New 2007 Bravia X / Xbr Series Group Buy

Thanks CletusB.

Everyone please update your details in wiki http://sonygb.pbwiki.com/ including pm / no pm

If your name is not in wiki list, then you will not be in the group buy.

Sorry for sounding rude, but there are too many people now, so it's hard to keep tract of everyone unless you are in the list.

Please make sure you use the exact login name you use in dtvforum or else i won't be able to contact you

eg. Ronin WC doesn't exist apparently when i try to pm

And if you don't have 5 posts yet, use this thread to increase your post count:

http://www.dtvforum.info/index.php?showtopic=48368

It's more troublesome to send individual email and to keep tract of message.

Kudos to Pauly-G for creating this thread:

http://www.dtvforum.info/index.php?showtopic=54280

It's so funny, haha

Cheers

Edited by beejean

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks CletusB.

Everyone please update your details in wiki http://sonygb.pbwiki.com/ including pm / no pm

Please make sure you use the exact login name you use in dtvforum or else i won't be able to contact you

eg. Ronin WC doesn't exist apparently when i try to pm

And if you don't have 5 posts yet, use this thread to increase your post count:

http://www.dtvforum.info/index.php?showtopic=48368

It's more troublesome to send individual email and to keep tract of message.

Cheers

Hey BeeJean,

Got your PM.

Looks like CletusB got my nic wrong in the Wiki. It's RoninWC no space. But I have received your PM any way.

Again, thanks for the work you are doing on this. Price looks good.

Cheers,

Warren

Right thanks - yep i gathered as much. Just thought someone from Melbourne might have shopped around for local prices also.

(PS cant wait for the PM with the proposed prices...)

I'm in melb and been involved as much as I can since the start. If anybody needs help and melb I guess you can come to me hehe

Guest hd_junkie
Update of the lists:

01. Me - 40" X & RHTG800 - Adelaide

02. Hosko - 52" X/XBR

03. Cletus B - 40/46 X - VIC

04. no spam

05. doo - 40/46 X - Melbourne

06. m&m - 52" X/XBR

07. tcross - 40" X/W - ?Melbourne

08. bhart

09. luitzen - 2x 46" X

10. stovokor - 46" X

11. howie.hill - 40" X

12. AiMsHiT - 40" X

13. M&K Freak - 46" X - Adelaide

14. mal68 - 40/46 X - Ballarat, Victoria

15. InfoAddict - 40" X - Adelaide

16. Ronin WC - 46/52 XBR - Sydney

17. Shakey - 40/46 D/X - Newcastle, NSW

18. operator - 40" D - Brunswick, Melbourne

19. runner74 - 40" X - Chatswood NSW

20. TAZMAN - 52" XBR - Sydney

21. regis169 - 52" X - Sydney

22. RabidWolve - 46 X - Sydney

23. shump - 46 X - Perth

24. jkmc13p - 46 X/XBR - Melbourne

25. sisi - 46 X/XBR - Melbourne

26. Colonel Goeth - 46 X/D - Brisbane

27. tiptoncut - 52 XBR & ?32" - Perth WA

28. tjrocks - 46 X/XBR , 40 X , 32 D - Sydney

29. SRDjan - 46 X - Coburg, Vic

Lists are getting longer and longer.

I know some of you wants to get it ASAP and some would prefer to get it after you see it in the shop.

I will try to negotiate with the retailer so that you can start paying when you are ready individually, so that for those who wants to get it fast, then you pay first and secure the tv earlier.

Will try to pm everyone tonight one by one.

I know some of you are getting a bit impatient, wanting to know what deal I had so far.

Nothing is finalise yet.

Let me know if I forgot to pm you, forgot to add you to the list or list you incorrectly.

No need to pm me back for now, just add to the forum if you need to ask anything.

For those who have not provided me with your location, please do so in the forum so that I can later organize you guys according to the state, in the list.

Cheers

Guest hd_junkie

Hi Beejean - keen to join in the GB but realise it's gotten very popular (and challenging to manage!)... :unsure:

I'm in Sydney and after the XBR 52".

Please let me know if I can still be added and how it works with the "wiki" site. Many thanks.

Cheers, Ingo

Guest hd_junkie

To help Beejean keep track of things can people please add your name to the list, add if you have been PM'ed and update what model you are looking at getting. He has done some fantastic work so I think its fair that we keep things simple for him. Just repost the list and make any changes.

The List

01. BeeJean - 40" X & RHTG800 - Adelaide

02. Hosko - 52" XBR - Sydney - PM

03. Cletus B - 40" X/ - VIC

04. no spam

05. doo - 40/46 X - Melbourne

06. m&m - 52" X/XBR

07. tcross - 40" X/W - ?Melbourne

08. bhart

09. luitzen - 2x 46" X

10. stovokor - 46" X

11. howie.hill - 40" X

12. AiMsHiT - 40" X

13. M&K Freak - 46" X - Adelaide

14. mal68 - 40/46 X

15. InfoAddict - 40" X - Adelaide

16. Ronin WC - 46/52 XBR - Sydney

17. Shakey - 40/46 D/X - Newcastle, NSW

18. operator - 40" D - Brunswick, Melbourne

19. runner74 - 40" X - Chatswood NSW

20. TAZMAN - 52" XBR - Sydney

21. regis169 - 52" X - Sydney

22. RabidWolve - 46 X - Sydney

23. shump - 46 X - Perth

24. jkmc13p - 46 X/XBR - Melbourne

25. sisi - 46 X/XBR - Melbourne

26. Colonel Goeth - 46 X/D - Brisbane

27. tiptoncut - 52 XBR & ?32" - Perth WA

28. tjrocks - 46 X/XBR , 40 X , 32 D - Sydney

29. SRDjan - 46 X - Coburg, Vic

30. Pauly G- 40 X/XBR or 46 X - Brisbane - no PM yet -

31. hd_junkie - 52" XBR - Sydney

Guys the wiki is the only list that is being looked at from now, its just to hard to organise without.

To add your name to the list go to:http://sonygb.pbwiki.com

When your there hit the edit tab at the top of the page

You will then be asked for the password which is "sony" as well as a user name (use your DTVForum user name) and an email address (doesn't have to be a real one)

Then add your name to the bottom of the list what model you want and where you live, finally add "no PM" after your name.

Once you have been PM'ed edit it again to say "Received first PM"

Looking at the current wiki list, I see the following stats

(where people have indicated a couple of options, I picked the lowest one)

40" D - 5 units

46" D - 1 unit

40" W - 1 unit

40" X - 16 units

46" X - 23 units

52" X - 3 units

40" XBR - none

46" XBR - 5 units

52" XBR - 6 units

Based on Sony RRP, you're looking about $300k worth of goodies :o

Looking at the current wiki list, I see the following stats

(where people have indicated a couple of options, I picked the lowest one)

40" D - 5 units

46" D - 1 unit

40" W - 1 unit

40" X - 16 units

46" X - 23 units

52" X - 3 units

40" XBR - none

46" XBR - 5 units

52" XBR - 6 units

Based on Sony RRP, you're looking about $300k worth of goodies :o

I'll hold everyones money ;) LOL

Just saw on the Dick Smith website that some stores are showing stock of the 40" X3100... anyone had a chance to check em out?

I'll hold everyones money ;) LOL

Just saw on the Dick Smith website that some stores are showing stock of the 40" X3100... anyone had a chance to check em out?

Thought everyone would like to know that the Sony Central store at the base of the World Square building in Sydney (Goulburn St) has the new W, X and Xbr's on display.

I didn't look at them for long (I wanted to give you guys the good news ASAP) but lets just say that I liked what I saw ... a lot.

I think they were playing a blu-ray demo thing. No fast moving images so it was difficult to see if Motionflow makes a difference. Very nice though.

One thing - to my eyes the gunmetal grey surround on the xbr is not worth the extra $300 over the darker surround for the x.

I'm going to head back there now to have a better look.

Just got back. The guy I dealt with wasn't very helpful. He didn't seem to know what he was doing, unfortunately. Anyway, I asked him if he could play an action movie blu-ray and a ps3 game and he said that because the blu-ray player was the US version it could not play oz discs. He put the blu-ray for Ghost Rider into the player and it would only play the menu footage on a loop. For what it's worth, that footage looked nice. No blur that I could see.

He asked me to come back in an hour if I wanted to see the ps3 hooked up to it. That's what i'll do. Keep you posted.

Edited by runner74

Thought everyone would like to know that the Sony Central store at the base of the World Square building in Sydney (Goulburn St) has the new W, X and Xbr's on display.

I didn't look at them for long (I wanted to give you guys the good news ASAP) but lets just say that I liked what I saw ... a lot.

I think they were playing a blu-ray demo thing. No fast moving images so it was difficult to see if Motionflow makes a difference. Very nice though.

One thing - to my eyes the gunmetal grey surround on the xbr is not worth the extra $300 over the darker surround for the x.

I'm going to head back there now to have a better look.

i disagree when your spending 4-6k on a tv whats another 300, the plastic bevel looks cheap imo, also you viewing it in full light, i saw them at night and the Metal border looked heaps better, gives it a sort of shine also hides the speakers on the side more...

hers a side by side pic http://img394.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sonyxvsxbrcc1.jpg

Edited by dono201

i disagree when your spending 4-6k on a tv whats another 300, the plastic bevel looks cheap imo, also you viewing it in full light, i saw them at night and the Metal border looked heaps better, gives it a sort of shine also hides the speakers on the side more...

hers a side by side pic http://img394.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sonyxvsxbrcc1.jpg

I agree that the xbr looks really nice, just not $300 nice. Maybe if it came with an ice dispenser ...

Hi all,

i'm one of the multitude of people to have joined this site to participate in the group buy.

Can anyone tell me is there a performance difference bewteen the XBR and the X3100 series.

I'm in Sydney (Strathfield) and am interested in either the 40" or 46" X or XBR (depending on price and performance)

I'm just off to the wiki to add myself and off to the other topic to get my post-count up :)

PS - thanks to everyone organising this, you're doing a great job.

I hope we are dealing with a reputable retailer that some knows, and who also does not need the money up front. I dont want to be a sad story on ACA or Today Tonight.

With the amount of tvs being bought, your looking at a total of around 1/2 a million dollars

Edited by dono201

Guest master147
This is my first post. Could someone tell me what PM means?

Hi crowman, PM = Private Message. You can send PM to other user by clicking on the name where you will see "Send Message"

edit: personal message to private message :)

Edited by master147

Guest not-happy-Jan
I hope we are dealing with a reputable retailer that some knows, and who also does not need the money up front. I dont want to be a sad story on ACA or Today Tonight.

With the amount of tvs being bought, your looking at a total of around 1/2 a million dollars

Two retailers are being compared.

price and size / trust are front of mind.

Prices should be clearer by the weekend.

As we do NOT want another Onkyo GB fiasco, patience with those co-ordinating this please.

Please do not PM me as all information will go out via one memeber once all have been locked down.

made my thread count added details to wiki. await the weekend details.....

huge thx to guys to date. sony aus would be pretty pleased with themselves and our interest. IMHO I thought we'd (oz) would be screwed on the rrp pricing on launch but they've done well. and we should do even better! cant wait.

Differences between the X and XBR models

From the Sony website, here are the features of the X(3100) and the XBR models.

KDL46XBR

Key features

XBR Gun Metal Bezel

Full HD 1080 resolution

Motionflow 100Hz

Integrated HD Digital Tuner

BRAVIA Engine PRO

10 Bit Panel

WCG-CCFL backlight 2nd generation

3 x HDMI Inputs

Theatre Mode

24p True Cinema

x.v.Colour

Photo TV HD

BRAVIA Theatre Sync

XBR Gun Metal Bezel

KDL46X3100

Key features

Full HD 1080 resolution

Motionflow 100Hz

Integrated HD Digital Tuner

BRAVIA Engine PRO

10 Bit Panel

WCG-CCFL backlight 2nd generation

3 x HDMI Inputs

Theatre Mode

24p True Cinema

x.v.Colour

Photo TV HD

BRAVIA Theatre Sync

Changeable Bezel Colours

I thought I saw somewhere that the X(3100) came without the BRAVIA Theatre Sync, which I think is the option of controlling other Sony devices with a common remote control, but both models list this, which leaves the Bezel as the only ($300) difference. Anyone know any different, pleae let us all know.

Hopefully they'll arrive in Adelaide soon, but end of the month looks like the current ETA.