Panasonic Group Buy, Owners Showoff Thread.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought a 50" 70A with 3 yr warranty for $2968.

What price did the 700A owners get it for in this group buy?

Would have been better than this for the PX70A, not the PX700A, but you'll need to PM to get the pricing as it's not for public view on the forums I'm told, sorry :)

Cheers,

Doc.

Yeah possible actually - would depend on the height of the rear door opening. Could perhaps tilt it to get past the opening though. Measurements are back a few posts, check it out and perhaps report back if you have one to measure?

Cheers,

Doc.

I'm getting a 42" so those measurements are of no use.

HAHAHA! Touche! Great come back. Glad you didn't think I was being a smartarse! (well, you probably DID think that, but were too polite to voice it!)

Enjoy the TV. I'm just about to go hunting. I think 50" may be too big but, well, you never know. :)

Be glad if you could drop off some thoughts about the new toy once it's set up!

Bill

Hi Guys and Gals, just new here so I don't have PM capability yet. I have been doing the rounds in Perth and the best price I can get is $xxxx for the 50PX70A with 5yr extended warranty and $xxxx for the 50PX700A with 5yr extended warranty. I did find a Pioneer PDP-507XDA for $xxxx.00 which comes with the full 5 yr Pioneer warranty. Pretty close call.

Could someone email me what the group buy price was got so I can do some bargaining. My Email is: compuway@bigpond.net .au

Cheers....CompuWay

Sorry about the horrenous price thing :blush:

Hi Guys and Gals, just new here so I don't have PM capability yet. I have been doing the rounds in Perth and the best price I can get is $3500 for the 50PX70A with 5yr extended warranty and $3900 for the 50PX700A with 5yr extended warranty. I did find a Pioneer PDP-507XDA for $3956.00 which comes with the full 5 yr Pioneer warranty. Pretty close call.

Could someone email me what the group buy price was got so I can do some bargaining. My Email is: compuway@bigpond.net .au

Cheers....CompuWay

Group buy price is much much better than that. I'll leave it to Ice Magik to PM you prices. I'm not sure he wants everyone pushing the PM around.

The group buy price is not meant to be used for bargaining. Very unlikely you'd do better anyway.

Group buy price is much much better than that. I'll leave it to Ice Magik to PM you prices. I'm not sure he wants everyone pushing the PM around.

The group buy price is not meant to be used for bargaining. Very unlikely you'd do better anyway.

Thanks Shonky I understand. Is there any chance still getting in on the group buy?

Ice Magik do you have anyone in Perth or is the GB available in the West?

Cheers.....CompuWay

This is the second person to spam 2 topics with alternate prices, sure you just want the info out there, but why not make your own topic, its free to do so!

Compuway- there is a FAQ on the group buy here: http://www.dtvforum.info/index.php?showtop...2487&st=480

Halfway down, big red letters, hard to miss. To get your pm's working you just need 5 posts.

Cheers

Dins.

Why, how is it bad for anybody that group buy price is known publicly?? It would indicate a price which is close to cost, this would allow other forum members who didn't participate to get a better price. I don't see how this is bad

Why, how is it bad for anybody that group buy price is known publicly?? It would indicate a price which is close to cost, this would allow other forum members who didn't participate to get a better price. I don't see how this is bad

We are simply respecting the request by Ice Magik to not publicly disclose the prices. He has put in countless hours going to all the retailers, answering emails etc. The least we can do is respect this. If we publicly list the prices, maybe there is a chance the whole thing could collapse. The retailer wouldn't want everyone buying at the price, or else they'd simply advertise that price themselves.

It's called trust, and confidentiality mate.

If you have a problem with it, PM me, and i will be sure to respond.

Ice_Magik

This is the second person to spam 2 topics with alternate prices, sure you just want the info out there, but why not make your own topic, its free to do so!

Compuway- there is a FAQ on the group buy here: http://www.dtvforum.info/index.php?showtop...2487&st=480

Halfway down, big red letters, hard to miss. To get your pm's working you just need 5 posts.

Cheers

Dins.

Thanks Dins for your helpful advice. I did post it on another thread but I guess didn't edit this one out. Anyway, 1 more towards my magic, all important 5th post. :blush:

Cheers

yeah me too.. more pics please dr!

Righto gang... a few shots of the actual unit, rather than just the carton, coming your way very shortly. The entertainment unit was a real c-word to assemble, but the finished result I think you will agree was worth it! Just gotta get the shots uploaded and then I'll post in a little bit.

Was up 'til past 2:30 playing with content :)

Cheers,

Doc.

It's called trust, and confidentiality mate.

If you have a problem with it, PM me, and i will be sure to respond.

Ice_Magik

How is that any different to anybody else saying what price they were able to haggle the price down to. So what nobody should tell what price they were able to get a display for??? Thats basicly what your saying, the deal has been done cash has exchanged hands why does it matter?