Sign in to follow this  
Ice_Magik

Panasonic Group Buy, Owners Showoff Thread.

Place your pix, comments, gripes, reviews, everythings here.

Cheers

Nath

Are there people who have actually received their sets? I'm still waiting for the salesman to phone. :blush:

Think I must have been lucky getting a call from our man close to closing time on Tuesday and confirming everything including payment then and there... 50PX700A due to arrive with me in the next few hours :D

Are there people who have actually received their sets? I'm still waiting for the salesman to phone. :blush:

As i've explaned brumby, he will be calling everyone on the list this weekend, as of 6pm this arvo, Dont turn your mobiles off!

He works weekends so has wed/thurs off.

The only people that would have been called so far are the first small group of people who responded instantly to my messages on the monday.

Nath

The only people that would have been called so far are the first small group of people who responded instantly to my messages on the monday.

Nath

Yep - I was definitely in that category... think it was less than 5 minutes for me to respond with a definite yes after getting the group buy pricing and details last Monday night!

Doc.

As i've explaned brumby, he will be calling everyone on the list this weekend, as of 6pm this arvo, Dont turn your mobiles off!

He works weekends so has wed/thurs off.

Nath

I'm not trying to give you a hard time, Nath, hence the :blush: Forgive me if I gave that impression. Mobile phone on and being charged as we speak :)

Clearly, the early accepters are the one's who will get the first delivery. Us ditherers will have to take our chances. I'm sure there are LOTS of people waiting for your first impressions/pictures Dr Smythe.

I'm not trying to give you a hard time, Nath, hence the :blush: Forgive me if I gave that impression. Mobile phone on and being charged as we speak :)

Clearly, the early accepters are the one's who will get the first delivery. Us ditherers will have to take our chances. I'm sure there are LOTS of people waiting for your first impressions/pictures Dr Smythe.

I'll definitely get some piccies up for ya folks... but it will be of an unpacked box until tomorrow I'd say. Need to put together the entertainment unit that has been sat in my office with me for the last 3 weeks first!

Doc.

I'll definitely get some piccies up for ya folks... but it will be of an unpacked box until tomorrow I'd say. Need to put together the entertainment unit that has been sat in my office with me for the last 3 weeks first!

Doc.

Pix of the box will do for a start mate ! :rolleyes:

thats pretty fast. still waiting for his call :wacko: whats the chance of picking mine up this arvo? :blush:

Hey Dr Smythe,

What are the dimensions of the box so I know what kind of vehicle space I need to load it in?

just confirmed with the sales person. i'll be getting mine tomorrow morning :) cant wait.

Hey Dr Smythe,

What are the dimensions of the box so I know what kind of vehicle space I need to load it in?

Hmmm... me thinks you ain't getting this in anything but a van/truck:

W1385mm x H925mm x D485mm

Cheers,

Doc.

Hmmm... me thinks you ain't getting this in anything but a van/truck:

W1385mm x H925mm x D485mm

Cheers,

Doc.

I will have to see if I can fit a box that size in a hatchback, with all the seats down. I have a feeling that you're right about needing a van for transport. Let's hope the delivery guys aren't completely booked out, and can deliver ASAP.

I will have to see if I can fit a box that size in a hatchback, with all the seats down. I have a feeling that you're right about needing a van for transport. Let's hope the delivery guys aren't completely booked out, and can deliver ASAP.

I can assure you this thing wouldn't go in a hatch.... you're not meant to transport them lying down either, so as an upright it would need to be a van or truck I think. Wouldn't get past the doors of anything else!

Doc.

I can assure you this thing wouldn't go in a hatch.... you're not meant to transport them lying down either, so as an upright it would need to be a van or truck I think. Wouldn't get past the doors of anything else!

Doc.

Thanks for that advice. I can forget about transporting it myself then! Is there any advice on whether the unit should be turned on straight away, or left for a little while after being transported?

Thanks for that advice. I can forget about transporting it myself then! Is there any advice on whether the unit should be turned on straight away, or left for a little while after being transported?

I'm not too sure on that - I have seen comments that say if it has been laying down you need to leave it upright for 24 hours or something like that, but I'm not sure how much truth there is in the statement. Besides, I don't know if mine has been laying down or upright in transport as it states very clearly on the carton. One can only hope the latter.

Mine will have been 'settling' for about 10 or so hours before it gets the royal heave-ho up onto it's new perch... hopefully that's enough, because I'll be begging to see it switched on by then I can tell you! :D

Doc.

I'm not too sure on that - I have seen comments that say if it has been laying down you need to leave it upright for 24 hours or something like that, but I'm not sure how much truth there is in the statement.

I htink thats for fridges, and even then ive never done it and everything's been apples!

Bitey

I htink thats for fridges, and even then ive never done it and everything's been apples!

Bitey

That's what I thought too... bah, bugger it then - I'll just switch it on ASAP!

Cheers,

Doc.

Doc.

What about a 4WD?

I bought a 50" 70A with 3 yr warranty for $2968.

What price did the 700A owners get it for in this group buy?