All

I'm looking to buy either the 40" or 46" X series Sony Bravia (with the free PS3). How do I go about participating in a GB ? I live in Country WA, 200kms away from Perth... Has anyone been given a great deal ? Latest I've seen is $3885 from HN in the west australian newspaper.... seen or bought better ???

Thanking you in advance.

G'day All

I'm looking to buy either the 40" or 46" X series Sony Bravia (with the free PS3). How do I go about participating in a GB ? I live in Country WA, 200kms away from Perth... Has anyone been given a great deal ? Latest I've seen is $3885 from HN in the west australian newspaper.... seen or bought better ???

Thanking you in advance.

I assume this is with a 46" model?

Is there a deal with 40" model?