Wanted To Buy - Preloved Subwoofer

Good Afternoon,

I am in the market for a good, but second hand Subwoofer for interim HT duties for the next 6 months. I am not looking to spend anymore then $600 as it is only a stop-gap for the next 6 or so months.

So if anyone is looking to upgrade their existing sub and happy to sell in my price range please post me some info on it :D

One thing: I would prefer it not to be black.

Cheers

Joe.

Good Afternoon,

I am in the market for a good, but second hand Subwoofer for interim HT duties for the next 6 months. I am not looking to spend anymore then $600 as it is only a stop-gap for the next 6 or so months.

So if anyone is looking to upgrade their existing sub and happy to sell in my price range please post me some info on it :D

One thing: I would prefer it not to be black.

Cheers

Joe.

Eastwood Hifi in Sydney advertised this sub, don't know if it's still available though..

Jamo D5 Subwoofer Beech Colour Demo Unit, 10" driver with 100 Watt built in amplifier. Excellent for music and Home Theatre. Retail $1100, now only $599 (new)

Eastwood Hi-Fi

I have an MK subwoofer in excellent condition.

I am based on the Gold Coast and can deliver within reason.

V75MKII

Unfortunatley it is black but would fall in the price range.

I still see these exact models retailing for $1400-$1600

U may call me on 0417 793313.

I have an MK subwoofer in excellent condition.

I am based on the Gold Coast and can deliver within reason.

V75MKII

Unfortunatley it is black but would fall in the price range.

I still see these exact models retailing for $1400-$1600

U may call me on 0417 793313.

Hey Rusty1,

Im certainly interested, If you get your post count up to 10 using the link below than that should activate your PM service so i can send you my details.

http://www.dtvforum.info/index.php?showtop...d+letter+thread

Cheers

Joe.

Hi All,

Just an update, I have found a Sub to fullfill my requirments for the next few months. I ended up Buying a Wharfedale SW-150 Subwoofer Secondhand for mid $200's. It was in absolute mint condition and Rosenut in colour and even included a good Subwoofer cable.

Thanks to all those who made offers, particularly Rusty1 for being kind enough to allow me to test out his sub for the night :) .

Joe.

I think that 10" wharfedale might be the same subwoofer I have been using for the last couple of years. While it works pretty well it fails to pump out the really deep stuff.

I have been looking around for a new subwoofer as I have a much larger room to fill now and that 'little' wharfedale just doesn't cut it anymore. Actually I reckon it fails miserably. I am sure their 15" models would work a treat, but my little 10" (I reckon it has the smallest 10" driver I've ever seen) is headed for the scrap yard... actually I promised to sell it to a mate.

Anyway I am a bit tight on for cash right now but I wanted to buy a serious subwoofer. So against what I thought was my better judgement I ended up bidding on and winning one of the dream 15" subs on ebay. I was annoyed with myself when I won it. I have bid on and won so much garbage on that site.

But I have to say what a massive difference is has made. The bass from this thing is deep, clean and very impressive. I've tried their 12" models before and on those models the bass is deeper than the wharfedale, but it is heavily distorted especially at high levels and is not very nice to listen too.

The sound from the 15" model is brilliant. I never thought I'd hear bass of this depth and quality from such a cheap box, but I am totally blown away by it. I've only had mine for just over a week now and I have only just broken it in with a few tests, but I can seriously recommend these things to anyone looking for a good cheap subwoofer.

I think that 10" wharfedale might be the same subwoofer I have been using for the last couple of years. While it works pretty well it fails to pump out the really deep stuff.

I have been looking around for a new subwoofer as I have a much larger room to fill now and that 'little' wharfedale just doesn't cut it anymore. Actually I reckon it fails miserably. I am sure their 15" models would work a treat, but my little 10" (I reckon it has the smallest 10" driver I've ever seen) is headed for the scrap yard... actually I promised to sell it to a mate.

http://www.wharfedale.co.uk/model.php?mode...1&finish=10

Its that one their. Since its only an interim thing until We move im sure it will be ok. The next sub upgrade will be a perminent one (I hope) Looking to budget for a sub around $2500 - $3000 when that time comes.

Anyway I am a bit tight on for cash right now but I wanted to buy a serious subwoofer. So against what I thought was my better judgement I ended up bidding on and winning one of the dream 15" subs on ebay. I was annoyed with myself when I won it. I have bid on and won so much garbage on that site.

But I have to say what a massive difference is has made. The bass from this thing is deep, clean and very impressive. I've tried their 12" models before and on those models the bass is deeper than the wharfedale, but it is heavily distorted especially at high levels and is not very nice to listen too.

The sound from the 15" model is brilliant. I never thought I'd hear bass of this depth and quality from such a cheap box, but I am totally blown away by it. I've only had mine for just over a week now and I have only just broken it in with a few tests, but I can seriously recommend these things to anyone looking for a good cheap subwoofer.

I didnt really concider the Dream stuff, probably would have been ok for my needs at the moment. Be good to hear how your finding it after a month or two.

Mo_Jo