Sign in to follow this  
Ice_Magik

Panasonic Group Buy, Owners Showoff Thread.

Got my 42" on Saturday, just as we moved into our new place. Really happy with it and actually glad I didn't go for the 50" (seriously, I'm not in denial ;) ) as we have a smaller lounge room.

Displaying great pictures based on signal received.

Well my panel came today and the whole process was sooo easy. Thanks to Nathan and Mr salesman.

I had painted the room up a couple of months ago, and then we waited a couple of months for the lounge to be made and the Plasma was one of the final touches ( apart from the entertainment unit - which is obvious) I have some cables and wall mount coming from Selby and am going to wall mount it just above a low line ent. unit.

Taking a look now at the first decent HD images I have seen tonight with NCIS - good stuff.

Now what to do with the huge empty box? Cant see it fitting in my wheelie bin.

PICS

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s85/scu...t/plasma016.jpg

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s85/scu...t/plasma010.jpg

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s85/scu...t/plasma004.jpg

OK, well my 50PX70 arrived around lunch time today. There was a small delay setting up while I organised someone to come around to help me lift this heavy sucker onto its stand then the entertainment unit.

Pretty happy with it so far. I was expecting the quality of the Austar channels to be worse then what they are, particularly as the best connection available is S-Video. The movie and music channels are quite good, obviously a higher bit-rate then the others.

The Apple TV looks fantastic, even the streamed YouTube video looked good.

Thanks again to Ice and the salesman. :)

Anyway, as everyone wants photo's, here are mine....

http://web.mac.com/ljeffs/Site/Photos.html

The Apple TV looks fantastic, even the streamed YouTube video looked good.

Thanks again to Ice and the salesman. :)

Anyway, as everyone wants photo's, here are mine....

http://web.mac.com/ljeffs/Site/Photos.html

Seconded about the Apple TV. I just got mine and the output is really nice.

That's a nice entertainment unit you've got there - where did you get it from?

Seconded about the Apple TV. I just got mine and the output is really nice.

What is apple tv?

Thanks mate, I got it from Hardly Normal for $599. Here is the product link. There is also a shorter model for $499 and a longer model, but this didn't have a centre compartment. It comes in kit form. Not hard to put together but a little time consuming. It is actually the only unit I could find which would accommodate my large centre speaker in a middle compartment.

I found a lot of units don't have a centre area (only left and right sides) and if they did they were not tall enough. It seems most manufacturers think we all use small speakers from all in one home theatre systems, that will either fit on a small shelf or are small enough to sit on top in front of the TV.

Anyway, even with this unit I had to sacrifice the glass shelf and sit the receiver directly on top of the speaker. I would of also preferred the receiver on the bottom but there is no rear cord/cable access on the bottom half.

no cord access, simple. most units back onto a wall. we've always just cut the holes where we need them.also if the sheves move but not quite right, drill holes for those push in thingys

no cord access, simple. most units back onto a wall. we've always just cut the holes where we need them.also if the sheves move but not quite right, drill holes for those push in thingys

Absolutely, I went to town on mine with a hand saw, did a really crappy job too! But not to worry because, like you say, it faces the wall.

ljeffs16: Thanks mate I'll have a look at that unit more closely. Totally agree on the centre speaker issue.

finally got the 42" pana. haven't tried it with a PC though.

extremely happy with the inbuilt tuner though. fantastic quality and speed.

what's the best and safest way to clean these things from dust (not that it is now, but i'm sure it will in the future)