New 2007 Bravia X / Xbr Series Group Buy

New 2007 Bravia X / XBR Series Group Buy :rolleyes:

I have been following this website for almost a year, even though I have not been posting. I have been waiting for the new Bravia for nearly as long. I believe this is the time I am going to bite the bullet and go for it.

Looking at the success of previous group buy especially the recent Panasonic Group Buy, I am hoping someone knowledgable / experienced in this area would lead the group buy for the new Bravia series. I believe there are many people out there in this forum waiting for the new bravia just like me.

The new Bravia X and XBR series are already in Sony Aus website, ready to be shippied in mid September:

http://www.sony.com.au/homecinema/catalog/...ategoryId=22400

By the way, I am from Adelaide, and I am interested to buy the 40" X Series - KDL40X3100

I like the colour of the X series better than the silver XBR

Hopefully we can get a good responce from everyone and get a good price for this TV.

I would really like to get this as soon as possible, if not at least before Christmas.

Edited by Hosko

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

beejean,

you want a good price on a TV, so you would like someone else to run a group buy for you?

*And* you have put a deadline on this hard-working, yet to volunteer person of before xmas?

What genius.

I think I will start a thread asking if anyone would like to grout the tiles in my bathroom (as long as they can provide some sort of guarantee that they will get the job done quickly and to my satisfaction).

Beejean, I am pretty certain that there is no need to find someone "knowledgable / experienced in this area". Leading a group buy is just plain hard work - keeping lists, and keeping people informed of progress.

Ask someone who has done one. I suspect that they will be able to tell you what is required in a few lines.

Give it a go Beejean! Start 'er up yourself!

What are these babies like...... need something for my xbox 360.

I need some advice from u guys.

Im also looking at the New Samsung LE46F86BD

What do you think.

Edited by Tiggs

beejean,

you want a good price on a TV, so you would like someone else to run a group buy for you?

*And* you have put a deadline on this hard-working, yet to volunteer person of before xmas?

What genius.

I think I will start a thread asking if anyone would like to grout the tiles in my bathroom (as long as they can provide some sort of guarantee that they will get the job done quickly and to my satisfaction).

Beejean, I am pretty certain that there is no need to find someone "knowledgable / experienced in this area". Leading a group buy is just plain hard work - keeping lists, and keeping people informed of progress.

Ask someone who has done one. I suspect that they will be able to tell you what is required in a few lines.

Give it a go Beejean! Start 'er up yourself!

I don't mind doing it myself, just that I am not good at bargaining.

If anyone is happy to give me a few pointers, then I might give it a go - eg. who or how to approach, what price I can expect to bargain for etc..

But of course I need to make sure people are really interested in the 1st place.

Of course it would be better if someone else who are more experience who could lend me a hand or help organize it.

Edited by beejean

Can anyone please tell me what the difference is between X3100 and X2000?

http://www.sony.com.au/homecinema/catalog/...tegoryId=22400#

52KDL X3100 - $9,999

52KDL X2000 - $7,499

It's like $2,500 difference! But when you look at the specs, you don't see that much of difference that could justify spending extra $2,500.

Wel, one thing which I'm not too sure of, mentions KDL X3100 can do "1080p compatible via HDMI conection". KDL X2000 doesn't mention this.

What exactly is this? I thought all the X-series are 1080p panels?

Count me in on a group buy for a 40" (maybe 46"), been waiting for ages lol. Tho I saw on Cnet.com.au the new Pana 42" Plasma Full HD is comming soon too...

I'm running a Media PC and PS3+360 so I would guess that plasma isn't my best choice... I wonder tho

I'll be doing some price getting on my own so I'll be waiting on the group buy prices

Thanks for the hard work :)

Guest cemalley
Can anyone please tell me what the difference is between X3100 and X2000?

http://www.sony.com.au/homecinema/catalog/...tegoryId=22400#

52KDL X3100 - $9,999

52KDL X2000 - $7,499

It's like $2,500 difference! But when you look at the specs, you don't see that much of difference that could justify spending extra $2,500.

Wel, one thing which I'm not too sure of, mentions KDL X3100 can do "1080p compatible via HDMI conection". KDL X2000 doesn't mention this.

What exactly is this? I thought all the X-series are 1080p panels?

Actually you have the prices the wrong way around.

The new 3100 model is cheaper.

Whoops. sorry. But can anyone please clarify what X2000 can do in which X3100 can't do?

X3100 is the 2007 model - it is better and cheaper, you should definitely choose this model over the 2006 model (X2000)

A few improvements in the X3100 model compare to X2000:

1. 10-bit Processing and 10-bit Display

2. Motionflow 120 Hz with Full HD high frame rate capability

3. BRAVIA Engine PRO Full Digital Video Processor : Digital Reality Creation - Multi Function (DRC-MFv2.5)

4. Contrast ratio of 2,000:1 (Dynamic Contrast Ratio of up to 18,000:1)

5. x.v.Color technology (HDMI version 1.3)

6. 24p True Cinema (24p Input Capability)

7. Photo TV HD

For more info on the spec, visit the Sony US site (X series has similar spec to the XBR4/5 except for the bezel)

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores...552921665116632

Edited by beejean

I will definitely wait until the product is on display before making the decision so that everyone can have a look at the tv before commiting to buy.

I just want to get things started early so that everyone can get the tv as soon as possible when it is release.

In the mean time, please provide these information if you are interested:

1. Model you want (any of the Sony LCD TV - not necessary X or XBR)

2. State, city, suburb and postcode

3. Definite / maybe

Please let me know what price you are able to get the tv for (and where) when it is release, thanks.

I cannot promise I will definitely get a great price, but I will try my best (I want a cheap tv myself too :rolleyes: )

But I am sure we can get a better price collectively rather than buy it ourself.

Even if I do not get enough responce, I am sure if there are a few people in Adelaide who are interested, then we should be able to get a better price if we go together to the shop with cash in hand.

Australian version of the x series is only Motionflow 100Hz

And if you're watching a Blu-Ray, HD-DVD or NTSC DVD at 60Hz do we get 120Hz then? Or will we get 100Hz or 120Hz based on source?

I would be very wary of a group buy after the disastrous Onkyo amps group buy that is unfolding at present on these boards.

The key thing that was learned in that one, is that you don't start a GB until the products are selling in stores and we have a few real world prices of what people have been able to buy them for.

I would be very wary of a group buy after the disastrous Onkyo amps group buy that is unfolding at present on these boards.

The key thing that was learned in that one, is that you don't start a GB until the products are selling in stores and we have a few real world prices of what people have been able to buy them for.

Yes, definitely, I am just trying to generate some interest here, getting people attention, hopefully can get more people interested before they buy the product.

I am keen to know how much people can get the tv for as well when it's widely available. Pre-order usually won't result in much price reduction as the retailer knows you are desperate to get one.

Thanks for your feedback offshore, I am also keen to know more about GB from other people who have organized or involved in it.

The Good Guys catalogue arrived today and they have the new 40" X advertised for $3299 ( less for cash )

Deliveries expected soon.

Update on my last post.

Another look at the photo in the Good Guys ad makes me believe that it is the 40"W and not the X.

Man, you made me so happy for 1 sec thinking I can get the X series for less than $3299 :P