New 2007 Bravia X / Xbr Series Group Buy

From the Computer World website (http://www.cworld.com.au/classes/assembler.php?PROD_CAT=Monitor&PROD_SORT=NO)

The best prices I've seen in my on-line searches:

40" Sony Bravia XBR Series LCD TV [KDL40XBR] 3595.00 (RRP$4,299.00)

46" Sony Bravia XBR Series LCD TV [KDL46XBR] 4595.00 (RRP$5,299.00)

52" Sony Bravia XBR Series LCD TV [KDL52XBR] 6795.00 (RRP$7,799.00)

70" Sony Bravia XBR Series LCD TV [KDL70X3500] 59995.00 (RRP$69,999.00)

Substantial savings on the RRP.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Warren

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys,

Just an update. There are a few retailers interested to be involve in this group buy. But they are interested in knowing roughly how many people are interested before giving me the prices.

So far, those that have express their interest are:

1. Hosko - 52" X/XBR

2. Cletus B - 40"/46"

3. no spam

4. beejean - 40" X + RHTG800

Anyone else interested? I am not asking for a definite answer. Let me know even if you have a slight interest in joining in. You don't have to commit yourself now to buy. I am using previous model of successful GB as a guide in organizing this GB, which is:

1. To ask retailers for prices in the range of 0-5 buyers, 6-10, 11-15 and 15+

2. To get the contact of the retailers so that each person will deal directly with the retailer (but we negotiate as a group), I do not want to handle your money myself - for everyone peace of mind as you do not know me personally

3. To start the GB once it is available in stock with real price for comparison

4. Negotiate extended warranty, deposit, shipping.

Thanks to those helping me out so far in term of advice and prices. Please keep it coming.

Registering my interest.

I will be in the market for a 40" or 46" D or X series over the next couple of months.

City - Newcastle, NSW

Cheers,

Joel

Update of people interested (all are new 2007 model - i mean the tv of course, haha):

01. Me - 40" X & RHTG800 - Adelaide

02. Hosko - 52" X/XBR

03. Cletus B - 40" X/XBR

04. no spam

05. doo - 40/46 X - Melbourne

06. m&m - 52" X/XBR

07. tcross - 40" X/W - ?Melbourne

08. bhart

09. luitzen - 2x 46" X

10. stovokor - 46" X

11. howie.hill - 40" X

12. AiMsHiT - 40" X

13. M&K Freak - 46" X - Adelaide

14. mal68 - 40/46 X

15. InfoAddict - 40" X - Adelaide

16. Ronin WC - 46/52 XBR - Sydney

17. Shakey - 40/46 D/X - Newcastle, NSW

18. operator - 40" D - Brunswick, Melbourne

19. runner74 - 40" X - Chatswood NSW

The lists is getting more impressive now.

I have been getting some really good deal, something you possibly can't get if you walk into any shops alone.

I promise the retailers I won't reveal the price in the public forum.

I will pm everyone who are interested regarding the price once I am more certain of the deal. I am still in the process of negotiating.

I am confident most of you will be very happy with the price.

Any idea how I can mass pm in this forum (saving me the trouble of pm one by one) - or maybe i can just copy and paste.

Cheers

Update of people interested (all are new 2007 model - i mean the tv of course, haha):

01. Me - 40" X & RHTG800 - Adelaide

02. Hosko - 52" X/XBR - Sydney

03. Cletus B - 40" X/XBR

04. no spam

05. doo - 40/46 X - Melbourne

06. m&m - 52" X/XBR

07. tcross - 40" X/W - ?Melbourne

08. bhart

09. luitzen - 2x 46" X

10. stovokor - 46" X

11. howie.hill - 40" X

12. AiMsHiT - 40" X

13. M&K Freak - 46" X - Adelaide

14. mal68 - 40/46 X

15. InfoAddict - 40" X - Adelaide

16. Ronin WC - 46/52 XBR - Sydney

17. Shakey - 40/46 D/X - Newcastle, NSW

18. operator - 40" D - Brunswick, Melbourne

19. runner74 - 40" X - Chatswood NSW

The lists is getting more impressive now.

I have been getting some really good deal, something you possibly can't get if you walk into any shops alone.

I promise the retailers I won't reveal the price in the public forum.

Is it better then the quoted prices from the Computer World website???

I would be interested in finding out the price for the 40" X series.

I'm in Chatswood NSW.

By the way, one of the guys at JB Hi-fi in Chatswood quoted me $3100 (with no haggling whatsoever)) for the new 40" W series. I'm more interested in the X though.

What did SonyStyle Chatswood say, they usually give a good price after a little haggling

What did SonyStyle Chatswood say, they usually give a good price after a little haggling

I haven't been to see them yet. Will probably check it out this weekend. Thanks for the tip.

Also, I have a friend who might also be interested in the group buy.

Same details as me: 40" X series. Chatswood NSW.

Could you please add him to the list for now.

Cheers.

Hey guys.

I must say the Sony X-Series was always a nicer screen to look at compared to the other "Full HD" screens. I found the X to be much brighter and has alot less motion blur than the competing "Full HD" models. Ive been waiting for the KDL40XBR to show its face for a while now and plan to get one along with a PS3.

It was only out of anticipation for the XBR that i didnt just jump on the old X-Series, but judging by what ive seen from other 100hz (eg. Panasonic TX-32LXD700A) models, the XBR is certainly worth waiting for.

Im very keen to learn more about how to participate in a "group buy" and would be interested if it all goes ahead.

Thanx Guys

(P.S. My very first post :D )

I'm in Brisbane and interested in 46" X or maybe D series.

X and XBR are both 100Hz right?

I was gonna get the 46" Sharp Aquos for a little over $4000 but I'm now considering the 46" X unless Sharp come out with something soon with 100hz.

I'm interested in the Sony 46" X if it is close enough to $4,000 and has at least 3 year warranty. Alternatively I might be interested in the D if it can be had for around $3,000. I think the D would be much better as a lounge PC monitor 'cause of the lower resolution, would full HD make it very hard to read text on 46" at 2.5m? I suppose I can always increase the font sizes if using a full HD TV.

I'm in Brisbane and interested in 46" X or maybe D series.

X and XBR are both 100Hz right?

I was gonna get the 46" Sharp Aquos for a little over $4000 but I'm now considering the 46" X unless Sharp come out with something soon with 100hz.

I'm interested in the Sony 46" X if it is close enough to $4,000 and has at least 3 year warranty. Alternatively I might be interested in the D if it can be had for around $3,000. I think the D would be much better as a lounge PC monitor 'cause of the lower resolution, would full HD make it very hard to read text on 46" at 2.5m? I suppose I can always increase the font sizes if using a full HD TV.

I'm sorry if this is has already been covered, but what is the D series? I thought the new models were W, X and Xbr.

Also, is there a deadline for the expressions of interest?

Cheers.

hi all just found this site, ive been waiting on the new sony lcds and am really keen to buy a 52 inch kdl xbr so please add me to your list.

any reason not many people going for the 52 inch? I dont think its that much more expesive to the 46 inch

Ive been quoted $4799 for the 46 inch kdl xbr and $4999 for the black model,

I think the guy said around $6400 for the 52 inch.

I also want a good 32 inch for my bedroom if you could please recommend a sony or other in that size.

Thanking you, tip

PS. im near Perth wa :rolleyes:

ive

Hi

Very keen to purchase 3 Bravias:

46" X3100 or 46" XBR; and

40" X3100; and

32" D series

Located in Sydney.

When do you anticipate this may happen?

Thanks for your efforts and initiative. :)

Edited by tjrocks

hi all just found this site, ive been waiting on the new sony lcds and am really keen to buy a 52 inch kdl xbr so please add me to your list.

any reason not many people going for the 52 inch? I dont think its that much more expesive to the 46 inch

I'm with you bigger is always better, but not everybody has a room big enough to put one in or don't like a TV to dominate a room.

Hi

Very keen to purchase 3 Bravias:

46" X3100 or 46" XBR; and

40" X3100; and

32" D series

Located in Sydney.

When do you anticipate this may happen?

Thanks for your efforts and initiative. :)

Well I'm keen to start a buy as soon as they hit the shops. Would it be easier to organise people by state and get a "team leader" in each state to org the group buy for that state (easier for shipping etc). I'm more then happy to lead the VIC group

Edited by CletusB

What are these babies like...... need something for my xbox 360.

I need some advice from u guys.

Im also looking at the New Samsung LE46F86BD

What do you think.

btw, how does the samsung le 46 f86 bd compare to the new sony series ?

is it worth debating ?, sorry to go off up another road.

regards, tip