HOWL'S MOVING CASTLE SHOWTIME January 7, 18, 19, 27

PLACE PROMISED IN OUR EARLY DAYS WORLD MOVIES January 8, 9

Anime movies coming up on SBS:

Laputa: Castle In The Sky (Tenko No Shiro Laputa) Thu 27/12 at 22.10

Kiki's Delivery Service Thu 3/1 at 22.15

Porco Rosso (Kurenai No Buta) Thu 10/1 at 22.10

Grave Of The Fireflies (Hotaru No Haka) Tue 15/1 at 00.20

Edited by mddawson

Ta for the info - lost most of the miyazaki movies with a Toppy crash a while back. And I've never seen Porco Rosso.

Grave of the Fireflies was great, but left me emotionally drained...

Kent

PS. Anyone heard of a studio ghibli boxset being released on R4?

porco rosso is a great movie i assure you will enjoy it

there was an anime on at around 1-2am a few nights ago on sbs but i fell asleep and didnt watch it

porco rosso is a great movie i assure you will enjoy it

there was an anime on at around 1-2am a few nights ago on sbs but i fell asleep and didnt watch it

Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex SBS Sun at 01:35

Samurai Champloo SBS Sun at 02:05

Also starting this coming wednesday:

Naruto (season 3) Cartoon Network Mon-Fri 22.30

Edited by mddawson

hey everyone, just wondering if any of you know where I can find a list of anime films which have been shown on SBS over the past couple of years, It seems unrealistic I know but there are a few that I remember watching as a kid, but I forgot their titles, they were really great though and I am just trying to hunt them down.

hey everyone, just wondering if any of you know where I can find a list of anime films which have been shown on SBS over the past couple of years, It seems unrealistic I know but there are a few that I remember watching as a kid, but I forgot their titles, they were really great though and I am just trying to hunt them down.

From memory aside from the Ghibli movies listed above:

Jin-Roh

Boy Who Saw the Wind

Patalabor

Wings of Honneamise

Edited by mddawson

Coming up on SBS

Appleseed SBS 22.50 03/03/2008

The Year is 2131. Only one sanctuary remains in the wasteland created by World War III: Olympus City. It is run by a massive supercomputer named Gaia which controls all functions of everyday life (lights, power, food, transit, city maintenance). The city is populated with humans and bioroids, a race of genetically engineered humans that can be programmed to do anything. There are some who see this as a threat to the human race, that the bioroids and Gaia have a secret agenda to eradicate the humans and dominate the planet.

Ghibli: The Miyazaki Temple SBS 13.50 15/03/2008

The documentary presents Japanese animated cinema through a journey into the universe of director Hayao Miyazaki and his Ghibli studio. Hayao Miyazaki is one of Japan's greatest animation directors. The entertaining plots, compelling characters and breathtaking animation in his films have earned him international renown from critics as well as both national and international recognition. Clips from Miyazaki's latest films, Howl's Moving Castle, Spirited Away and The Grave of the Fireflies, shows what has influenced Japanese animation over the years and what differentiates it from Western animation.

Spirited Away (Sen To Chihiro No Kamikakushi) SBS 21.30 23/03/2008

This film won numerous awards including the Best Animated Feature Academy Award, the Golden Bear at the Berlin Film Festival and the Best Film at the San Francisco Film Festival. Chihiro and her family are on their way to their new house in the suburbs, on their way, they stumble upon a tunnel and Chihiro's father decides it is a shortcut. They walk through and discover a place that looks like a deserted theme park and an open-air restaurant filled with food but with no workers or customers present. Directed by the legendary Hayao Miyazaki, voices by Daveigh Chase, and Suzanne Pleshette.

Edited by mddawson

Thanks yet again mddawson! :D

I would have had no idea there was an Anime on SBS tonight...

...It seems ABC2 has dropped its anime for the moment though... :(

Noien is being repeated midday Sundays, two episodes at a time.

Death Note is going to start in April, on ABC2.

I really wish ABC2 would move Good Game/Red Dwarf/any anime back to Tuesdays. It now conflicts with SBS and CSI. :(

Also, how do you guys find out whats on a month in advance?

Death Note starts on 14th April, at 9:30pm, between Good Game and jTV.

Do yer know if theres any chance of it being subtitled for us deafies?

Do yer know if theres any chance of it being subtitled for us deafies?

The anime ABC2 shows usually is. That is, the usual teletext 801 subbies.

According to my TV guide, Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex returns to SBS 01:35AM Tuesday March 11th.

....But then again, this is the same TV guide that listed Journeyman for 2 weeks after it was swapped to Ten HD... <_<