Panasonic Group Buy, Owners Showoff Thread.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are there people who have actually received their sets? I'm still waiting for the salesman to phone. :blush:

Think I must have been lucky getting a call from our man close to closing time on Tuesday and confirming everything including payment then and there... 50PX700A due to arrive with me in the next few hours :D

Are there people who have actually received their sets? I'm still waiting for the salesman to phone. :blush:

As i've explaned brumby, he will be calling everyone on the list this weekend, as of 6pm this arvo, Dont turn your mobiles off!

He works weekends so has wed/thurs off.

The only people that would have been called so far are the first small group of people who responded instantly to my messages on the monday.

Nath

The only people that would have been called so far are the first small group of people who responded instantly to my messages on the monday.

Nath

Yep - I was definitely in that category... think it was less than 5 minutes for me to respond with a definite yes after getting the group buy pricing and details last Monday night!

Doc.

As i've explaned brumby, he will be calling everyone on the list this weekend, as of 6pm this arvo, Dont turn your mobiles off!

He works weekends so has wed/thurs off.

Nath

I'm not trying to give you a hard time, Nath, hence the :blush: Forgive me if I gave that impression. Mobile phone on and being charged as we speak :)

Clearly, the early accepters are the one's who will get the first delivery. Us ditherers will have to take our chances. I'm sure there are LOTS of people waiting for your first impressions/pictures Dr Smythe.

I'm not trying to give you a hard time, Nath, hence the :blush: Forgive me if I gave that impression. Mobile phone on and being charged as we speak :)

Clearly, the early accepters are the one's who will get the first delivery. Us ditherers will have to take our chances. I'm sure there are LOTS of people waiting for your first impressions/pictures Dr Smythe.

I'll definitely get some piccies up for ya folks... but it will be of an unpacked box until tomorrow I'd say. Need to put together the entertainment unit that has been sat in my office with me for the last 3 weeks first!

Doc.

I'll definitely get some piccies up for ya folks... but it will be of an unpacked box until tomorrow I'd say. Need to put together the entertainment unit that has been sat in my office with me for the last 3 weeks first!

Doc.

Pix of the box will do for a start mate ! :rolleyes:

Hey Dr Smythe,

What are the dimensions of the box so I know what kind of vehicle space I need to load it in?

Hmmm... me thinks you ain't getting this in anything but a van/truck:

W1385mm x H925mm x D485mm

Cheers,

Doc.

Hmmm... me thinks you ain't getting this in anything but a van/truck:

W1385mm x H925mm x D485mm

Cheers,

Doc.

I will have to see if I can fit a box that size in a hatchback, with all the seats down. I have a feeling that you're right about needing a van for transport. Let's hope the delivery guys aren't completely booked out, and can deliver ASAP.

I will have to see if I can fit a box that size in a hatchback, with all the seats down. I have a feeling that you're right about needing a van for transport. Let's hope the delivery guys aren't completely booked out, and can deliver ASAP.

I can assure you this thing wouldn't go in a hatch.... you're not meant to transport them lying down either, so as an upright it would need to be a van or truck I think. Wouldn't get past the doors of anything else!

Doc.

I can assure you this thing wouldn't go in a hatch.... you're not meant to transport them lying down either, so as an upright it would need to be a van or truck I think. Wouldn't get past the doors of anything else!

Doc.

Thanks for that advice. I can forget about transporting it myself then! Is there any advice on whether the unit should be turned on straight away, or left for a little while after being transported?

Thanks for that advice. I can forget about transporting it myself then! Is there any advice on whether the unit should be turned on straight away, or left for a little while after being transported?

I'm not too sure on that - I have seen comments that say if it has been laying down you need to leave it upright for 24 hours or something like that, but I'm not sure how much truth there is in the statement. Besides, I don't know if mine has been laying down or upright in transport as it states very clearly on the carton. One can only hope the latter.

Mine will have been 'settling' for about 10 or so hours before it gets the royal heave-ho up onto it's new perch... hopefully that's enough, because I'll be begging to see it switched on by then I can tell you! :D

Doc.

I'm not too sure on that - I have seen comments that say if it has been laying down you need to leave it upright for 24 hours or something like that, but I'm not sure how much truth there is in the statement.

I htink thats for fridges, and even then ive never done it and everything's been apples!

Bitey

Doc.

What about a 4WD?

What about a 4WD?

Yeah possible actually - would depend on the height of the rear door opening. Could perhaps tilt it to get past the opening though. Measurements are back a few posts, check it out and perhaps report back if you have one to measure?

Cheers,

Doc.

I bought a 50" 70A with 3 yr warranty for $2968.

What price did the 700A owners get it for in this group buy?

Would have been better than this for the PX70A, not the PX700A, but you'll need to PM to get the pricing as it's not for public view on the forums I'm told, sorry :)

Cheers,

Doc.

Yeah possible actually - would depend on the height of the rear door opening. Could perhaps tilt it to get past the opening though. Measurements are back a few posts, check it out and perhaps report back if you have one to measure?

Cheers,

Doc.

I'm getting a 42" so those measurements are of no use.

HAHAHA! Touche! Great come back. Glad you didn't think I was being a smartarse! (well, you probably DID think that, but were too polite to voice it!)

Enjoy the TV. I'm just about to go hunting. I think 50" may be too big but, well, you never know. :)

Be glad if you could drop off some thoughts about the new toy once it's set up!

Bill

Be glad if you could drop off some thoughts about the new toy once it's set up!

Will do - I'm signing off now... got a big night ahead... first the entertainment unit needs to be built, then the wiring begins...

Cheers,

Doc.

Hi Guys and Gals, just new here so I don't have PM capability yet. I have been doing the rounds in Perth and the best price I can get is $xxxx for the 50PX70A with 5yr extended warranty and $xxxx for the 50PX700A with 5yr extended warranty. I did find a Pioneer PDP-507XDA for $xxxx.00 which comes with the full 5 yr Pioneer warranty. Pretty close call.

Could someone email me what the group buy price was got so I can do some bargaining. My Email is: compuway@bigpond.net .au

Cheers....CompuWay

Sorry about the horrenous price thing :blush:

Hi Guys and Gals, just new here so I don't have PM capability yet. I have been doing the rounds in Perth and the best price I can get is $3500 for the 50PX70A with 5yr extended warranty and $3900 for the 50PX700A with 5yr extended warranty. I did find a Pioneer PDP-507XDA for $3956.00 which comes with the full 5 yr Pioneer warranty. Pretty close call.

Could someone email me what the group buy price was got so I can do some bargaining. My Email is: compuway@bigpond.net .au

Cheers....CompuWay

Group buy price is much much better than that. I'll leave it to Ice Magik to PM you prices. I'm not sure he wants everyone pushing the PM around.

The group buy price is not meant to be used for bargaining. Very unlikely you'd do better anyway.

Group buy price is much much better than that. I'll leave it to Ice Magik to PM you prices. I'm not sure he wants everyone pushing the PM around.

The group buy price is not meant to be used for bargaining. Very unlikely you'd do better anyway.

Thanks Shonky I understand. Is there any chance still getting in on the group buy?

Ice Magik do you have anyone in Perth or is the GB available in the West?

Cheers.....CompuWay

This is the second person to spam 2 topics with alternate prices, sure you just want the info out there, but why not make your own topic, its free to do so!

Compuway- there is a FAQ on the group buy here: http://www.dtvforum.info/index.php?showtop...2487&st=480

Halfway down, big red letters, hard to miss. To get your pm's working you just need 5 posts.

Cheers

Dins.

Why, how is it bad for anybody that group buy price is known publicly?? It would indicate a price which is close to cost, this would allow other forum members who didn't participate to get a better price. I don't see how this is bad

Why, how is it bad for anybody that group buy price is known publicly?? It would indicate a price which is close to cost, this would allow other forum members who didn't participate to get a better price. I don't see how this is bad

We are simply respecting the request by Ice Magik to not publicly disclose the prices. He has put in countless hours going to all the retailers, answering emails etc. The least we can do is respect this. If we publicly list the prices, maybe there is a chance the whole thing could collapse. The retailer wouldn't want everyone buying at the price, or else they'd simply advertise that price themselves.